BBC website

Has anyone’s else’s desktop site updated and it now no longer shows rugby league as one of the shortcut options at the top of the sport page? 

I’ve known this when I’ve been abroad before but this is now the case at home upon their new look

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Has anyone’s else’s desktop site updated and it now no longer shows rugby league as one of the shortcut options at the top of the sport page? 

I’ve known this when I’ve been abroad before but this is now the case at home upon their new look

Nope

Screenshot 2019-06-08 at 08.33.24.png

12 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

It disappears when you leave the UK. Happen to be on holiday somewhere?

11 minutes ago, philipw said:

Nope

Screenshot 2019-06-08 at 08.33.24.png

I don’t even get that. The yellow banner above the main article goes to the top of the page and there’s a link to a list of all sports at the bottom of the page. It’s the same for the website or the app. I’m not abroad either.

FCBCB87D-4B4B-4142-BE80-1D97048A8A76.png

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Has anyone’s else’s desktop site updated and it now no longer shows rugby league as one of the shortcut options

Er ....no!

bbe_LI.jpg.37284c50cd6bb275d9989a6c81937b54.jpg

Have you said something to upset Aunty, you monkey?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

9 hours ago, Moove said:

Hadn't realised the internet had reached Leeds yet. Only just got running water and electricity haven't you? ?

They still have that little man with a long stick turning off the gasights in the morning.   In Wigan he doubles up to tap on the window to wake up the pit brow lasses. 

23 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I seem to remember raising this with the BBC before.  Their answer was that it depends on interest - these being clicks - which then means we fall off the page.  Can’t be arrissed to check or follow whether that’s true or not but it seems Cricket, Athletics and Cycling always remain.

Not sure we have to take this to heart or not.  I go to Reuters for my news and Sky/Newsnow for Sport.  I know many use Twitter.  

58 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I seem to remember raising this with the BBC before.  Their answer was that it depends on interest - these being clicks - which then means we fall off the page.  Can’t be arrissed to check or follow whether that’s true or not but it seems Cricket, Athletics and Cycling always remain.

Not sure we have to take this to heart or not.  I go to Reuters for my news and Sky/Newsnow for Sport.  I know many use Twitter.  

I'm positively certain cricket gets more clicks on the BBC than RL so don't think there's any conspiracy there. The other two, only the BBC knows. Either way, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's more to it than clicks alone. Companies give clubs tens of millions of dollars in sponsorship based one guy knowing another guy. Wouldn't put it past the BBC to relegate RL based on the whim of some decision-maker brought up on RU. 

If the BBC was a wholly commercial entity, I'd buy the click story. Considering it gets everyone's money one way or the other, they can pay lip service while undermining the sport time and again.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

So why does RL show on one device but not another? Can they tailor the number of clicks to an individual?

rldfsignature.jpg

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

So why does RL show on one device but not another? Can they tailor the number of clicks to an individual?

Don’t know the answer to your question.  

What I do know, is they answered mine when I had a similar query, as i found RL missing from the top of the page links.  Must’ve been a year ago maybe, and like I said, I rarely go on that website now.

send the BBC an email, they might tell you.

3 hours ago, Mr Wind Up said:

I'm positively certain cricket gets more clicks on the BBC than RL so don't think there's any conspiracy there. The other two, only the BBC knows. Either way, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's more to it than clicks alone. Companies give clubs tens of millions of dollars in sponsorship based one guy knowing another guy. Wouldn't put it past the BBC to relegate RL based on the whim of some decision-maker brought up on RU. 

If the BBC was a wholly commercial entity, I'd buy the click story. Considering it gets everyone's money one way or the other, they can pay lip service while undermining the sport time and again.

I wasn’t suggesting conspiracy or trying to condone the click story, as we all know how the game is treat but yes, I agree with the lip service.

• 2 weeks later...

The BBC Rugby League site gets some stick on here, some of it warranted and some of it a little harsh.

Today they have the result of the New Zealand vs. Tonga test match but not the Fiji vs. Lebanon or Samoa vs. PNG games.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 hours ago, Dunbar said:

The BBC Rugby League site gets some stick on here, some of it warranted and some of it a little harsh.

Today they have the result of the New Zealand vs. Tonga test match but not the Fiji vs. Lebanon or Samoa vs. PNG games.

What am I to make of that Herr Dunbar?

rldfsignature.jpg

7 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

What am I to make of that Herr Dunbar?

I don't know.

Personally, I would prefer that if they show the result of one intentional game then they should show them all.

Maybe we should just be happy with one rather than none.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I don't know.

Personally, I would prefer that if they show the result of one intentional game then they should show them all.

Maybe we should just be happy with one rather than none.

Would they do the same for certain other sports?

rldfsignature.jpg

On 08/06/2019 at 20:43, Cheshire Setter said:

Have you purchased a VPN for security? Might be proxy-ing you on a overseas server.   RL is ignored on the overseas webpage titles bar.

or using the companies VPN maybe... even if using it in the UK...

Would have thought it was a location issue... I have no problems except when I use companies VPN, which is outside the UK...

16 hours ago, redjonn said:

or using the companies VPN maybe... even if using it in the UK...

Would have thought it was a location issue... I have no problems except when I use companies VPN, which is outside the UK...

Definitely a VPN / location issue. You can see this because the site is defaulting to bbc.com rather than bbc.co.uk. Anyone typing bbc.com from the UK should be redirected to bbc.co.uk which contains the RL menu link.

Archived