Can someone please clarify.

As I understand it this season one team from Super League will go down ( pick any one from 6) and one team probably Toronto will be promoted. So what are the other four teams in the championship playing off for ?

Just now, Loiner said:

As I understand it this season one team from Super League will go down ( pick any one from 6) and one team probably Toronto will be promoted. So what are the other four teams in the championship playing off for ?

Play offs are for 1 to 5 in the championship just like SL. Toronto (or anyone else for that matter) don't go up automatically for finishing 1st after 27 rounds.

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Play offs are for 1 to 5 in the championship just like SL. Toronto (or anyone else for that matter) don't go up automatically for finishing 1st after 27 rounds.

Ah right, I thought it was a straight promotion and relegation.

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Ah right, I thought it was a straight promotion and relegation.

Just finishing top say by 20 points does not mean you you might get promoted.  This is why the Championship system is daft.

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

Just finishing top say by 20 points does not mean you you might get promoted.  This is why the Championship system is daft.

I do agree that it's not the best method to decide a club's suitability for being competitive in Super League. I think that finishing top of the pile gives a much truer reflection of a teams strength on a week to week basis rather than a mini cup over a couple of games.

16 minutes ago, Damien said:

I do agree that it's not the best method to decide a club's suitability for being competitive in Super League. I think that finishing top of the pile gives a much truer reflection of a teams strength on a week to week basis rather than a mini cup over a couple of games.

Not like winning the Grand final from 5th or something daft like that.

4 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Not like winning the Grand final from 5th or something daft like that.

Unless you elaborate I've not got a clue what your point is. If you are talking about Super League then I'd pretty much argue the same but that's a different topic.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Leeds are going down, Toronto coming up. HTH

2 hours ago, Tre Cool said:

Leeds are going down, Toronto coming up. HTH

Toronto choked in MPG last year might do again...

Maybe the players who would have been released in SL decided Toronto is a nice place..... 

46 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Toronto choked in MPG last year might do again...

Maybe the players who would have been released in SL decided Toronto is a nice place..... 

How much time have they actually spent there ?

58 minutes ago, RayH said:

Surprised they have kept this format with London’s shock win last season

How have they 'kept this format'? It is a completely different format to the one under which London got promoted.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

How have they 'kept this format'? It is a completely different format to the one under which London got promoted.

Is it?

thought London beat Toronto in the play off final?

isnt it same this year?

Archived