1995 cup

ernieone

33 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Its been treated with contempt by three teams that could have easily won it.

It's less costly to get knocked out early on. Whoever wins this competition will end up with some big bills to pay.

Common sense or contempt?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It's less costly to get knocked out early on. Whoever wins this competition will end up with some big bills to pay.

Common sense or contempt?

The clubs should say that though bsj instead of playing the 'player welfare card'. We didnt have player welfare at Easter when my club played its best players in both games. This competition was written on the back of a match box. I cant see the point in having it anymore. Someone on the Dewsbury forum had the idea of having the games at Summer bash for the quarter finals and with a bit of prize money and a CURTAIN RAISER at Wembley then it stood a chance.

2 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

The clubs should say that though bsj instead of playing the 'player welfare card'. We didnt have player welfare at Easter when my club played its best players in both games. This competition was written on the back of a match box. I cant see the point in having it anymore. Someone on the Dewsbury forum had the idea of having the games at Summer bash for the quarter finals and with a bit of prize money and a CURTAIN RAISER at Wembley then it stood a chance.

I couldn't agree more Phil. The competition shouldn't have been played this year but planned properly for 2020.

In my view it was an ill thought out sop to the rest of the clubs after the SL schism.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Recent form, steady side, upturn in form and fortune, got to fancy us to pull this off, unlucky not to win there in the league.

Archived