######

ipods4ever

Thanks a bunch Pedro!  We looked somewhat lightweight and disinterested.  Certainly we were lacking in aggressive, structured defence and tackling techniques. Dewsbury's second walk-in try epitomised that and what was to follow.   We might reduce our defensive work if we could complete our sets, but that would reduce the practice we need and will surely get!  I do not envy Matt's task, especially as he replaces those not pulling their weight, it leaves us vulnerable as they bed-in.  Some of the newbies yesterday were poor too. 

What a wasted season - surely we can head to its end with a fight for the club, sponsors and not least,  the fans.  

4 hours ago, RLfan99 said:

I respect where your coming from regarding the squad being assembled etc. But only 7 out the 17 was brought in by Forster. Ainscough, case, Moore and B.wood being in that 7 when I’d say they’ve been our best performers all year. 

Absolutely agree. Ainscough and Wood give it their all every game. I believe Wood is only just 18 years old. Moore also great every game. 

Marriott is a great addition to the team. I look forward to seeing what else he brings. 

Matt will know exactly what hes doing and no doubt drill these lads at training. Forward thinking to next season I think. 

I sound like I’m a mad Matt Calland fan but I don’t know the guy, our paths have never crossed. I do appreciate the way his teams play the game though. 

I know a lot of people that have been coached by him and his players have to be fit and strong willed. 

From the sounds of it this years pre season and training regime have been far from demanding, fitness and will havnt been tested. Throw in a lot of the players just aren’t good enough for this level. 

I think we will get a win but when the general level of fitness and resilience improves.

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Thanks a bunch Pedro!  

No problem glemiln.

I watched the whole 80 minutes and apart from a short spell at the start it was dire. I spent the last 30 minutes wishing for the hooter.

3 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

I sound like I’m a mad Matt Calland fan but I don’t know the guy, our paths have never crossed. I do appreciate the way his teams play the game though. 

I know a lot of people that have been coached by him and his players have to be fit and strong willed. 

From the sounds of it this years pre season and training regime have been far from demanding, fitness and will havnt been tested. Throw in a lot of the players just aren’t good enough for this level. 

I think we will get a win but when the general level of fitness and resilience improves.

It's been made more difficult by the team having to play away from home for weeks on end. Also the number of new players coming in all at once has meant we haven't had a settled team from day 1. Obviously changes were needed but the sheer numbers brought in haven't led to a cohesive way of playing yet. We had two lads on Sunday in the key positions at half back that had probably only had 1 or 2 training sessions together.

1 hour ago, Larry Jones said:

Going back to leadership has the new board been constructed yet?   It just seems there is a coach and fans and nothing else. The member ethos leaders seemed to leave the building just prior to Paul announcing no more subsidy.

I thought even the dogs in the street knew that there is a temporary board in place prior to a ballot to elect a new, permanent, board. The members ballot is going on at present and the results of the election and therefore the new board members are due to be revealed at the AGM on the 6th of July.

13 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

Its a shame the club website does not reflect the temporary structure.  I suppose the new board will look pretty much like the old board.  It will be interesting who wants the limelight now as the benefactor has left the building. 

There's no shortage of members willing to put themselves forward.

18 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought even the dogs in the street knew that there is a temporary board in place prior to a ballot to elect a new, permanent, board. The members ballot is going on at present and the results of the election and therefore the new board members are due to be revealed at the AGM on the 6th of July.

No reason the club website can't publish the names of the temporary board at all, I know more masonic people than I do the Hornets board

I'm a Dewsbury supporter and have to say that was the worst defensive display that I have seen this season. You have a few quality players in the side but I fear that they will move on shortly. Half backs aren't your problem; you have to assemble a decent pack before you can move on anywhere.

I have always enjoyed games against Rochdale going back many decades and I am sure that you will bounce back within a year or two.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I'm a Dewsbury supporter and have to say that was the worst defensive display that I have seen this season. You have a few quality players in the side but I fear that they will move on shortly. Half backs aren't your problem; you have to assemble a decent pack before you can move on anywhere.

I have always enjoyed games against Rochdale going back many decades and I am sure that you will bounce back within a year or two.

Our display was equal with that at Barrow away, two weeks earlier both games 42 points conceded in one half of the games, that's how bad we have got.

Archived