Boycotting Aussie national anthem

1 minute ago, RP London said:

Yes i agree to an extent. however, Folau had a contract that he breached by posting what he posted. You do not sign up to sing the national anthem nor do you sign anywhere to say that you will not speak out about inequality, in fact folau was sacked for encouraging inequality (amongst other things). What those speaking about the anthem are wanting is more equality and equal deference made by language which is surely something everyone should be striving for anyway.

Yes, I do agree. But I figured I should stop myself before I made a long and rambling post about it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Yes, I do agree. But I figured I should stop myself before I made a long and rambling post about it.

no no, this is an internet forum its designed for long and rambling posts... I'll Private message you a couple of people's accounts to look at and you can get some ideas if you'd like :kolobok_ph34r:

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I would suggest that having the courage to stand by something you believe in despite the possible consequences is braver and more noble than having the 'guts' to sit a battle out.

440px-John_Carlos,_Tommie_Smith,_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

ap-49ers-reid-protest-football_93344829.jpg

You probably already know it but reading the story of Peter Norman never fails to produce some very strong emotions of humility and anger in me.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

You probably already know it but reading the story of Peter Norman never fails to produce some very strong emotions of humility and anger in me.

Yes, I know the story and I agree with your emotions.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

What about Walker though Tom?

I don't think he particularly stood out either way, but he was replaced by Maloney who had a stormer in Game 2, so justified decision? Mitchell has been out of form for a while imo, he was poor in Ryan Hall's first game against Brisbane that I watched so I don't know if he's just in a bit of a slump because he's clearly a class acy. Its Also worth noting the players that were retained such as Addo-Carr and Ferguson brought in for the blues. Plus the QLD retained players. 

I see comments like Tahu's as unhelpful. They sound like the conspiracy theories in the thread that the RFL want to keep Fev out of SL to explain the refs decisions in the Barrow game. If all players had been dropped wholesale and those of indigenous descent not considered for selection in Game 2 I'd agree there's a problem, but they weren't and were replaced by players who had better games. Cotric was also dropped. 

Archived