Help! Im coming back home but refuse to have my actual holiday in Fev. Any recommendations for nice towns to stay within an hours drive? 

Initial thoughts are York or somewhere a bit more rural with pleasant walks etc. 

Looking at the end of September

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

We usually stay at least an hour from home when going there as it’s harder for family to just say “oh go on, pop in”. But then I’m a miserable sod!

There’s a couple of Forest Holidays sites about an hour-ish from Fev that suit the rural goal. Just search for Forest Holidays Keldy or Cropton, both in N Yorks. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Can I recommend my Airbnb. ?

It takes about a hour to get to Fev on game days, good transport links to Leeds and Manchester and open countryside on the doorstep. 

Edit: there are loads of places to eat and drink in Hebden Bridge, and the village pub is a two minute walk. We're virtually on the Calderdale Way, and not far from the Pennine Way. Heptonstall, Halifax and Haworth are all close by and you can be in the Yorkshire Dale's within an hour. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

4 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Can I recommend my Airbnb. ?

It takes about a hour to get to Fev on game days, good transport links to Leeds and Manchester and open countryside on the doorstep. 

Edit: there are loads of places to eat and drink in Hebden Bridge, and the village pub is a two minute walk. We're virtually on the Calderdale Way, and not far from the Pennine Way. Heptonstall, Halifax and Haworth are all close by and you can be in the Yorkshire Dale's within an hour. 

I actually almost booked your Airbnb. Sending you a pm. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

7 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Help! Im coming back home but refuse to have my actual holiday in Fev. Any recommendations for nice towns to stay within an hours drive? 

Initial thoughts are York or somewhere a bit more rural with pleasant walks etc. 

Looking at the end of September

Lincoln. I know it's not in Yorkshire, but you want a nice holiday, don't you?

Archived