Fri7th/Sat 8th/Sun 9th : The Betfred League 1 Fixture Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 fixtures here.

All kick off at 3pm unless stated :

Friday 7th June :

Hunslet v Keighley Cougars KO 7:30pm

Saturday 8th June :

West Wales Raiders v Workington Town

Sunday 9th June :

North Wales Crusaders v Newcastle Thunder KO 2:30pm

Whitehaven RLFC v Coventry Bears

Doncaster RLFC v Oldham KO 5:30pm

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• John Drake pinned this topic
  • ckn unpinned and pinned this topic

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Friday 7th June :

Hunslet 34 v 12 Keighley Cougars KO 7:30pm

Saturday 8th June :

West Wales Raiders 14 v 36 Workington Town

Sunday 9th June :

North Wales Crusaders 10 v 26 Newcastle Thunder KO 2:30pm

Whitehaven RLFC 42 v 16 Coventry Bears

Doncaster RLFC 28 v 14 Oldham KO 5:30pm

Payback time for Oldham V Doncaster. We will be nearly at full strength with our own players compared to Doncaster's DR from Hull and loanees from Featherstone and Wakefield. How do their own players get on with this training and not playing?

Hunslet v Keighley Cougars KO 7:30pm    Home win

Saturday 8th June :

West Wales Raiders v Workington Town     Away win

Sunday 9th June :

North Wales Crusaders v Newcastle Thunder KO 2:30pm    Home win

Whitehaven RLFC v Coventry Bears    Home win

Doncaster RLFC v Oldham KO 5:30pm.    Home win but very close

Astonished,and more than a little disappointed,that the rugby league press,and media,have not given greater coverage to Phil Larder returning to Keighley.

When Phil Larder was with the Great Britain side,Leeds were appointing a number of coaches - the late Maurice Bamford and the late Peter Fox,then they appointed the head GB  coach Malcolm Reilly and then Doug Lawton.

History may be repeating itself.

Phil Larder wrote a book on coaching,and he had been a school teacher.

He started his rugby career playing in the other code.

If Phil Larder had gone to a Super League club I suspect the whole media circus would be in operation.

Fantastic that he has returned to Keighley,while they are in League 1

I haven't even seen a Garry Schofield comment.

The son of Phil Larder has recently become an assistant at Rochdale Hornets.

If this sport immediately forgets its players - it seems to do worse with its top coaches.

Perhaps RLW will allow a quick 20 questions for a later edition.

Good luck to Keighley in a difficult away game.

Fantastic that the new owner of the club has returned,( after what was achieved the last time ).It should have been a great story.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Friday 7th June :

Hunslet 34 v 0 Keighley Cougars (just a guess)

Saturday 8th June :

West Wales Raiders 8 v 38 Workington Town

Sunday 9th June :

North Wales Crusaders 18 v 22 Newcastle Thunder

Whitehaven RLFC 22 v 22 Coventry Bears (should have been away win last year - Bears reinforced tomorrow with loans & DR from Broncos, Rams, Eagles)

Doncaster RLFC 22 v 24 Oldham

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

West Wales 12 v Workington 58 FT.

West Wales still improving I see,.............and aren't Cougar's going well since sacking Lingard!!!!!!!

Yes, Newcastle supporters singing in the rain, the rest of us mired in deep depression.  The Cru were as terrible as the score suggests and richly deserved to be at the end of our biggest losing margin of the season. Don't know what's gone wrong this season but something needs to be done pronto, CEO Andy Mousdale disappeared into our dressing room just before the end with a look of thunder (if you'll pardon the expression) on his face. Gate given as 302, but I thought that I caught a whiff of the legendary RU multiplier there.

12 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Yes, Newcastle supporters singing in the rain, the rest of us mired in deep depression.  The Cru were as terrible as the score suggests and richly deserved to be at the end of our biggest losing margin of the season. Don't know what's gone wrong this season but something needs to be done pronto, CEO Andy Mousdale disappeared into our dressing room just before the end with a look of thunder (if you'll pardon the expression) on his face. Gate given as 302, but I thought that I caught a whiff of the legendary RU multiplier there.

What you think has gone wrong?

As you'd imagine I'm very pleased. Oldham were poor but we were very good. I'd give a more balanced assessment if I was less inebriated but please enjoy Watson Boas's try on YouTube later in week. Rangi. You've got it all on in a few weeks. Fullback I reckon.

16 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Fair assessment from yourself, as usual. Yesterday was a simple case of being beaten by a far better team and the Newcastle fullback played a blinder, give him the ball and he was going to score.

We've been on the wrong end of some close results this season, and if we were a bit more ruthless, we could quite easily have another six points to our name in the league table. On the pitch at least, we seem to be just on the wrong side of the line between success and failure (yesterday excepted). For the past three years or so, Thunder have been building up momentum, they have investment and have moved to a good stadium with decent landlords. We on the other hand, have spent the last three years paying off debts, and it showed yesterday.

The only consolation from yesterday is that Thunder and their wonderful fans are finally getting to see the progress they deserve, and good luck to them.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Doncaster looked like world beaters yesterday and Oldham looked a different team to the won the Bears played recently. Just shows how up and down some teams form is. Any team that strings together a consistent set of results in the second half of the season has a chance of promotion. 

I didnt get to the Bears game yesterday due to other commitments but by all accounts a good solid performance against top of the table Haven (especially considering the number of injuries in the squad) . Leading 14-8 at half time but fell away 2nd half. The Bears team is  certainly has the ability though lacking a little in experience against more established teams 

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

I didnt get to the Bears game yesterday due to other commitments but by all accounts a good solid performance against top of the table Haven (especially considering the number of injuries in the squad) . Leading 14-8 at half time but fell away 2nd half. The Bears team is  certainly has the ability though lacking a little in experience against more established teams 

Nah. 'Haven were poor.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived