Toronto Wolfpack fold....?

What are you trying to achieve with this thread? The questions you've asked are either subjective or obvious.

I think it's quite clear you're just wanting to spread fear, rumor and panic and attract others to this thread with a hope of them wanting or feeling they could go to the wall to give you some kind of sense of "told you so."

Save this rubbish for Facebook. I come on this forum to avoid all this overly negative rubbish.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

What are you trying to achieve with this thread? The questions you've asked are either subjective or obvious.

I think it's quite clear you're just wanting to spread fear, rumor and panic and attract others to this thread with a hope of them wanting or feeling they could go to the wall to give you some kind of sense of "told you so."

Save this rubbish for Facebook. I come on this forum to avoid all this overly negative rubbish.

I genuinely believe Toronto could be in real trouble. The Wolfpack is essentially a start-up business and their founder/owner has quit after three years of trading (or thereabouts).

So the thread and post follow from that. What would we lose?

6 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Hang on a minute Wellsy ? , You're an FC fan , don't come on here if you don't want ' negativity ' ?

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

I genuinely believe Toronto could be in real trouble. The Wolfpack is essentially a start-up business and their founder/owner has quit after three years of trading (or thereabouts).

They'll be fine 

17 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I come on this forum to avoid all this overly negative rubbish.

What a piece of magic and coincincidentally that's why I come here too.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Ottawa coming in pretty much guarantees the WP aren't going anywhere. As Perez indicated any one of the bunch he has putting money into Ottawa RL could fund it on their own and if DA pulled out I'm sure he would have somebody lined up. After all he also stated he has interest from investors in Montreal and even Vancouver all keen to see RL grow in this country/NA. So all you MoK/PSiders etc can stop rubbing your grubby little hands in glee, the genie is out of the bottle and nothing is going to put it back.

2 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Ottawa coming in pretty much guarantees the WP aren't going anywhere. As Perez indicated any one of the bunch he has putting money into Ottawa RL could fund it on their own and if DA pulled out I'm sure he would have somebody lined up. After all he also stated he has interest from investors in Montreal and even Vancouver all keen to see RL grow in this country/NA. So all you MoK/PSiders etc can stop rubbing your grubby little hands in glee, the genie is out of the bottle and nothing is going to put it back.

For the record, I’ve stated repeatedly that I want to see Toronto give it a lash in Super League.

I may harbour doubts about their long-term viability and question certain things, but that doesn’t mean I want them to fail.

Certain posters only want to see everything in black and white, and not shades of grey!

31 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

He's not quit. He's returned to the same role he had for the first year or so. 

We'd lose pointless threads like this. 

The absolute worst thing and very feasible possibility that could happen is that they switch to RU, or that RU picks up the pieces for free as they did with Paris Saint Germain (which benefitted both Racing Club Paris and Stade Francais).

This is why I cannot understand the animosity towards Toronto

The entire thread is a trolling exercise 

Argyle is going nowhere 

he has made all the right moves and will continue to do so because away from rugby this man operates in a world where reputation counts for millions of dollars 

according to those who work with him for him and around him he is anything but a racist and given Toronto is one of the most diverse cities on earth that’s a decent recommendation go look on Twitter 

he has reflected on what he said and come to what he believes to be the right decision

jose spoke to him and has stated clearly Argyle is not a racist but has something to learn from all this I doubt the lad would have thought Argyle would do what he has done either in resigning but there you go

argyle has piled millions into our sport and taken absolutely nothing out of it other than the real pleasure he has shown simply being at a rugby match and even more so by all accounts when he sees his ambition moving forward with more schools than ever playing rugby regardless of the code 

oh! And the endless trope that negative and seemingly jealous trolls post on forums like this and spout at matches Ill informed ignorant and likely simply made up opinion pieces that without the internet wouldnt have any air time at all and frankly deserve to be binned off

argyle is a committed man in his business dealings and I would suggest committed to rugby in Canada through his organisation. He is still the owner and will still take pleasure from his investment albeit out of the limelight which frankly again is very very sad as stupid as he has been

i find it difficult to believe anyone would think Argyle would simply up sticks and walk away after the level of investment already. He was wrong to make the comments he did, he has sought out the player involved, apologised, and on reflection resigned his frontline roll because it has impacted on his organisation negatively. It was the right thing to do.

if you want to ask him yourself or perhaps ask whether he is walking away and in doing so use the same trolling techniques you have done so here he has openly given his email address for you to support/lambast/criticise whatever you want to do and has promised to reply

see his statement and offer on Twitter 

stop picking on the man, front up and show some balls and  email him. Post the email and the reply. That would be worth reading.

