BBC website

I've seen this asked on here before. Here is the answer I gave then.

Go through the rigmarole (all sports, scroll down, click on rugby league). Then bookmark the page onto your bookmarks bar. Job done.

Thereafter, just click on the bookmark. It's worked for me for at least ten years in Greece. Try it. It's easy.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed the BBC coverage of the semi finals.

If people dont view the RL pages on the BBC Sport web site,the coverage will be lost.A brief comment when they have articles would really help. If articles dont get a public reaction,they simply wont publish RL comments/stories. Then ofcourse,people will complain the BBC dont publish RL related articles !

• 2 weeks later...

So i've again had the issue with my BBC homepage and sports page on my desktop, and googled how to get it back..............I came across this page which suggests the BBC are doing away with the .co.uk site and everything will be international, which means Rugby League will no longer be a headline sport on the sports page..........................very annoying

http://www.bbc.co.uk/faqs/online/website-change

3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

So i've again had the issue with my BBC homepage and sports page on my desktop, and googled how to get it back..............I came across this page which suggests the BBC are doing away with the .co.uk site and everything will be international, which means Rugby League will no longer be a headline sport on the sports page..........................very annoying

Where in that does it say everything will be the current international format? It'll eventually redirect to .com but it's fairly straightforward to alter the content based on location from the same site. They'll have to do that with their streaming media content anyway.

1 minute ago, Moove said:

Where in that does it say everything will be the current international format? It'll eventually redirect to .com but it's fairly straightforward to alter the content based on location from the same site. They'll have to do that with their streaming media content anyway.

Well i'm hoping it will give you the option to alter the content based on location but it isn't for me at present

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Well i'm hoping it will give you the option to alter the content based on location but it isn't for me at present

It's perhaps more likely the website will just automatically show different things based on your location when they switch over to the updated .com sites. Fingers crossed anyway

There was an article on Danny McGuire and his late drop goal,which was available for comment. I believe it attracted around 15 comments. It wouldn't surprise me if the BBC drop rugby league in view of the few comments most articles receive,as opposed to other sports. No doubt you will all say how disgraceful their decision is. Use it or lose it.

1 hour ago, cookey said:

There was an article on Danny McGuire and his late drop goal,which was available for comment. I believe it attracted around 15 comments. It wouldn't surprise me if the BBC drop rugby league in view of the few comments most articles receive,as opposed to other sports. No doubt you will all say how disgraceful their decision is. Use it or lose it.

I have added a decent number of comments on the BBC website RL stories (a different user name) and it is obvious that there are far fewer articles opened for comments and then fewer comments offered for these.

A quick audit of the banner sports for the BBC site as a snapshot.

Football - 7 articles opened for comment and an average of 444 comments per article

F1 - 9 articles opened for comment and an average of 421 comments per article

Union - 4 articles opened for comment and an average of 162 comments per article

Cricket - 7 articles opened for comment and an average of 375 comments per article

Tennis - 1 article opened for comment with 74 comments

Golf - 3 articles opened for comment and an average of 164 comments per article

Athletics - 4 articles opened for comment and an average of 53 comments per article

and

Rugby League - 1 article opened for comment with 26 comments

Of course comments and contribution is one factor the BBC will look at with the other key ones being page views, articles read and length of stay on each article but I think there is a real danger of Rugby League being demoted from the banner list of sports (it already is if you access the page from an overseas location).

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Why does it mean that?

On 08/06/2019 at 09:24, Moove said:

Hadn't realised the internet had reached Leeds yet. Only just got running water and electricity haven't you? ?

Plus cars. I've been using a horse and cart for the last 50 years.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cookey said:

On the BBC rugby league site,you can leave your comments as to why people should watch tomorrows final on BBC. The more responses/comments the better.

only around 60 likes on the FB article of this link & one comment about it being an M62 sport & no one cares outside the North. C'mon peoples on FB get liking & commenting!

Another oppourtunity to post comments on yesterdays final via Ged Scotts review of the game on the BBC rl site. Seems to be alot of people who claim not to enjoy rl,watched the game and know all about it.Very strange. Also some guuy in Australia who dispises rl,yet seems to spend his time viewing comments on here and the BBC's rl pages.

15 hours ago, cookey said:

Another oppourtunity to post comments on yesterdays final via Ged Scotts review of the game on the BBC rl site. Seems to be alot of people who claim not to enjoy rl,watched the game and know all about it.Very strange. Also some guuy in Australia who dispises rl,yet seems to spend his time viewing comments on here and the BBC's rl pages.

Yep some real saddos on the BBC HYS page. 

More reasons why most RL fans dont go on and post comments. 

Think that Aussie bloke is just a bit dim and maybe not a full shilling, seems to now claim he lives in Leeds, London and Sydney and played professional Soccer somewhere ?. Real chip on his shoulders- sooner the BBC ban him the better as he hates RL but spends an amazing amount of time watching games.

Hope the BBC treat the Ashes with the respect it deserves this Autum - not sure when the RU WC starts or ends but the London press will be all over it for some reason.

8 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yep some real saddos on the BBC HYS page. 

More reasons why most RL fans dont go on and post comments. 

Think that Aussie bloke is just a bit dim and maybe not a full shilling, seems to now claim he lives in Leeds, London and Sydney and played professional Soccer somewhere ?. Real chip on his shoulders- sooner the BBC ban him the better as he hates RL but spends an amazing amount of time watching games.

Hope the BBC treat the Ashes with the respect it deserves this Autum - not sure when the RU WC starts or ends but the London press will be all over it for some reason.

Yes,one of numerous keyboard warriors who live alone and their only way of communicating with the outside world is to try and cause offence.

Still,he's actually helped out,as most of his posts get blocked by the BBC but the total number of posts is now over 200.I'm sure someone on here will know more about him as it appears he has been blocked from other rl sites.It appears he comes on here but doesn't post,as he makes referance to this site in his BBC postings.

He has posted on several newspaper forums. Gets blocked and then comes back several times with other user names. Quite obviously the same poster but somehow his/her posts make the papers before being removed.As you say, a sad ,sad, person with nothing better to do.However we do have a few on the R L. E. express forums who are hell bent on posting garbage  professing to know "for a fact" but actually know nothing of the sort.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cookey said:

Well done,the more that people view and comment(when given the oppourtunity) the BBC rugby league pages the better.No good criticising the BBC if the pages are removed for lack of interest.

In order to make sure I go once a week, sometimes daily and have signed on to My Sport and only put RL links on there even a Saints one and I hate them! And I have the Beeb as an app on my homepage.

Mind you if we support our sport and the beeb notice what the hell are we going to moan about?

Marvin.gif.fd627638be51d97b80bb6f65627eb350.gif

931350058_Marvin2.gif.bcb199019b35ece98fc2540fa4209509.gif

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Every time a new season starts with a sport shown on BBC they get a new opening titles sequence, Rugby League has had the same sequence for quite a few years now, and I bet for our Internationals, it will be exactly the same sequences, with colour changes. Don't we deserve a new opening sequence?

Archived