Doncaster

roughyed1064

Quality player Beharrell, some very good players in the Donny side also.

Simple fact is we were dire, not just 1 or 2 players, literally all of them. I honestly can't remember a performance as bad in a long time, Bradford 82-0 was shocking  ,as was (I'm told Keighley away last term) but Sunday was the absolute low for me. Conditions same for both sides yet Donny threw the ball like a dry day and we couldn't hold it for toffee.  2 or 3 completed sets is disgraceful. Boas's try was a carbon copy of the week before, same pass intercepted and same result, do we ever learn?

No idea what was wrong, players playing hurt? No plan b? Horrendous day at the office? 

Take nothing away from Donny, full value for the win and showed every single deficiency we have. Brought us back down to earth with a bump. For the first time I remember I couldn't even bring myself to clap Oldham off, it really was that bad.

Where do we go from here? Well it can only be up after that performance, hopefully back on the horse this week but I ain't counting my chickens, Keighley will be smarting from the tonking we gave them,if we ain't on the ball another defeat is on the cards.

Whatever is wrong needs sorting sharpish or the season is done.

I went on the train to Donny.  Walked it to the ground but then caught the bus back into town after the game.  Ended up chatting to a bloke in his 70s who was a former Doncaster die-hard but now picks and chooses his games.

Worst team to play at Doncaster for years was how he described us.  That's us.  Oldham, founder members of the RFL.  I bloody hated hearing that.

We're better than that performance.  I've played enough sport to know that stuff like that can inexplicably happen but we need to get over it. 

Ten games — win them all and we'll probably finish top.  We won 14 on the bounce in 2015, so ten is a cake-walk.  

Stats-

Team stats-19 complete sets. 16 incomplete stats. 18 errors.

Hawkyard-2 tackles. 13 tackle busts. one error. 18 carries=181m

Aaronson-4 tackles. one miss. 6 tackle busts. one clean break. 10 carries=101m

McComb-18 tackles. one miss. one offload. 5 tackle busts. 2 errors. 16 carries=139m

Holmes-19 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 2 errors. 8 carries=49m

Maders-7 tackles. one offload. one tackle bust. 2 errors. 16 carries=133m

Bowman-20 tackles. 3 misses. 3 offloads. 2 tackle busts. 5 carries=24m

Hewitt-11 tackles 4 misses. 1 carry=4m

Gwaze-38 tackles. 3 misses. 4 errors. 9 carries=46m

Owen-14 tackles. 1 carry=1m

Spencer-28 tackles. one miss. one error. 13 carries=84m

Bridge-36 tackles. 3 offloads. 2 tackle busts. one error. 12 carries=91m

Langtree-40 tackles. 4 misses. 2 offloads. 4 tackle busts. 2 errors. 8 carries=51m

Bent-58 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one error. 4 carries=21m

subs

Whittel-23 tackles.2 misses. 5 carries=21m

Law-27 tackles.2 misses. one error. 7 carries=56m

Davies-16 tackles. 2 tackle busts. one error. 8 carries=51m

Wilkinson-18 tackles. one offload. one error. 4 carries=35m

2 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Stats-

Team stats-19 complete sets. 16 incomplete stats. 18 errors.

Hawkyard-2 tackles. 13 tackle busts. one error. 18 carries=181m

Aaronson-4 tackles. one miss. 6 tackle busts. one clean break. 10 carries=101m

McComb-18 tackles. one miss. one offload. 5 tackle busts. 2 errors. 16 carries=139m

Holmes-19 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 2 errors. 8 carries=49m

Maders-7 tackles. one offload. one tackle bust. 2 errors. 16 carries=133m

Bowman-20 tackles. 3 misses. 3 offloads. 2 tackle busts. 5 carries=24m

Hewitt-11 tackles 4 misses. 1 carry=4m

Gwaze-38 tackles. 3 misses. 4 errors. 9 carries=46m

Owen-14 tackles. 1 carry=1m

Spencer-28 tackles. one miss. one error. 13 carries=84m

Bridge-36 tackles. 3 offloads. 2 tackle busts. one error. 12 carries=91m

Langtree-40 tackles. 4 misses. 2 offloads. 4 tackle busts. 2 errors. 8 carries=51m

Bent-58 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one error. 4 carries=21m

subs

Whittel-23 tackles.2 misses. 5 carries=21m

Law-27 tackles.2 misses. one error. 7 carries=56m

Davies-16 tackles. 2 tackle busts. one error. 8 carries=51m

Wilkinson-18 tackles. one offload. one error. 4 carries=35m

Yes bent is a very good tackler but he offers absolute nothing In attack, 4 carries from our lose forward is not good enough. Said this for a couple of years as well now Owen needs to step up a lot more he’s offering nothing at all

Benty is incredible defensively, maybe he doesn't make many yards but then the whole pack don't exactly rip up trees, the props last week had 37 carries between them less than 10 a prop on average,with very limited meters gained,that's terrible. The pack stats overall going forward were abysmal.

Backs stats on paper look good but just shows that meters made to no end product are worthless.

Defensively the stats are very high yet we concede 31 points, due to errors and the crucial missed tackles.

Whittel 5 carries for 21m is same gain as Benty with one more carry but no criticism of him? 8 carries from Langers is also under par.

The whole side were useless last week, no point picking out players because every one of them was responsible for a shocking performance.

It's done now, we have to move on and hope this week the players redeem themselves after the horror show.

Archived