Jose and Swinton are both happy with the outcome and the matter is with the rfl. Argyle has lost a position he previously and quite obviously enjoyed enormously to the point of obsession. There really isn’t any other punishment that would hurt him more.

i hope he is supported through this and that our sport which has a history of taking miscreants and turning them around can yet again have a successful redemption story that includes all involved and that this lesson is both heeded and learned.

It’s odd this bloke can create what he has in a city with no league history where teams in the so called heartlands  can’t with tied in communities and a hundred years start

i for one would like his vision to succeed and I believe he will do everything to make sure it does, even more so now. Sadly for him he won’t be in the lens. Shame Perez moved on. I hope whoever takes the role has half of the enthusiasm this man has for rugby league.

so again, email him, ask him yourself, troll him, post the answers. Go on, it’s only an email, it’s not like you have to actually be in the same room as him now is it?

28 minutes ago, Lobbygobbler said:

The absolute worst thing and very feasible possibility that could happen is that they switch to RU, or that RU picks up the pieces for free as they did with Paris Saint Germain (which benefitted both Racing Club Paris and Stade Francais).

This is why I cannot understand the animosity towards Toronto

This is why I’m uneasy that he never mentions the name of our sport.

Man of Kent, you have been very transparent in that you've hated the Wolfpack from the start.  You obsess over the crowd figures, when it is obvious to anyone watching that they p****d all over every other club's attendance in league 1 and continue to comfortably have the biggest attendance in the Championship.  Yet not once do you question the dodgy attendance claims of other teams.  You jump on this unfortunate Argyle stepping down business with obvious relish, as I say, so transparent.  To answer your question, what does RL lose IF the Wolfpack disappear, and, sorry to disappoint you, but that's a big if.  Well, the sport will cave in yet further to RU and other sports and recede into become more and more insular, and will lose one of the shining beacons of hope in recent times, decent crowds in a big city in new territory.  Be careful what you wish for, the future COULD become very bleak indeed for our sport with negative views towards spreading it, such as are held by yourself.

One of the members on here no doubt thinks this will hasten his dream that Argyle will turn his attention and investment to Skolars, seeing the ethnicity of their playing staff and surrounding district that would go down well?

4 minutes ago, Jampot said:

Man of Kent, you have been very transparent in that you've hated the Wolfpack from the start.  You obsess over the crowd figures, when it is obvious to anyone watching that they p****d all over every other clubs attendance in league 1 and continue to comfortably have the biggest attendance in the Championship.  Yet not once do you question the dodgy attendance claims of other teams.  You jump on this unfortunate Argyle stepping down business with obvious relish, as I say, so transparent.  To answer your question, what does RL lose IF the Wolfpack disappear, and, sorry to disappoint you, but that's a big if.  Well, the sport will cave in yet further to RU and other sports and recede into become more and more insular with the POSSIBLE ultimate future of becoming utterly irrelevant, and will lose one of the shining beacons of hope in recent times, decent crowds in a big city in new territory.

Sorry, not true. I have questioned London Bronco’s crowd figures too. They must have counted arms for some games I’ve been to this season.

Anyway, thanks for answering my question. Sad state of affairs if the entire future of the sport really does rest on one, pretty random club in Canada.

8 hours ago, Damien said:

In short we would lose an awful lot, and potentially a damn site more going forward if the Wolfpack and wider game in Canada even comes close to reaching the potential shown. That should be pretty obvious to anyone without an agenda. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Well your the one with the north american "Agenda" which you tireless wave in everyone's faces. As for the "potential shown" TWP came along shouting about how they would produce players and bring new TV deals to the table, so for once in your life look up that 2016 Woods/Perez interview up and tell me how many TV $$$ and how many players they have added?

No, don't bother as I know you will duck it like you and the other dreamers have done for nearly 3 years. Fact is TWP sacked their North American players and actually pay money to get themselves on TV. So where is the potential? Are you making it up?

Perez pretends he's moved on to Ottawa after building the "great success" of, as Superleague bosses say "Putting relegated teams from here in North American jerseys" so how far do you want that to go?? Perez wanted six English SL clubs to make way for these dreamed up clubs as the price for obtaining a NA TV contract (which the clown should have known would kill the SKY deal), and yet your people tell me that as nobody in NA has heard of places like Warrington, St.Helens, Hull, Wigan or Castleford even those English clubs left will have to go. Face it man it's all phoney baloney big talk which when challenged nobody in your "focus group" can defend logically, only shout insults or press ignore buttons.  

Another laughable angle is TWP beer and TWP cannabis oil. Peddling this rubbish has led to people swooning at how brilliant the TWP business model is "multiple income streams". Wake up and smell the coffee the costs of staging  transatlantic games  are Massive with all the flights, accommodation, catering, etc and the lack of income with wedges of free tickets letting fans in for nowt. If Argyle hadn't been a $Billionaire and  had taken out a bank loan to start TWP as a business he would be bankrupt and destitute living in a tent with Kayakman.

