######

ipods4ever

Dewsbury rams 4 super league

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Allowing even for the influx of our new players, that is a pathetic performance from Hornets ...6-42 second half!!   Congrats to Finn's 100% kicking performance.  Again, we concede successive tries, 4 in 10 minutes and 11 in total - as AG says we are going backwards quickly.  I shudder to think what the scores will be versus many of our remaining opponents, but especially the likes of Toulouse & Toronto.  Hopefully there are collective answers soon.  It will not be easier in League 1; Coventry 32 - Haven 18 today!  That result other way around - never believe what you see -alas, our result stands.

An embarrassing display. Thought about leaving before the end which is something I've never done in 65 years. Our defence is  woeful. I lost count of the number of times they just barged over from 5 yards out. Something is sadly missing. We don't seem to have any spirit. Before the kick off  I was hopeful we would put up a good display and when we scored first all seemed well but then ...............

Next year we will struggle in league 1.

I've gradually lost interest in Hornets this year and although York is a lot closer to where I live than Rochdale I certainly won't be going next week. On paper this is not the worst Hornets team I've seen but it certainly plays as though it is.

43 minutes ago, Pedro said:

An embarrassing display. Thought about leaving before the end which is something I've never done in 65 years. Our defence is  woeful. I lost count of the number of times they just barged over from 5 yards out. Something is sadly missing. We don't seem to have any spirit. Before the kick off  I was hopeful we would put up a good display and when we scored first all seemed well but then ...............

Next year we will struggle in league 1.

I've gradually lost interest in Hornets this year and although York is a lot closer to where I live than Rochdale I certainly won't be going next week. On paper this is not the worst Hornets team I've seen but it certainly plays as though it is.

I'm afraid it's the worst I have seen in 50years.

Not the result a new coach needs.  The club needs to somehow refocus and get some pride back in the season.  Relegation without a fight is unthinkable and when supporters of 50 years standing are struggling to keep the faith its not good.

2 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Going backwards at the moment, perhaps Forster wasn't the problem

Obviously not.

New players haven’t improved us. We go to Dewsbury who are known for big pack on small pitch yet we put Dec Kay on the bench and he doesn’t get on? Just don’t get it? 

Its getting worse, simple as that.

Missing from last week I believe, were Morris, Baker, Marriot, Gleason & Worthington - possibly to include the new lads and to compare overall performances.  Does our situation need a stable team to stem the tide and hopefully build confidence, dropping in the new players as they became familiar with training,etc?   Or, is our coaching team/club resigned to relegation (understandably, as things are going pear-shaped) and is experimenting/preparing well ahead for League1, or whatever remains come 2020? ( There are many noises off about future funding for the lower reaches, league formats and even ‘Merger’ has raised its head!).  Currently, there is limited exterior communication from the club, other than signings.  Whatever’s happening, or not - forget the loyal diehard fans at your peril. 

10 minutes ago, glemiln said:

Missing from last week I believe, were Morris, Baker, Marriot, Gleason & Worthington - possibly to include the new lads and to compare overall performances.  Does our situation need a stable team to stem the tide and hopefully build confidence, dropping in the new players as they became familiar with training,etc?   Or, is our coaching team/club resigned to relegation (understandably, as things are going pear-shaped) and is experimenting/preparing well ahead for League1, or whatever remains come 2020? ( There are many noises off about future funding for the lower reaches, league formats and even ‘Merger’ has raised its head!).  Currently, there is limited exterior communication from the club, other than signings.  Whatever’s happening, or not - forget the loyal diehard fans at you peril. 

Unless you are a member you get to know nowt!!!

A terribal game today.

First 20 minutes we were their equal and it was close but again failed to  capitalize on our possession and territory and after that we fell away, doing stupid offloads when no one was there or surrounded by dewsbury players no wonder one got intercepted and run in for a try. All through the match the dewsbury offloads killed us and every time we tackled them they made yards after.

Second half was the worst half of the season, our tackling was nonexistent, we just fell off them and they were scoring for fun at times. It was embarrassing to watch and really shows why we are bottom of the league. 

6 hours ago, The Lad said:

A terribal game today.

First 20 minutes we were their equal and it was close but again failed to  capitalize on our possession and territory and after that we fell away, doing stupid offloads when no one was there or surrounded by dewsbury players no wonder one got intercepted and run in for a try. All through the match the dewsbury offloads killed us and every time we tackled them they made yards after.

Second half was the worst half of the season, our tackling was nonexistent, we just fell off them and they were scoring for fun at times. It was embarrassing to watch and really shows why we are bottom of the league. 

84 points conceded in two half's against Barrow and Dewsbury, is really as bad as it gets. If there was one area Matt Calland had to change when he came in, was to tighten up the defence, sadly we are worse than ever, the tackling in the last 3 games non existent.

The collective attitude from the players is really poor, there's just no fight from a lot of the team, too many just going through the motions. missed tackles are always the give away. Callands comments on the club website suggest the same.

Last week Marriott was the stand out player, this week Coleman, 2 players that have been brought in from amateur and are known to Calland to have the resilience and fight you need to be in a side of his.

Fact is too many of the squad weren't assessed and brought in by Calland, he is well known to test players fitness and attitude and will be hammering them in training and I think the poor attitude is a result of that.

The club for too long has been a hive of mercenaries using the club as an easy pay day. Calland is hopefully getting rid and restoring a bit of value to the shirt but its obviously going to take time and hes going to have to upset quite a few people.

46 minutes ago, Heywood Tiger said:

The collective attitude from the players is really poor, there's just no fight from a lot of the team, too many just going through the motions. missed tackles are always the give away. Callands comments on the club website suggest the same.

Last week Marriott was the stand out player, this week Coleman, 2 players that have been brought in from amateur and are known to Calland to have the resilience and fight you need to be in a side of his.

Fact is too many of the squad weren't assessed and brought in by Calland, he is well known to test players fitness and attitude and will be hammering them in training and I think the poor attitude is a result of that.

The club for too long has been a hive of mercenaries using the club as an easy pay day. Calland is hopefully getting rid and restoring a bit of value to the shirt but its obviously going to take time and hes going to have to upset quite a few people.

Whatever you want to say about Matt he wasn't a quitter  or shirker in his playing days. His fitness goes without saying, he was still playing not so long ago and he looks like he could still give it a go now. The trouble is the time for really working on fitness was months ago. We need to keep the faith although at the moment it's not easy.

2 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

I respect where your coming from regarding the squad being assembled etc. But only 7 out the 17 was brought in by Forster. Ainscough, case, Moore and B.wood being in that 7 when I’d say they’ve been our best performers all year. 

6 brought in by Matt and rest made up of current squad or DR. 

Fitness obviously massive issue, yet the conditioner is still at the club? 

Lets just hope Matt can turn it around, but can’t see putting one of our best players in recent years on the bench for 80 minutes and not bring him on is gonna help team morale that people are speaking about. 

1 minute ago, RLfan99 said:

Surely he’s got to?

If not, we can still blame the ex coach anyway ???

Given the changes and where the ex coach is, if we had to go to Whitehaven again now do you think we would we win?

Archived