Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

15-16 Jun: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Wow, I’m over in Toulouse for the weekend, just woke up still drunk after celebrating last night. What a performance  from the lads, quite a few will be playing at a higher level next season I think 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mark said:

Wow, I’m over in Toulouse for the weekend, just woke up still drunk after celebrating last night. What a performance  from the lads, quite a few will be playing at a higher level next season I think 

keep drinking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark said:

Wow, I’m over in Toulouse for the weekend, just woke up still drunk after celebrating last night. What a performance  from the lads, quite a few will be playing at a higher level next season I think 

Really pleased in that result, for the club, Stuart Littler the coach, the fans, but none moreso than Chaiman Andy Mazey.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The championship is a brilliant watch this season, got Fev TV to keep an eye on Leeds duel- reg lads initially, now im proper invested in how Fev do and keep a close eye on everything going on in the championship. Great league.

Waiting expectedly for the best get used to it comments...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Featherstone 8 Widnes 0 at half-time. Fairly scrappy game in wet conditions.

Ashley Golding & Luke Briscoe looking in a different class to anyone on the Widnes team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final score is Fev 22 Widnes 4, well deserved win for the home team. Johnstone & Craven went off injured for Widnes, not good news in what is already a tiny squad. Rovers scored one after the hooter had gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big win for Barrow. 21-8 over Fax. Brings Swinton, Dewsbury, and, whisper quietly Widnes into relegation battle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dixiedean said:

Big win for Barrow. 21-8 over Fax. Brings Swinton, Dewsbury, and, whisper quietly Widnes into relegation battle...

Don't think you need to whisper too quietly. Widnes are one point above Barrow and not allowed to make any signings, very vulnerable to any further injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonM said:

Final score is Fev 22 Widnes 4, well deserved win for the home team. Johnstone & Craven went off injured for Widnes, not good news in what is already a tiny squad. Rovers scored one after the hooter had gone.

The Johnstone injury was priceless. Tried to put in a grubby late shot/shoulder charge on Dane Chisholm. Karma 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonM said:

Final score is Fev 22 Widnes 4, well deserved win for the home team. Johnstone & Craven went off injured for Widnes, not good news in what is already a tiny squad. Rovers scored one after the hooter had gone.

If the ref had penalised Widnes for what was a clear obstruction, i.e. two defenders sandwiching the kicker after the ball was long gone, Fev wouldn't have scored that try, more karma!


“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

York, 5th in the table.  Impressive.

Bradford slugged and Mick Gledhill being asked to pass on game plan tips to John Kear through Twitter posters as - ‘.he might listen to the media’!’.

Swinton.  

All happening in the Champs!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been waiting all season for York’s bubble to burst but they keep plugging away. Time will tell if they finish in the top 5 but of the 10 games left only 3 are at home


sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done, Leigh. That show was very impressive. The Leigh pack were relentless and Gareth Hock has definitely still got it.

We got a good old fashioned aaahhs kicking. Leigh were bigger than us, faster than us and, most disappointingly of all, wanted it more. I thought only Ross Peltier, Matt Garside and Ethan Ryan did themselves full justice.

A few of our players need a rest to recharge the batteries. We need to give a few more youngsters a game or two and the return of Webster, Greeen, Evans and Hitchcock can't come quick enough.

 

Edited by Wolford6
  • Like 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Well done, Leigh. That show was very impressive. The Leigh pack were relentless and Gareth Hock has definitely still got it.

We got a good old fashioned aaahhs kicking. Leigh were bigger than us, faster than us and, most disappointingly of all, wanted it more. I thought only Ross Peltier, Matt Garside and Ethan Ryan did themselves full justice.

A few of our players need a rest to recharge the batteries. We need to give a few more youngsters a game or two and the return of Webster, Greeen, Evans and Hitchcock can't come quick 

Thanks Woolford, I would agree that Webster and Green were big misses for your guys as you always looked a little light in the arm wrestle. Was my first time seeing Ethan Ryan in the flesh and he looked dangerous everytime he got the ball.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DEANO said:

Been waiting all season for York’s bubble to burst but they keep plugging away. Time will tell if they finish in the top 5 but of the 10 games left only 3 are at home

Ever the optimist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at all gav. Am amazed how well we’ve done. Long may it continue 


sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Well done, Leigh. That show was very impressive. The Leigh pack were relentless and Gareth Hock has definitely still got it.

