R.I.P. CEO

krakauer

I think the club needs to take a big bold step now..appointing Brian Noble as CEO would do that thus becoming the well respected public face of the team. That is what is needed to reassure players, shareholders and fans.

One of the other investors becomes Chair of the board and David continues as a board member and majority shareholder. as CR says  he just has to step away from the limelight for a period, does not have to be permanent.

14 hours ago, bird said:

CEO does not need to be a Rugby person but should probably be a Canadian.

ok so we get him dual citizenship, in fact we get the entire roster dual that would solve problems on many fronts!

but why does it have to be a Canadian? what we need now is a credible frontman supported by the board of directors and you cannot get more credible than Brian Noble.

16 minutes ago, fervent traditionalist said:

Why just for having an oppinion. All sports are trying to kick racism out but when it comes from the top it disgusts me.

There have been posts in the general forum where such a comment could have been made. To come the the WP part of the forum to post that says much about you. This is a troll comment, nothing more, nothing less. Trolls disgust me.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

11 hours ago, POR said:

step up 

Kayakman

• Kayakman
  • Coach

If you too were to hear the haunting call of a distant Pack over the gentle lapping of the waves in the beautiful Canadian North would your reaction be any different?????....Time to put down the paddle for awhile and do your duty.  I WOULD ANSWER THE HOWL!  I WOULD MAKE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE IF CALLED!!!!!!!!!!

Its just the natural way of the Pack....leaders come and go...but the Pack never sleeps from the hunt.

"Run With The Pack!"

WOLF.jpg

56 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

If you too were to hear the haunting call of a distant Pack over the gentle lapping of the waves in the beautiful Canadian North would your reaction be any different?????....Time to put down the paddle for awhile and do your duty.  I WOULD ANSWER THE HOWL!  I WOULD MAKE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE IF CALLED!!!!!!!!!!

Its just the natural way of the Pack....leaders come and go...but the Pack never sleeps from the hunt.

"Run With The Pack!"

WOLF.jpg

There is something about being in the wilds, miles from civilisation to create a feeling that is awe inspiring and humbling. 

25 minutes ago, RayCee said:

There is something about being in the wilds, miles from civilisation to create a feeling that is awe inspiring and humbling. 

YA...LIKE EARLY THIS MORNING WHEN MY WIFE FLUSHED THE TOILET AND THE SEPTIC BACKED UP..gotta get a truck in there to pump it out now!

56 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

YA...LIKE EARLY THIS MORNING WHEN MY WIFE FLUSHED THE TOILET AND THE SEPTIC BACKED UP..gotta get a truck in there to pump it out now!

That's humbling but maybe not inspiring.

36 minutes ago, RayCee said:

That's humbling but maybe not inspiring.

Life in the woods isn't all its cracked up to be sometimes...my daughter just got back from the North Bay Pow Wow and almost totaled the car on a moose.

Toronto wolfpack owner should be ashamed of himself, comming out with a ridiculous statement about a persons skin colour is unacceptable and I hope he got the reception he deserved if he bothered to go to the game today, seen as though he video called Jose Kanga I guess he didn't, your owner can say the racist comment in person but can't say the apology . 

Also the pretentious way he went about apologizing, saying "I am firing myself as chairman and CEO.". Just say you are stepping down.

Someone on Twitter said it perfectly "Players face disciplinary hearings, bans, and in most cases the club moves them on following use of racist language. Can't just say sorry and hope it's all forgotten about"

1 hour ago, The Lad said:

Toronto wolfpack owner should be ashamed of himself, comming out with a ridiculous statement about a persons skin colour is unacceptable and I hope he got the reception he deserved if he bothered to go to the game today, seen as though he video called Jose Kanga I guess he didn't, your owner can say the racist comment in person but can't say the apology . 

Also the pretentious way he went about apologizing, saying "I am firing myself as chairman and CEO.". Just say you are stepping down.

Someone on Twitter said it perfectly "Players face disciplinary hearings, bans, and in most cases the club moves them on following use of racist language. Can't just say sorry and hope it's all forgotten about"

You've got to try and be more forgiving you lad...Argyle is ashamed.  In League Express the club and player in question want the matter closed and Argyle has to respect their wishes so what you say he should have done would have been against their own wishes and highly inappropriate.

I can tell you personally that David Argyle is not a pretentious person...and he is not perfect.  This incident has turned into a real blow for him; as it should.

Always remember that forgiveness is part of the solution young lad; and there but for the Grace of God go I.  You will learn as you grow young fella.

On 09/06/2019 at 04:56, krakauer said:

So how do I explain all this to my kids?

DA and myself are a similar generation. We grew up in a world where prejudice was common. Parents said things their children heard. At school it continued and into the work place too. We may think it didn't affect us but it all went into our minds and is stored somewhere. Then in a foolish moment it pops up in a comment. That was a very hurtful and unpleasant comment. You could tell your kids he grew up in a world of prejudice and it affected him, perhaps more than even he realised. 

It can be hard to forgive when someone does something that really hurts us. Even a sincere apology can be hard to accept. However, a forgiving sort doesn't forgive based on the seriousness of the action but on the degree of contrition. We can't read hearts but if someone expresses regret, doesn't minimise what they did and takes remedial action, we can cut them some slack and extend forgiveness. It's not about downplaying what happened but accepting people do some wrong things at times. As they say to err is human, to forgive divine. 

On 08/06/2019 at 12:56, krakauer said:

So how do I explain all this to my kids?

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Life in the woods isn't all its cracked up to be sometimes...my daughter just got back from the North Bay Pow Wow and almost totaled the car on a moose.

Glad she got home safe.

1 hour ago, RayCee said:

Glad she got home safe.

She is bringing me down my morning coffee right now' "Hey hurry up will ya...move it along Sally...I'm, thirsty."

-from Kayakman's College of Catfish Knowledge

Archived