Jason Moore of Moore sports was sent to North America to promote the World cup and he called the phoney baloney TWP out. The reaction to the RL World cup was tepid and fell at the first hurdle with "Moore" losses. Can you not grasp that the real life attempt to get Rugby league going in North America was a massive financial failure as is TWP without Argylles $$$Billions.

As for Argyles 25% stake in Skolars, Perez leaving TWP and now this incident in which Argyle seems to be standing down from actively running his club or being it's public face, it's anyone's guess what is going on. Add to that negative comments from SL bosses about the American dream and the whole thing is a pathetic mess/farce.  Yet you and your ilk think it's the future

It's actually you Damian that has an "Agenda" to peddle your dream that RL will spread all over the globe. Good luck to you and 19 mates on here with that whilst 100,000 RL fans here and in France continue to support their clubs and their game as it is warts and all. 

29 minutes ago, The Parksider said:

Well your the one with the north american "Agenda" which you tireless wave in everyone's faces. As for the "potential shown" TWP came along shouting about how they would produce players and bring new TV deals to the table, so for once in your life look up that 2016 Woods/Perez interview up and tell me how many TV $$$ and how many players they have added?

No, don't bother as I know you will duck it like you and the other dreamers have done for nearly 3 years. Fact is TWP sacked their North American players and actually pay money to get themselves on TV. So where is the potential? Are you making it up?

Perez pretends he's moved on to Ottawa after building the "great success" of, as Superleague bosses say "Putting relegated teams from here in North American jerseys" so how far do you want that to go?? Perez wanted six English SL clubs to make way for these dreamed up clubs as the price for obtaining a NA TV contract (which the clown should have known would kill the SKY deal), and yet your people tell me that as nobody in NA has heard of places like Warrington, St.Helens, Hull, Wigan or Castleford even those English clubs left will have to go. Face it man it's all phoney baloney big talk which when challenged nobody in your "focus group" can defend logically, only shout insults or press ignore buttons.  

Another laughable angle is TWP beer and TWP cannabis oil. Peddling this rubbish has led to people swooning at how brilliant the TWP business model is "multiple income streams". Wake up and smell the coffee the costs of staging  transatlantic games  are Massive with all the flights, accommodation, catering, etc and the lack of income with wedges of free tickets letting fans in for nowt. If Argyle hadn't been a $Billionaire and  had taken out a bank loan to start TWP as a business he would be bankrupt and destitute living in a tent with Kayakman.

Jason Moore of Moore sports was sent to North America to promote the World cup and he called the phoney baloney TWP out. The reaction to the RL World cup was tepid and fell at the first hurdle with "Moore" losses. Can you not grasp that the real life attempt to get Rugby league going in North America was a massive financial failure as is TWP without Argylles $$$Billions.

As for Argyles 25% stake in Skolars, Perez leaving TWP and now this incident in which Argyle seems to be standing down from actively running his club or being it's public face, it's anyone's guess what is going on. Add to that negative comments from SL bosses about the American dream and the whole thing is a pathetic mess/farce.  Yet you and your ilk think it's the future

It's actually you Damian that has an "Agenda" to peddle your dream that RL will spread all over the globe. Good luck to you and 19 mates on here with that whilst 100,000 RL fans here and in France continue to support their clubs and their game as it is warts and all. 

The usual, insular inward-looking non-actual-fact-based bitter BS type post from this person who's been dragged up from his ancient grave.  Sorry if I'm breaking forum rules of insulting, but it needs to be said.  This type of moron is killing the sport dead in the water.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

creating the opportunity to have a go at Toronto in some way

John the thread could be about the Hornets kit man and the people that way inclined would bring up expansion, Perez and TWP.

I see from quotes Mr Angry has moved up a level and been promoted  to Mr Bitter and Twisted, it's always nice to see one of our lads doing well for himself!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

7 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Sorry, not true. I have questioned London Bronco’s crowd figures too. They must have counted arms for some games I’ve been to this season.

Anyway, thanks for answering my question. Sad state of affairs if the entire future of the sport really does rest on one, pretty random club in Canada.

Fair enough re Broncos comments, just  hadnt seen those posts. Unfortunately with the general crowd levels it is a bit of a sad state of affairs I think, and it is important to grasp what opportunities arise to turn that round. I've seen many wolfpack games and the crowds are decent and crowing.  If they reach super league i see no reason why they wont grow more. They already pull in many more punters than some clubs that are in superleague. Surely losing this would be a blow?

Archived