We got a good old fashioned aaahhs kicking. Leigh were bigger than us, faster than us and, most disappointingly of all, wanted it more. I thought only Ross Peltier, Matt Garside and Ethan Ryan did themselves full justice.

A few of our players need a rest to recharge the batteries. We need to give a few more youngsters a game or two and the return of Webster, Greeen, Evans and Hitchcock can't come quick enough.

 

Hi Wooly, must have been good for you coming over the west side of the big hill, clean fresh air and all that👍, seriously though I have said it on a couple of occasions this season when I have watched the bulls on TV re Steve Crossley and watching him in the flesh today didn't dissapoint, as a supporter of the Bulls please tell me what you consider he contributes to the team, as the club captain I cannot for the life of me see how he influences the team by example, endeavor or psychologically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Wooly, must have been good for you coming over the west side of the big hill, clean fresh air and all that👍, seriously though I have said it on a couple of occasions this season when I have watched the bulls on TV re Steve Crossley and watching him in the flesh today didn't dissapoint, as a supporter of the Bulls please tell me what you consider he contributes to the team, as the club captain I cannot for the life of me see how he influences the team by example, endeavor or psychologically.

He's a part-timer and he was too ill to play last week; reportedly had lost a fair bit of weight. His nature is such that he'd volunteer to play even if he wasn't fully recovered. Admittedly, he wasn't at all good today but he usually makes loads of yards and tires out defences. You must have caught him on two bad days because he's probably been our best pack player this season, certainly our most consistent.

We are  short on props. Ollie Wilson was sold to Huddersfield and his replacement, Colton Roche, limped off after about 15 minutes last time out. James Green is out for another two months. Liam Kirk looked to be running on empty today ... he's only 22 and has been a regular for 3 seasons; he needs a week on a warm beach to heal the bruises. Ross Peltier missed the first half of the season with his arm in a sling after a shoulder injury; he's a great impact player but, as he's getting back to full power, generally plays less than 40 minutes.

Why Callum Bustin didn't get picked today ... 18th man ... and why John Magrin ... recalled from the Skolars ... was given so few minutes are things that only John Kear can answer.

  • Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trojan said:

If the ref had penalised Widnes for what was a clear obstruction, i.e. two defenders sandwiching the kicker after the ball was long gone, Fev wouldn't have scored that try, more karma!

If Widnes had scored more points than us they'd have beaten us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Wooly, must have been good for you coming over the west side of the big hill, clean fresh air and all that👍,

Actually, your stadium is absolutely top notch though, obviously, the construction was project-led by a friend of mine who lives in Haworth.

The pitch was reminiscent of the luxury axminster carpets that they make in Cleckheaton.

That's C A R P E T ... look it up in the dictionary that is tied to a string in Wigan library.

🤣😉


Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Actually, your stadium is absolutely top notch though, obviously, the construction was project-led by a friend of mine who lives in Haworth.

The pitch was reminiscent of the luxury axminster carpets that they make in Cleckheaton.

That's C A R P E T ... look it up in the dictionary that is tied to a string in Wigan library.

🤣😉

Which we can't play on for 5 weeks while they rip it up 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

keep drinking 

He's talking about the drinking team.


Supporting Rugby League since 1971

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:35, morty said:

the Swinton result has probably cemented Barrows relegation

After that 2nd Home win on Sunday, are you still so down?


Supporting Rugby League since 1971

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

After that 2nd Home win on Sunday, are you still so down?

Wasn't meant to come across as down but just being a realist !! .. We now need to push on but have picked up further injuries and we are losing Jarrad Stack (arguably our best player this season) as he has to back to Aus for a few weeks as a family member is very ill 😞


Lee Morton

 

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...