Mahe Fonua

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's an absolute beast, sign him up asap!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

I'd be happy to replace BF, Naulago as back up with Swift starting on one wing and Fonua on the other. 

Naulago is already a much better than Swift imo and will only get better as he learns the game. Quicker, stronger, better under a high ball, better tackler. The problem is that him still being employed by the army makes it complicated, and apparently Rugby Union are sniffing about as well.

Also Faraimo has just signed an extension, so your scenario isn't going to happen.

Would love to see us find a way to bring Mahe back, but it seems unlikely at the minute.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

Naulago is already a much better than Swift imo and will only get better as he learns the game. Quicker, stronger, better under a high ball, better tackler. The problem is that him still being employed by the army makes it complicated, and apparently Rugby Union are sniffing about as well.

Also Faraimo has just signed an extension, so your scenario isn't going to happen.

Would love to see us find a way to bring Mahe back, but it seems unlikely at the minute.

It isn’t so unlikely imo.  Fonua has played at centre more than on the wing in England and some of the best games I’ve seen him play have been in that position. 

Griffin, if he can keep his temper, could do a great job in the 2nd row.

Dependant on how his foot heals, or will heal based on expert opinion, it could make perfect sense and what some strike power on the fringes we’d have.

All we’d need is to find another Mick Crane to start a dynasty ?

18 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

It isn’t so unlikely imo.  Fonua has played at centre more than on the wing in England and some of the best games I’ve seen him play have been in that position. 

Griffin, if he can keep his temper, could do a great job in the 2nd row.

Dependant on how his foot heals, or will heal based on expert opinion, it could make perfect sense and what some strike power on the fringes we’d have.

All we’d need is to find another Mick Crane to start a dynasty ?

Griffin and temper???? Hahahahahahahaa that's Griffin's biggest problem he isn't aggressive enough. He's like a little wimp, I'd be looking to get shut of him

7 hours ago, MZH said:

I'd have him back in a heart beat, especially if we can't keep hold of Naulago.

Where's Naulago going?

22 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Where's Naulago going?

Hopefully nowhere, but I was kind of expecting an announcement of an extension by now, and so far there has been nothing.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, he is still contracted to the army, which means any offer we make has to be okayed by them. Also there has been some talk of some RU sides showing an interest.

He has been a revelation this year and I would be doing all I could to keep him, but it might be out of our hands 

Good luck with keeping him, he's a big exciting player. Let's hope there's lots more to come? 

The thing with Fonua is he always seemed to have a big mistake in him each game. BF does not seem to have that and seems better defending in the air. I am sure some stats will prove me wrong but feels that way.

15 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Griffin and temper???? Hahahahahahahaa that's Griffin's biggest problem he isn't aggressive enough. He's like a little wimp, I'd be looking to get shut of him

Getting rid of Griffin is one of he last things we need to do.  

37 minutes ago, MZH said:

HDM are reporting on it so that means it's definitely not happening. Shame.

I think percentage wise, they are in the upper 80s  ( a guess, I know) but this is a clear statement.  They got all arrisabout face for Joel Thompson.

This season can be anything yet.  We have the capability.  But bringing him back would see real excitement and anticipation for 2020 and the Wincolmlee massive.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

I think percentage wise, they are in the upper 80s  ( a guess, I know) but this is a clear statement.  They got all arrisabout face for Joel Thompson.

This season can be anything yet.  We have the capability.  But bringing him back would see real excitement and anticipation for 2020 and the Wincolmlee massive.

? ? ?

Loving it!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I hope he comes back to Hull...I really don't know why he even left in the first place...Toronto would love to have him.

He basically left because his wife was pregnant at the time and he wanted to be close go their families when the kid was growing up. Homesick I suppose you could say. Must be quite tough moving right round the world when you're in your early 20s and never lived anywhere other than your hometown your entire life. 

I got the impression that Dawson-Jones was going to be first choice before his injury. So with the signing of Swift the emergence of Ratu Naulago and the potential signing of Fonua, we're does this leave Dawson-Jones 

Archived