Is this the start of youth Grassroots in Canada

8 hours ago, Mr Wind Up said:

I bet you anything they’d wipe the floor with Ireland in baseball, gridiron, basketball and of course hockey. It’s unfair to say Canada suck at British sports when they focus on North American sports. 

Hockey would be a good game. Canada are ranked 10th whilst ireland are 11th.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Parksider said:

You appear Moove to be almost "Mooving" into the ugly arenas of hippocracy and censorship. 

That's an interesting observation given that I haven't actually commented with my opinion on the topic at hand. Feel free to elaborate on which element you believe I'm being hippocritical about or where I'm trying to censor.

It's telling though that you chose not to quote the subsequent sentence of my post which challenged the point you outright lied about in your post. No problem at all with you having a view which is different to others, but I do have a problem when you make things up.

1 hour ago, North but south said:

Hockey would be a good game. Canada are ranked 10th whilst ireland are 11th.

I think we could beat Ireland in hockey...it might be close but I'm willing to put money on it and am currently giving out odds of 10000000 to 1.

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I think we could beat Ireland in hockey...it might be close but I'm willing to put money on it and am currently giving out odds of 10000000 to 1.

You do realise he means ' Hockey ' , not ' Ice Hockey ' ?

17 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You do realise he means ' Hockey ' , not ' Ice Hockey ' ?

The word 'hockey' means defacto 'ice hockey'...if he had meant 'field hockey' he would have said so....my odds stand!  You taking me up on it Gubrats.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

The word 'hockey' means defacto 'ice hockey'...if he had meant 'field hockey' he would have said so....my odds stand!  You taking me up on it Gubrats.

In Canada maybe, but not in the UK/Ireland.

11 hours ago, Mr Wind Up said:

The reason why Canada isn’t great at cricket, football, rugby is because these are not traditional sports there that are followed very much at all. 

But I bet you anything they’d wipe the floor with Ireland in baseball, gridiron, basketball and of course hockey. It’s unfair to say Canada suck at British sports when they focus on North American sports. 

How did the Canucks get on at the 2019 Ice Hockey World Championships?

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Whatever you ' Wildlings ' want to call it , to the rest of the civilised world it's ' Hockey ' , played on grass of one description or another , or ' ice hockey ' were the players wear skates , end of 

27 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Clubs yes, place yes, Toronto would do the same as Hull Kr and Leigh did that's not really controversial.

That players from the places of Leigh and East Hull may be developed by other clubs isnt really relevant 

Argument long done ,not doing it again 

18 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

How did the Canucks get on at the 2019 Ice Hockey World Championships?

The only game that really mattered was played last night DP...you are dipping your toes into waters that you don't know about....its all about the Stanley Cup and who hoists it....Congrats to St. Louis on their first championship after many, many years in the wilderness.

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

The only game that really mattered was played last night DP...you are dipping your toes into waters that you don't know about....its all about the Stanley Cup and who hoists it....Congrats to St. Louis on their first championship after many, many years in the wilderness.

What's the Stanley cup ?

18 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

The sporting world does not revolve around the UK/Ireland; not even close.

I never said it did. It however doesn't revolve around Canada either and your assertion that The word 'hockey' means defacto 'ice hockey'. is blatantly incorrect and especially so on a UK based website.

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

I never said it did. It however doesn't revolve around Canada either and your assertion that The word 'hockey' means defacto 'ice hockey'. is blatantly incorrect and especially so on a UK based website.

Are you a Bruins fan?   Just because the puck has been iced doesn't mean I get 2 in the box!  I'm feeling awful Blue today.

50 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Are you a Bruins fan?   Just because the puck has been iced doesn't mean I get 2 in the box!  I'm feeling awful Blue today.

Who are the Bruins ? , Are they in Game Of Thrones ?

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Answer the question Kman. How did the Canucks do?

rldfsignature.jpg

47 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Answer the question Kman. How did the Canucks do?

How would I know?...no one over here really follows that DP...international hockey is really not that important unless it is the Olympics....NHL is what is followed.

Its akin to  asking, "Who won the international world series in baseball last year....?"  Even people that follow baseball don't know...its all about the major leagues.

Thats the way it is DP.

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

How would I know?...no one over here really follows that DP...international hockey is really not that important unless it is the Olympics....NHL is what is followed.

Its akin to  asking, "Who won the international world series in baseball last year....?"  Even people that follow baseball don't know...its all about the major leagues.

Thats the way it is DP.

How very insular 

4 minutes ago, Keith989 said:

You should ask when was the last time a Canadian franchise won the Stanley cup. The answer is shocking.

Its been a long time..a long, long time.   The Leafs almost did it this year....for sure the Leafs will win it next year!

.The last time?....when was it that Robin Hood was running around Sherwood Forest in tights??

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Its been a long time..a long, long time.   The Leafs almost did it this year....for sure the Leafs will win it next year!

.The last tie?....when was it that Robin Hood was running around Sherwood Forest in tights??

I hope the leafs do it soon, Toronto is such a great city and boy do they love their hockey.

2 minutes ago, Keith989 said:

I hope the leafs do it soon, Toronto is such a great city and boy do they love their hockey.

Next year for sure if they make the right signings.

Archived