Joe Westerman signs for Wakey.

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

exactly the sort of player WAKEY don't need, a typical example of the modern professional fake, now he is even nearer his beloved fryson/Airedale it should be like throwing money in the calder.

No strong views on Westerman then Jonny?

what fraction of a bateman is a westerman? 

its time to get rid of duds like him and invest the money in to proper youth systems, stop throwing good money after bad on failed egos, he will have been through more clubs than nick Faldo before long

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

11 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

hes already been through more clubs than Bernard manning 

11 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

he will have been through more clubs than nick Faldo

Please, please, please, don't bother trying for a f***ing hat trick.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

18 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Are Leeds above or below his level?

given we don't know what level they will be playing next season I'm surprised any SL player would commit to signing for Leeds... knowing it could be the championship or looking for another SL club...

I think he has actually been pretty good for us. Not as good as last year when he first came back and then got injured but pretty consistent. My problem is that as a ball playing forward he just seems to sometimes get intl the way. I know a 13 should do a bit of this but it sometimes seems to overcomplicate us. Not too sad if the touted NZ replacement is true

4 hours ago, Jarv said:

I think he has actually been pretty good for us. Not as good as last year when he first came back and then got injured but pretty consistent. My problem is that as a ball playing forward he just seems to sometimes get intl the way. I know a 13 should do a bit of this but it sometimes seems to overcomplicate us. Not too sad if the touted NZ replacement is true

Don't go by HDM, their 'replacement' is a Prop, not a LF. 

Westermans scored a few tries this year and we will miss that unless his positional replacement is as good.  While I'm mentioning his tries, he's scored 8.  The most he's ever had in a season is 12.  Quite possible he could break his own record this season.

Problem for me is how Hull gave him an opportunity when he was leaving TWP and stood by him while he got back to fitness.  Sure, he should try and get the best deal but a bit of loyalty might have got him another year on top anyway.

On 11/06/2019 at 07:31, Old Frightful said:

Please, please, please, don't bother trying for a f***ing hat trick.

Damn!

I was just going to throw the Slag Brothers* in there

*Wacky Races Cavemen

56 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

If people don't know who the Slag brothers are they don't deserve an explanation.

Damn right

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Don't go by HDM, their 'replacement' is a Prop, not a LF. 

Westermans scored a few tries this year and we will miss that unless his positional replacement is as good.  While I'm mentioning his tries, he's scored 8.  The most he's ever had in a season is 12.  Quite possible he could break his own record this season.

Problem for me is how Hull gave him an opportunity when he was leaving TWP and stood by him while he got back to fitness.  Sure, he should try and get the best deal but a bit of loyalty might have got him another year on top anyway.

Good to know. I see Sao has "lock" next to prop on Wiki also. I dont have Sky now so must admit have seen anything of him. Not a ball playing forward as such and pretty much a straight 8 or 10 you think? This would sound more of a replacement for say Paea than for Westerman?

2 hours ago, Jarv said:

Good to know. I see Sao has "lock" next to prop on Wiki also. I dont have Sky now so must admit have seen anything of him. Not a ball playing forward as such and pretty much a straight 8 or 10 you think? This would sound more of a replacement for say Paea than for Westerman?

He’s been playing off the bench, so impact player.  HDM probably don’t know what position he plays.

Archived