Rochdale (H)

Wakefield Ram

An encouraging performance to set alongside Rochdale's woeful defence. Lee Greenwood actually said on R Leeds that he would have fancied a run out against them today.

The Sykes/Finn partnership worked very well and it was good to see a team of "our players" (Annakin is honorary) turning out. I don't expect us to be relying upon any more loan players for the rest of the season now. Every player contributed and the forwards in particular took the ball up very strongly; the boy Day done well too.

Despite only having seen him in a couple of games I would like us to secure Martin's services for next season - he looks very impressive and brings confidence to the custodian's role.

Onwards and upwards.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

An encouraging performance to set alongside Rochdale's woeful defence. Lee Greenwood actually said on R Leeds that he would have fancied a run out against them today.

The Sykes/Finn partnership worked very well and it was good to see a team of "our players" (Annakin is honorary) turning out. I don't expect us to be relying upon any more loan players for the rest of the season now. Every player contributed and the forwards in particular took the ball up very strongly; the boy Day done well too.

Despite only having seen him in a couple of games I would like us to secure Martin's services for next season - he looks very impressive and brings confidence to the custodian's role.

Spot on BSJ.  

Think Sam Day has benefitted from the suspension handed to ward.  Looks far better given the full 80 mins. 

Rochdale defence wasn’t good but was nice to see us throwing the ball around for once. Shows we can do it. 

Hope sykes ok. Looked a bit dodgy when they came onto the field at the end.  

17 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

As far as relegation goes it’s one from Swinton, Barrow & us now. Rochdale are definitely down. 

A win like that will obviously do wonders for the confidence. Important to keep a settled side now and build on it. 

UTR. 

Yes I think as a Swinton Lions fan Rochdale are down.To get the drubbing they got yesterday was for them a disaster.I think that both of us will stay up this season once again and if we play like we did against Toronto yesterday then I think we will get the key wins against Barrow(H)and Hornets(A)And Maybe we can turn over your dear neighbours the Doggies At our place.

As far as relegation goes it’s one from Swinton, Barrow & us now. Rochdale are definitely down. 

A win like that will obviously do wonders for the confidence. Important to keep a settled side now and build on it. 

UTR. 

Yes I think as a Swinton Lions fan Rochdale are down.To get the drubbing they got yesterday was for them a disaster.I think that both of us will stay up this season once again and if we play like we did against Toronto yesterday then I think we will get the key wins against Barrow(H)and Hornets(A)And Maybe we can turn over your dear neighbours the Doggies At our place.

UTR. 

7 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

Got it first time thanks??

Assuming we can win at Rochdale, then Barrow (H) is a big game, but it only takes a burst of good form, get a couple of wins and we are all in it. But yes, think Rochdale are relegated now. Losing by big scores to Barrow and now us suggests they might not win again this season.......except probably against us!

Well done to the team yesterday.The forwards eventually wore down the Hornets.Sam Day may be over did 

his mole like exploits,but he was trying for a hat trick. So off the club goes to Canada and all the costs involved.

Toronto have  a pitch with more lines on it than a spirograph( a kids toy from the 70's.)

The club gets compensated to some extent  for these fixtures,but some people in the game want to cut sponsorship

funding for clubs in both champs.

Best of luck to the club and fans next sat.

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

Well done to the team yesterday.The forwards eventually wore down the Hornets.Sam Day may be over did 

his mole like exploits,but he was trying for a hat trick. So off the club goes to Canada and all the costs involved.

Toronto have  a pitch with more lines on it than a spirograph( a kids toy from the 70's.)

The club gets compensated to some extent  for these fixtures,but some people in the game want to cut sponsorship

funding for clubs in both champs.

Best of luck to the club and fans next sat.

Toronto cover the travel and accommodation costs.

Playing them is irrelevant to central distribution decisions as they are not members of the RFL.

If we lose I don't think that it will be down to lines on the pitch, but I may be wrong.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It was great to see us put a big score on some team and, I suppose, it was likely to be Rochdale. I reckon it has been coming - hasn’t it?

Sam Day, again MoM, does seem to revel in the rôle of an eighty minute hooker; he nearly had four tries to his name.

All the forwards put in a fine display yesterday and, all in all, a great display, although I was surprised we didn’t score a long range try.

Finn’s goalkicking success was what we and he needed and must be a real fillip for him. 

i was disappointed to see how easily Rochdale scored their first try; some poor tackling there and surprised at the size attendance announced.

Next Saturday will be a massive test for us and I just hope we give a good account of ourselves.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

13 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

It was great to see us put a big score on some team and, I suppose, it was likely to be Rochdale. I reckon it has been coming - hasn’t it?

Sam Day, again MoM, does seem to revel in the rôle of an eighty minute hooker; he nearly had four tries to his name.

All the forwards put in a fine display yesterday and, all in all, a great display, although I was surprised we didn’t score a long range try.

Finn’s goalkicking success was what we and he needed and must be a real fillip for him. 

i was disappointed to see how easily Rochdale scored their first try; some poor tackling there and surprised at the size attendance announced.

Next Saturday will be a massive test for us and I just hope we give a good account of ourselves.

My thoughts after the match were :

How is Chris Annakin NOT a first choice in the Wakey team ? Better than Crowther or Bachelor for me. Was inspirational on Sunday, and led by example, and was a huge influence on the rest of the pack - if only we could tie him down for next season as a Rams player.

Can't believe how much difference an old bloke with dodgy knees can make, but we look a different side with him in - we really do need to start looking for Sykesy's successor though, he can't have many seasons left.

Sam Day is outstanding (if a bit greedy). Reminds me of Rob Burrow with his pace off the mark, and elusiveness. Burrow was transformed from good half back to hooker - wonder if it could work the other way round ? Reckon young Sam could do a job as half back cover.

Well done the Lads.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

My thoughts after the match were :

How is Chris Annakin NOT a first choice in the Wakey team ? Better than Crowther or Bachelor for me. Was inspirational on Sunday, and led by example, and was a huge influence on the rest of the pack - if only we could tie him down for next season as a Rams player.

Can't believe how much difference an old bloke with dodgy knees can make, but we look a different side with him in - we really do need to start looking for Sykesy's successor though, he can't have many seasons left.

Sam Day is outstanding (if a bit greedy). Reminds me of Rob Burrow with his pace off the mark, and elusiveness. Burrow was transformed from good half back to hooker - wonder if it could work the other way round ? Reckon young Sam could do a job as half back cover.

Well done the Lads.

If he could pass he would indeed make a great 6, but if you watch carefully passing aint his strongest asset..

Archived