Rochdale (H)

Wakefield Ram

Rochdale seem to be able to compete for 40-60 minutes but then fall apart. Their coach has made big changes and brought lads in from the amateur game. Their fans are resigned to relegation and I imagine a lot of their players are as well. 

The trick will will be making a fast start, and finishing strongly - not our forte. The players know what a big game this is and I’m confident of a positive result. It might not be pretty but I’ll go Rams 30-20 Rochdale. 

The players were looking confident and reasonably relaxed during the latter part of the second half on Sunday. If they can carry this mindset through into this game I believe that it will set us in good stead for a decent win. On the other hand games against Rochdale over the years have been consistently unpredictable.

I hope that we don't see too many changes from last week's team so, assuming that is the case, I will go for:

Rams 36 - 16 Hornets

Att: 778

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

This loan game is getting out of control ..... there are players loaned to championship teams who have played for 3 or more championship teams .... these month long loan deals are a joke .... How many teams has Ellis Robson played for this season?

There needs to be some sort of new ruling as the current ruling is  making a mockery of ....' just who are a teams players'   

We have Chris Annakin .. who has only played for us in the championship this season and that's OK ... but many other loan and DR  players ... are turning out for different teams from week to week... its a farce!!! 

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

This loan game is getting out of control ..... there are players loaned to championship teams who have played for 3 or more championship teams .... these month long loan deals are a joke .... How many teams has Ellis Robson played for this season?

There needs to be some sort of new ruling as the current ruling is  making a mockery of ....' just who are a teams players'   

We have Chris Annakin .. who has only played for us in the championship this season and that's OK ... but many other loan and DR  players ... are turning out for different teams from week to week... its a farce!!! 

I’d just keep Chris Annakin on loan and sack rest off. 

Lee said when he took the job that he hates dual reg and wasn’t a huge fan of loans but I get the feeling his hands were tied really given the amount of players that left at the end of last season. I’m confident next season will be very different once he’s had a full off season to recruit and bring in his own players. Let’s just hope that’s for a team in the Championship, not League 1. 

I like York and wish them well but their use of the loan system is a bit of a joke. Bringing in the likes of Vaivai from Hull KR... it just doesn’t sit right with me really. Super League first team players playing against lads who are working 5 days a week. 

9 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

Lee said when he took the job that he hates dual reg and wasn’t a huge fan of loans but I get the feeling his hands were tied really given the amount of players that left at the end of last season. I’m confident next season will be very different once he’s had a full off season to recruit and bring in his own players. Let’s just hope that’s for a team in the Championship, not League 1. 

I like York and wish them well but their use of the loan system is a bit of a joke. Bringing in the likes of Vaivai from Hull KR... it just doesn’t sit right with me really. Super League first team players playing against lads who are working 5 days a week. 

It will depend on what budget LG has. You need money to build and retain a team. As previous coaches have found, the better players get offered more money elsewhere and move on. And that's assuming we stay up.

10 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

Are York the only club loaning players or using D.R.?, all clubs can do it, its up to each club if they chose to do it or not.

Must win game for us on Sunday, lose this and bottom two could be ours come end of season. Win it and it builds confidence for future games.

Any chance that we could have Sykes back for this one? We need him back as quickly as possible.

Rams 34-20 Hornets, attendance 831.

A must win game this one. As much as I’d love to see Paul Sykes back is it worth the risk,I’d save him for a couple more weeks as I don’t think he’ll be travelling over to Toronto anyway. Play like we did last week and we’ll win this one,play like we did against Batley and we won’t,simple. I hope Lee doesn’t tinker too much with the team but I won’t hold my breath.

Rams 32

Rochdale 14

FTS Day

MOM Day

ATT 845

6 hours ago, graham fisher said:

A must win game this one. As much as I’d love to see Paul Sykes back is it worth the risk,I’d save him for a couple more weeks as I don’t think he’ll be travelling over to Toronto anyway. Play like we did last week and we’ll win this one,play like we did against Batley and we won’t,simple. I hope Lee doesn’t tinker too much with the team but I won’t hold my breath.

Rams 32

Rochdale 14

FTS Day

MOM Day

ATT 845

Reading his comments in preparation for this game where he said that those who played at Swinton lost whilst those who played at home won; on that basis it would seem unfair for him to change the team too much from last week. I hope that he sticks with this statement. I reckon one of the forwards will make room for Garratt to return but that's about all.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

HWD Hospital Radio are covering the Rams as they take on Rochdale Hornets at the Tetley Stadium - in a real 4 pointer!

As ever you can listen LIVE!

Join Martin Sharpe & Rob Farrar for "Afternoon Delight" from 2pm with all the big game build up and then listen to game commentary in full from 3pm on "Rugby League Live" ?

Select this link..  on your PC, Tablet or Smartphone and click on play to Listen Live!

Why not join in the banter and get a mention on the "Chat Box" during the game.

Rugby League Live on HWD Radio - It's just like being there

835487411_HWDListen_image.jpg.130ce0a0470365f51dba8868f3814cc2.jpg

1 hour ago, callmedave said:

Leave him for Toronto as the Wolfpack may be distracted now that David Argyle is no longer in charge. We could take advantage if they’re worried about their future.

I suspect that Sykes won't travel to Toronto.

Argyle has confirmed that his financial commitment hasn't changed at all.

1 hour ago, callmedave said:

Leave him for Toronto as the Wolfpack may be distracted now that David Argyle is no longer in charge. We could take advantage if they’re worried about their future.

I wouldn't take the risk .... Toronto should beat us... I would save him for games we have at least a 50/50 chance of winning ... so for me play him against Rochdale ... rest him for Toronto ( and that's not even considering visa issues ) and then bring him back for Leigh at home.

19 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Great to see,apart from Chris Annakin rest of the squad are Dewsbury players.

Absolutely .... but Chris plays like he is a Dewsbury player... been a great loan signing!!

11 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

This time I’m hoping for a win, built on last week’s victory. 

Dewsbury 32-20 Rochdale 

FTS: Morton

MoM: Reilly

Att: 719

Quite laid back about this one.  If we lose we will deserve to go down - simples

Very satisfying day at the office from all 17 and maybe just the presence of Sykes alone gave the side confidence- industrious performance from Trout and Day (And no doubt BSJ is happy being named twice as sponsor, well done) in particular but the pack overall took it to our opponents. Add to this the Mighty Finn kicking 100% and it gives us a great shot of confidence. However I do feel sorry for the loyal Hornets supporters who had to put up with such a poor performance- not what I expected from a team fighting relegation and they look destined for L1 I’m afraid.

As far as relegation goes it’s one from Swinton, Barrow & us now. Rochdale are definitely down. 

A win like that will obviously do wonders for the confidence. Important to keep a settled side now and build on it. 

UTR. 

Archived