Bulls..Double Standards

colinb

I wonder if the RFL will look at the reasons behind Bradford Bulls playing the U19s midweek at Barrow . It was for the reasons "apparently"that the Main Squad can't be expected to play 3 games from Sunday to Sunday. 

Today their U19s are playing before the game. So it appears they can play but the Semi Professionals can't. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Colin they are off back up to the big time didn't you see the bbc coverage.

They won't be using my 25£ in process 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Wished I'd kept mine... Still our lass says I've more brass n brains!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Beans and mucky fat all week Graham. Enjoy

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

4 hours ago, colinb said:

I wonder if the RFL will look at the reasons behind Bradford Bulls playing the U19s midweek at Barrow . It was for the reasons "apparently"that the Main Squad can't be expected to play 3 games from Sunday to Sunday. 

Today their U19s are playing before the game. So it appears they can play but the Semi Professionals can't. 

That paid of we got the two points by giving them that rest to then play Batley. The under 19s took something from barrow they stuffed hull 56-6 so that strengthened them too well done in the descision.

also seen the next round is midweek so once again well done on going out. Finishing higher up the league will give us more central funding than anything the 1895 has to offer.

It's all about money.. sport is becoming a real sad endeavour

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

47 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

That paid of we got the two points by giving them that rest to then play Batley. The under 19s took something from barrow they stuffed hull 56-6 so that strengthened them too well done in the descision.

also seen the next round is midweek so once again well done on going out. Finishing higher up the league will give us more central funding than anything the 1895 has to offer.

Fair enough. Good luck with your dreams. 

4 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Have any 1895 Cup operational rules been broken? I can't pretend to know.

Certain teams obviously don't care and have their own priorities. Against the spirit of the game. But hey who cares. 

Just now, colinb said:

Certain teams obviously don't care and have their own priorities. Against the spirit of the game. But hey who cares. 

There's certainly something to be said for playing within the spirit of the game, that's for sure. I can't work out Bradford sometimes. In a week where I was told categorically by some Bulls fans that they are not definitely not ready or expecting to make for Super League anytime soon, they rest a swathe of players to improve their play-off chances. 

That's their prerogative, but perhaps explains why plenty of folk withhold their £25. I am not sure they have broken any rules per se.

11 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

There's certainly something to be said for playing within the spirit of the game, that's for sure. I can't work out Bradford sometimes. In a week where I was told categorically by some Bulls fans that they are not definitely not ready or expecting to make for Super League anytime soon, they rest a swathe of players to improve their play-off chances. 

That's their prerogative, but perhaps explains why plenty of folk withhold their £25. I am not sure they have broken any rules per se.

As a neutral I believe that your interpretation is well wide of the mark. John Kear stated clearly that he believed, in the true spirit of duty of care towards players, that asking part-time players to turn out three times in eight days would be a dereliction of a coach's duty. This was not simply a cynical attempt to gain an extra two points in the league but a proper cosideration for the wellbeing of his players.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Don't forget this rfl who said teams playing to many games. Championship have more teams they enter the challenge cup before super league. Then added another cup with potential of 4 more games. Where we'd already played 4 cup games and fax will be playing 5 challenge cup games this year. If a super league team gets to final they only play 4. What's point of running reserve grades and unders if you ain't going use them in matches. 

All the moaning is at bradford but fax did the same why cause if fax make the semi for both there told 1895 cup team they play will get a bye to the final.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

As a neutral I believe that your interpretation is well wide of the mark. John Kear stated clearly that he believed, in the true spirit of duty of care towards players, that asking part-time players to turn out three times in eight days would be a dereliction of a coach's duty. This was not simply a cynical attempt to gain an extra two points in the league but a proper cosideration for the wellbeing of his players.

Think you'll find BSJ that many of the U19s DID play 3 times in 7 days. Last weekend. Midweek . And yesterday before the Main game. Duty of care ??

As said above in Bullmania post Fax did the same. Agree. 

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

start of season chalmers said bulls had 22 full time players  so kears statement BS  and what about the duty of care for the u19's players who played hudderfield on the 2nd barrow on the 5th and hull on the 9th

The Bradford Bull's (how they call them that after folding) Diet 

Day 1 do I really need to do the Bradford Diet?

Day 2 convince yourself you don't need the Bradford Diet

Day 3 change your mind and do the Bradford Diet.

Day 4 you endure the Bradford Diet 

Losing a swift 25 pounds over 80 minutes.

Day 5 moan about the Diet and the loss of 25 pounds

Day 6 think how lucky you was not to do the extra "car park" add-on or you'd be looking at another 5 pound loss

Who says rugby league is good for you

????

5 hours ago, colinb said:

Think you'll find BSJ that many of the U19s DID play 3 times in 7 days. Last weekend. Midweek . And yesterday before the Main game. Duty of care ??

As said above in Bullmania post Fax did the same. Agree. 

Two of the U19's games were also against U19 teams - a much lower level of impact and risk.

JK said straight after the Halifax match, on R Leeds, that he would be playing an entirely different team at Barrow than the one against Halifax citing the duty of care responsibilities of all clubs. Call him a liar if you will, but isn't this just a hint of bitterness because your lot played poorly?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, coolie said:

The Bradford Bull's (how they call them that after folding) Diet 

Day 1 do I really need to do the Bradford Diet?

Day 2 convince yourself you don't need the Bradford Diet

Day 3 change your mind and do the Bradford Diet.

Day 4 you endure the Bradford Diet 

Losing a swift 25 pounds over 80 minutes.

Day 5 moan about the Diet and the loss of 25 pounds

Day 6 think how lucky you was not to do the extra "car park" add-on or you'd be looking at another 5 pound loss

Who says rugby league is good for you

????

You aren't applying for the leadership of the Conservatives by any chance?

Jk also said after about the under 19s match that you give them experience they go back to there size and age and look what happens. 

I agree with bsj about the level of impact compared to first team rugby. Do Batley feel robbed that bulls didn't play 3 times in a week if we wouldn't shocked Leeds we'd played Sunday like yourselves in the 1895 cup then played you. Still don't see the issue coach looked at the priority and got us much needed two points which I'd rather have than play another midweek cup game.

1 hour ago, Bullmania said:

Jk also said after about the under 19s match that you give them experience they go back to there size and age and look what happens. 

I agree with bsj about the level of impact compared to first team rugby. Do Batley feel robbed that bulls didn't play 3 times in a week if we wouldn't shocked Leeds we'd played Sunday like yourselves in the 1895 cup then played you. Still don't see the issue coach looked at the priority and got us much needed two points which I'd rather have than play another midweek cup game.

I can see the perspective of both sides of the issue. It’s essentially for each club to make that decision and take the consequences, either positive or not.

The danger of choosing to prioritise one over the other is that it may devalue one competition which may later be relied on by a club. It’s not a black and white issue though, which I understand.

16 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Two of the U19's games were also against U19 teams - a much lower level of impact and risk.

JK said straight after the Halifax match, on R Leeds, that he would be playing an entirely different team at Barrow than the one against Halifax citing the duty of care responsibilities of all clubs. Call him a liar if you will, but isn't this just a hint of bitterness because your lot played poorly?

BSJ I can assure you it's not bitterness. After 63yrs watching Batley !!!!!. Duty of care is the term being used. So it's ok for U19s but not for seasoned professionals.?? I certainly don't agree with "less risk" when U19s are matched to play "The big boys". I reckon that's definitely LACK of Duty of care.  

Archived