Jack Walker signs lucrative long-term deal with Leeds

its probably not a bad move but you do wonder who is making the decisions as this time last year (iirc) they were signing Goulding up to a long term contract.. 

2 hours ago, RP London said:

its probably not a bad move but you do wonder who is making the decisions as this time last year (iirc) they were signing Goulding up to a long term contract.. 

Bobby Goulding is just the  player that I'd love Leeds to sign again.

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 minute ago, Wolford6 said:

Bobby Goulding is just the  player that I'd love Leeds to sign again.

?

oh balls :kolobok_punish:

Golding.. darn it :kolobok_hi:

Good player to have signed up long term, hopefully will mean if he ever moves then it is for a decent fee.

I still have my reservations about his positioning but other than that looks like a genuine future star both for Leeds and England. Hopefully we get a quality backs coach in to guide him and Newman through the ranks.

A five year deal...will he be out of his teens by the end of that?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I hope Golding moves somewhere soon. He's a good player and as Leeds don't fancy him, he could do a job at another SL club. 

Its good for Walker to have a long term deal. Shows Leeds have high value for him and gives him a platform to kick on from. 

19 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

I hope Golding moves somewhere soon. He's a good player and as Leeds don't fancy him, he could do a job at another SL club. 

Its good for Walker to have a long term deal. Shows Leeds have high value for him and gives him a platform to kick on from. 

I think the problem Golding has is there seems to be a high number of decent fullbacks across the league. Most teams have at least 2 quality players in that position. Personally I'm annoyed for him that he hasn't had a shot on the wing or wasn't preferred to Lolohea at FB while Walker has been injured.

3 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I think the problem Golding has is there seems to be a high number of decent fullbacks across the league. Most teams have at least 2 quality players in that position. Personally I'm annoyed for him that he hasn't had a shot on the wing or wasn't preferred to Lolohea at FB while Walker has been injured.

I too feel a bit sorry for Golding, but the reality is that he needs to develop his game more to become a regular starter in the top level. Defensively he is very good but his pace has seemingly gone (when it was his main attribute in Academy level). He needs to develop his kicking and passing game to compensate. He could well follow the path of someone like Niall Evalds and find his way back to the top.

It probably looks a bit foolish Leeds tying him up to such a long term and probably fairly lucrative contract in hindsight

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Golding is a lot better FB than Lolohea

8 hours ago, RP London said:

It was 2 years ago when Ashton Golding signed his 5 year deal.

I guess they didn’t expect Walker to overtake him in the pecking order quite so quickly. 

Golding is a Super League quality full back and I expect him to be playing for another Super League club next year.

His defence is better than average but his attacking threat is non existent.

Lolohea is a great link up player and arguably has the silkiest hands at the club but cannot defend for toffee.

Neither are particularly suited to FB.

Golding is not as good as Briscoe or Handley but on what I would think is a small wage he could be cover for either wing or FB. I dont mind if he stays, I'd think his wages are small.

Glad Walker is staying but I dont like the way he held the club to ransom for his last contract and it wouldn't surprise me if he's managed to get an over the top rate based on what he might one day develop into.

17 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It was 2 years ago when Ashton Golding signed his 5 year deal.

I guess they didn’t expect Walker to overtake him in the pecking order quite so quickly. 

Golding is a Super League quality full back and I expect him to be playing for another Super League club next year.

Was it 2 years??.... blimey time has flown! Yes fair comment on not expecting walker to come through as fast then.. 

Archived