BBC website

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBc's coverage seems to have substantially increased in recent times,perhaps due to relegation.

Two more storiesavailable for comment,including last nights Wigan game and tonights relegation battle.Also story on players leaving Catalans.The more looks,clicks,comments the better.

Seems our regular troll,Vichy,is having most of his posts barred on the BBC's rl pages.He's now desperately trying to appear more reasonable,in order to get something posted. Strange,he reads these posts/threads but is too scared to post anything as it would reveal his identity and lead to him being banned.

On 09/09/2019 at 16:16, Bleep1673 said:

Every time a new season starts with a sport shown on BBC they get a new opening titles sequence, Rugby League has had the same sequence for quite a few years now, and I bet for our Internationals, it will be exactly the same sequences, with colour changes. Don't we deserve a new opening sequence?

NFL has the exact same opening sequence as last year.. just noticed, never really bothers me to be honest

• 3 weeks later...

Our friend Vichy still trying to troll on the BBC rl site. It seems he spends his time,watching rl,then trying to criticise the game but having his trolls deleted by the BBC. The more people complain about him,the more likely we are to get him excluded.Already,all his posts are monitored.

8 minutes ago, cookey said:

Vichy is in great form on the BBC rl comments pages. If you could let me have your address,I'll send you a christmas card.Sadly,that will be one more than you normally get,your postman might stop feeling sorry for you.

He calls himself Vichy ?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 26/08/2019 at 07:41, cookey said:

Yes,one of numerous keyboard warriors who live alone and their only way of communicating with the outside world is to try and cause offence.

Still,he's actually helped out,as most of his posts get blocked by the BBC but the total number of posts is now over 200.I'm sure someone on here will know more about him as it appears he has been blocked from other rl sites.It appears he comes on here but doesn't post,as he makes referance to this site in his BBC postings.

its probably parky.

They've now arrived, full of negativity.

You can usually tell whether someone is against this kind of expansion, but cares about the game and is able to argue their viewpoint, and the people here who are simply anti-RL, perhaps also fearful of RL's potential

10 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Nothing on BBC news - Sport bit about Man of Steel..... What a surprise

image.png

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Nothing on BBC news - Sport bit about Man of Steel..... What a surprise

Wrong as usual,plenty on the BBC rl site. Posted well before your comment,so quite what you are trying to achieve I dont know.Actually,the BBC rl pages have been very active over the past fortnight.

1 hour ago, cookey said:

Wrong as usual,plenty on the BBC rl site. Posted well before your comment,so quite what you are trying to achieve I dont know.Actually,the BBC rl pages have been very active over the past fortnight.

What are you babbling on about - (Wrong as Usual??)

I said BBC news - as in the TV sport section of the evening news. I didnt think it was worth starting a new topic on BBC TV when there was already one on the online content.

So as usual you are talking gibberish ?? marra!

Just complained to the BBC about a post on the rugby league section of its website referring to rugby league followers as 'Mungoballers'. No action required, moderators have decided. What does that tell you about the BBC? Maybe nothing we don't know already...

EDIT: having queried the BBC's decision (and indicated I'd make a formal complaint), I've just received the following: Further to your complaint about some of the content on a BBC web site (reference number P39554155), we have decided that it does indeed contravene the House Rules and have removed the offending material. Thank you for pointing this out to us.

4 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Just complained to the BBC about a post on the rugby league section of its website referring to rugby league followers as 'Mungoballers'. No action required, moderators have decided. What does that tell you about the BBC? Maybe nothing we don't know already...

EDIT: having queried the BBC's decision (and indicated I'd make a formal complaint), I've just received the following: Further to your complaint about some of the content on a BBC web site (reference number P39554155), we have decided that it does indeed contravene the House Rules and have removed the offending material. Thank you for pointing this out to us.

Well 2 things.  I've never heard it before and presumably it's derogatory of RL fans and players... usually from RU fans(?)

2nd... What a load of typical ape####  from the BBC.  I am furious.   Well done for complaining and threatening a formal complaint.  The BBC is openly slanted in in the way it pushes its own different agendas.

... In my humble opinion.

7 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Why are you so offended by the term “mungoballers”? I have never seen or heard the term before, what does it even mean? 

44 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Why are you so offended by the term “mungoballers”? I have never seen or heard the term before, what does it even mean? 

Something I learned from my Australian sister-in-law, who hails from Brisbane (and prefers rugby union). Similar to Bogan, it was used, in the BBC HYS post, by an individual who appears to be based in Australia. Mungo was/is low grade cloth. Maybe comes from that.

Was told by an Aussie that 'mungoballers' is a derogatory term for rugby league players/supporters used by union supporters in Australia.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

14 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Just read some of the comments about TWP ...oh gawd with friends like these...

Yes, I browsed through those comments yesterday.

Pretty depressing all round really.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

39 minutes ago, Exiled Townie said:

Was told by an Aussie that 'mungoballers' is a derogatory term for rugby league players/supporters used by union supporters in Australia.

I've been aware of RL players and fans being called "Mungoes" by Australian RU windbags for years. Thankfully, the latter are getting thinner on the ground every year as they die off, either from boredom or decrepitude.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived