15 Jun: SL: Catalans Dragons v London Broncos KO 5pm (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/06/19 at 16:00

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ojx said:

Just look at Hull and Catalan's results this season. You can't honestly tell me they are making an effort every week. That is the opposite of being competitive.

Don't you think that maybe because finishing top means nothing, apart from collecting the wheel hub. I know I might be a Dinausor,  but what was wrong with the team finishing top being the Champions, and then we had the Premiership Final at Old Trafford, along with the Championship game. Was it really that bad? Because I thought it was a great Rugby League occasion.

1 hour ago, ojx said:

Just look at Hull and Catalan's results this season. You can't honestly tell me they are making an effort every week. That is the opposite of being competitive.

So 10 teams make an effort every week then, that'd be the vast majority eh? Frankly you talk absolute pony, who are you to judge if players/teams are making an effort on any given week, you're judging by the scorelines aren't you? You don't understand the basics as to why some teams get tonked one week and are handing it out the next.

Inconsistency in sport is not just known, it's pretty much de-facto for most and happens to the best sides in the world at some point or another.

My team have been bloody awful, absolute bobbins, but I don't think it's the lack of intent in effort, it's not just physical fatigue but massively it's mental fatigue/pressure/lack of prep, the latter is down to a multitude of things but mostly down to bad coaching.

48 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Don't you think that maybe because finishing top means nothing, apart from collecting the wheel hub. I know I might be a Dinausor,  but what was wrong with the team finishing top being the Champions, and then we had the Premiership Final at Old Trafford, along with the Championship game. Was it really that bad? Because I thought it was a great Rugby League occasion.

That is exactly what I think, you are spot on.

42 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

So 10 teams make an effort every week then, that'd be the vast majority eh? Frankly you talk absolute pony, who are you to judge if players/teams are making an effort on any given week, you're judging by the scorelines aren't you? You don't understand the basics as to why some teams get tonked one week and are handing it out the next.

Inconsistency in sport is not just known, it's pretty much de-facto for most and happens to the best sides in the world at some point or another.

My team have been bloody awful, absolute bobbins, but I don't think it's the lack of intent in effort, it's not just physical fatigue but massively it's mental fatigue/pressure/lack of prep, the latter is down to a multitude of things but mostly down to bad coaching.

Too many games lessens the competition. They can choose which weeks to make an effort.

Five teams out of twelve making the playoffs awards mediocrity.

13 hours ago, newbe said:

Its not S/L job to promote Broncos, on the plus side London is a fantastic place to live with such a diverse an cosmopolitan culture, most open minded people should embrace this.

It is Superleague's job to attract financial support and market awareness to Superleague, this is why they 'left' the RFL: the Superleague bosses claimed they could do a better job of promoting the Superleague and ensuring its future.  Therefore, they would do well given that the Broncos are in our capital city, to work to attract more investment in London Broncos (which is what I said; I didn't suggest the Superleague boss actually promotes the Broncos).  But maybe the Superleague clubs weren't actually that clued up or interested in promoting the Superleague but only their own individual clubs' interests.

8 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

Could the Broncos go into the schools around the area where they play and give out free tickets. Just to try and get the ground full for Thursday. Or perhaps the BARLA clubs down in dat der london

Skolars have offered free season tickets to Haringey residents.... Not sure how that's gone

It's annoying the Ealing press don't report much about Broncos... They are a local team now

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Skolars have offered free season tickets to Haringey residents.... Not sure how that's gone

It's annoying the Ealing press don't report much about Broncos... They are a local team now

It’s early days but a few have picked the offer up and I think local media including social media do report. The local business club met at NR for instance. The local MP and councillors are supporting too. Skolars have been in Haringey for nearly a quarter of a century now though. 

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Are they though? I thought we had only signed up for three years at Trailfinders?

I said last year that they should sign up for the next 15-20 years.

56 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

Are they though? I thought we had only signed up for three years at Trailfinders?

I said last year that they should sign up for the next 15-20 years.

I guess.... On the bright side we might outgrow it and need to move..... I genuinely think we can stay up now.... Just need to recruit properly this year to replace Abdul/Walker and whoever else leaves

29 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I guess.... On the bright side we might outgrow it and need to move..... I genuinely think we can stay up now.... Just need to recruit properly this year to replace Abdul/Walker and whoever else leaves

Escare and Sarginson would be good signings for London I feel. Not sure Escare would want to live in London, however I think Sarginson is open to a move back South. 

Hopefully London can stay up and build more in Ealing to be getting the crowd we saw v Saints for every home game ie over 2500.

When they can do that, it's probably worth looking at a different location or working with Trailfinders to make the ground a bit bigger. 

Lastly I definitely agree there is a real chance to stay up now. How many points do you think would get a side to 11th at the end of the season? 20 maybe? 

25 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Escare and Sarginson would be good signings for London I feel. Not sure Escare would want to live in London, however I think Sarginson is open to a move back South. 

Hopefully London can stay up and build more in Ealing to be getting the crowd we saw v Saints for every home game ie over 2500.

When they can do that, it's probably worth looking at a different location or working with Trailfinders to make the ground a bit bigger. 

Lastly I definitely agree there is a real chance to stay up now. How many points do you think would get a side to 11th at the end of the season? 20 maybe? 

I think further development of ground not possoble due to the council but not sure... I prefer it there so hope I'm wrong

Sarginson to replace Walker at full back works... need a quality half though as Abdul is gone.... If we stay up maybe Hughes will splash some cash on big signing Aussie....or maybe we just re-sign Sammut who doesn't seem to play much at Wigan.... Though I heard he s up there for other reasons

22 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

Thursday night ... in London ... I leave you with that

Travelling across London ain’t easy at the best of times but people do.  

Every fan the LBs have in London should make the trip in what will be a 4 pointer.

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Travelling across London ain’t easy at the best of times but people do.  

Every fan the LBs have in London should make the trip in what will be a 4 pointer.

Even worse when you work out in Kent and it takes an hour to get home (before the 90 min trip to the ground), I’ll carry on complaining. However the braver contingents from Dover, Southampton or the Essex coast will somehow get there regardless. 

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

12 hours ago, Southern Reiver said:

Even worse when you work out in Kent and it takes an hour to get home (before the 90 min trip to the ground), I’ll carry on complaining. However the braver contingents from Dover, Southampton or the Essex coast will somehow get there regardless. 

I live well out of London and only 40mins from sofa to ground seat.... I drive there and missus/mates drives back.

46 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I live well out of London and only 40mins from sofa to ground seat.... I drive there and missus/mates drives back.

I'm 45 min to a hour depending on traffic. 

Am looking forward to Thursday. My Wife is too, she finds live in person games very watchable but not so much on TV, does anyone else feel like that about watching RL? 

Archived