Sat 8th/Sun 9th Jun : The Betfred Championship Fixture Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So watching it back I can put a freeze frame on here that suggests that Tangata is more than comitted, he is never going to be able to pull out of that tackle so although I don't think its late it is certainly high and I were a little harsh on Woods as its probably no surprise he stayed down. Id also like to question how Brooks stayed on the field throwing punches against a player been held back by others in front of the official and also the player that Murrell drags away who also got a couple of cheap shots away. Its a pity the camera didnt pick up the full incident although Id assume Fleming has thrown first as at that point there were only a couple of players around so the officials must have had a clear view. Personally Id have gone with Tangata Yellow/Red, Flemming Red, Brooks Red and the other Leigh player who I cant quite work out Red.

Quick edit: the other Leigh player is No.11

Hard to tell Thornley's part in the incident as he was the other Leigh player who actually got a card, hes obviously in the group throwing punches and gets a couple in himself but I can't work out how 1 Halifax player throws punches compared to 3 Leigh players and Halifax get the only red card. I reckon we might see a few bans from that incident maybe 4 players on striking charges and 1 on a high challenge.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Hard to tell Thornley's part in the incident as he was the other Leigh player who actually got a card, hes obviously in the group throwing punches and gets a couple in himself but I can't work out how 1 Halifax player throws punches compared to 3 Leigh players and Halifax get the only red card. I reckon we might see a few bans from that incident maybe 4 players on striking charges and 1 on a high challenge.

Would assume Thornley started something and Fleming paid back with interest, as you say the camera follows the action and misses that bit, as did I. I do think Tangata's challenge was late, as well as high. And the fact that he left his feet meant he was also not in control, could be considered reckless.

Brooks might get something for running in, not sure about Adamson. Fleming could also be facing a ban for striking in the first half, he got a few in for his yellow.

Archived