The Play Offs 2019

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Clubs go into these play offs ranked 1 to 5 and keep that ranking throughout.

LTS,

Can you point me at where that is stated, since again I can't see it (not saying it's not there, just that I can't see that statement). Though I can see that it states when and where the teams placed 1-5 in the league start in the playoffs.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anybody still having problems this could clarify.

Week 1                                                Week 2                                                   Week 3                                         

ELIMINATION FINAL (EF)                1ST SEMI FINAL (1SF)                         PRELIMARY FINAL(PF)

4th v 5th                                              Loser of (QF) v Winner of (EF)            Loser of (2SF) v Winner of (1SF)                                            

QUALIFYING FINAL (QF)                  2ND SEMI FINAL (2SF)                       Week 4

2nd v 3rd                                             1ST v Winner of (QF)                           PLAY OFF FINAL    WINNER OF (2SF) v WINNER OF (PF)

Winner of Play off Final gets promoted. Hope that clears up any doubt that is remaining. It means that teams cold play each other twice in some cases.

Sorry (PF) on bottom left under 2nd v 3rd should be after winner of at end of week 4. 

Week 4 should read : PLAY OFF FINAL ;  WINNER OF (2SF) v WINNER OF (PF). My apologies the computer went onto the next page. 

39 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

For anybody still having problems this could clarify.

Week 1                                                Week 2                                                   Week 3                                         

ELIMINATION FINAL (EF)                1ST SEMI FINAL (1SF)                         PRELIMARY FINAL(PF)

4th v 5th                                              Loser of (QF) v Winner of (EF)            Loser of (2SF) v Winner of (1SF)                                            

QUALIFYING FINAL (QF)                  2ND SEMI FINAL (2SF)                       Week 4

2nd v 3rd                                             1ST v Winner of (QF)                           PLAY OFF FINAL    WINNER OF (2SF) v WINNER OF (PF)

Winner of Play off Final gets promoted. Hope that clears up any doubt that is remaining. It means that teams cold play each other twice in some cases.

Colin,

Go on then in week 3 for the PRELIMINARY FINAL(PF) who plays at home Loser of (2SF) or Winner of (1SF) ?

Since is is this that LTS and I are debating, we both agree on the question of who plays who in each week.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

3 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Colin,

Go on then in week 3 for the PRELIMINARY FINAL(PF) who plays at home Loser of (2SF) or Winner of (1SF) ?

Since is is this that LTS and I are debating, we both agree on the question of who plays who in each week.

As shown. Loser of 2nd semi final. Gives club in 1st Position at end of season a bit of leeway.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gareth hock said:

I couple of weeks ago I thought we were certainty’s for the top 5 at least now am not so sure today’s game is massive .

Dont worry - Look at Yorks run in fixtures compared to ours for example

That is the worst run in known to man 

We will be fine 

How many times have I said to myself that York will fade away. They have done their coach and club proud. Its Bradford we need to watching now with that Keyes back in the side they seem to be a different animal. Fev need to beat Leigh to keep them at bay cos next week is going to very tough.

11 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Dont worry - Look at Yorks run in fixtures compared to ours for example

That is the worst run in known to man 

We will be fine 

Amazing season at York , regardless of what happens now theve certainly shocked some of the supposed big boys this year.

When the going gets tough , enough said???

Not a huge amount between the top 7or 8 clubs in championship. Toronto are the best but not unbeatable that’s why you have to be on top of your game every week or you will get beaten. As I said a few weeks ago you just have to take one week at a time win your game and move forward to the next week and see where you end up.

2 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Us Knights fans are over the moon, we were hoping to avoid relegation for the first time, our 2 bad performances have both been against you, maybe it will be third time lucky, got to say your the best team ive seen this season.

I am definitely looking forward to a good session round York and you have definitely punched above your weight this season Fordie is a cracking young coach .

Just looked up the remaing fixtures and i think the top 5 positions will be tight.It is imperative if we cant beat Toronto next week we try  to maintain our points difference which is better than the Toronto chasing pack and only 8 behind Toulouse.This is how i think the final table will read.Toronto top Leigh 38 Toulouse ,Fev, and Bradford 36 then York on 34.a few points  clear of Eagles and Fax.But the Championship has thrown up some shocks this season so anything can happen.

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

League Express tonight reports that Championship clubs have a meeting this week and top of the agenda will be the issue of whether the final should be played at a neutral venue rather than the home of the top seed.

Oh the irony if it transpires that it would have been Fev hosting the final! ?

Why should an overseas team joining our league and not bothering with cup games because of travelling logistics think its OK to hold the final in Canada anyway should they get there. Whoever gets in the play off mix with them may have to travel there twice anyway not to mention maybe having to go to Toulouse. Super League have a Grand Final on neutral territory and for me Headingley should become the regular destination for our Grand finals. Its tough luck if it becomes a Toulouse v Toronto final. Surely it wont be too much for their fans to travel to a one off final.Many fans of this part time league go over to their place.

Archived