The Play Offs 2019

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Lets face it any Final played on one of the teams home ground is just not fair.

Winning the league and not getting automatically promoted is not fair either. The top team should get all the advantages they can because they have earnt it through the season.

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

My predictions of the finishing order is:

1 Toronto

2 Leigh

3 Fev

4 Toulouse 

5 Bradford

York look to have a really difficult set of fixtures to finish the season, whilst I have us losing 2 more matches. Very tight though.

so that's toronto plus one

which one?  could it be high flying york or toulouse  will it be heavy woolen misery will dewsbury get the double or running up the hill at the mount be our downfall swinton's have won a couple and  rochdale due a big win  so who are your favourites  to get the second win 

6 minutes ago, POR said:

which one?  could it be high flying york or toulouse  will it be heavy woolen misery will dewsbury get the double or running up the hill at the mount be our downfall swinton's have won a couple and  rochdale due a big win  so who are your favourites  to get the second win 

It could be any, given the shock losses we already have. I just think it’s likely Toronto plus one of the other matches.

18 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Lets face it any Final played on one of the teams home ground is just not fair.

POR it is then!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, POR said:

Do you actually believe that Rochdale are due a "big win"?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The issue with having the Grand Final in Toronto is the difficulty for away fans attending and then the disadvantage for their opponents in having to travel. Personally I’d have the final at Warrington, like he used to be when we kept losing in it.

18 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

My memory may be playing tricks on me but didn't Leeds win the Yorkshire Cup at Headingley.

Correct. That was a 'sponsorship' issue apparently, and was a big thing at the time. Leeds benefitting big time from the RFL's decision, who'd believe it?

The issue here is obviously the timing. There's definitely an argument to be had for having it at a neutral venue, but it shouldn't be decided three quarters of the way through the season.

Can you imagine the reaction if we were ten points clear at the top and suddenly it was announced there was going to be a meeting to decide if the top seed should host the final? We'd be swamped with threads about the "corrupt RFL blatantly not wanting Fev in SL" etc.

57 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Correct. That was a 'sponsorship' issue apparently, and was a big thing at the time. Leeds benefitting big time from the RFL's decision, who'd believe it?

Esso sponsored the Yorkshire Cup at the time and insisted on the Final being at Headingley. I think Leeds won twice whilst  this was the case, one of them was against us. I  think we lost 16 - 12.

On 10/06/2019 at 17:36, The Grinder said:

LTS,

Can you point me at where that is stated, since again I can't see it (not saying it's not there, just that I can't see that statement). Though I can see that it states when and where the teams placed 1-5 in the league start in the playoffs.

Confirmed that ranking = final league position here https://www.totalrl.com/championship-grand-final-to-be-held-at-highest-placed-side-as-rfl-clarify-position/ 

• 2 months later...

Archived