Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

14 Jun: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Leeds Rhinos
      17
    • Wigan Warriors
      23

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/06/19 at 18:45

Recommended Posts

This will give an indication as to wether the good ship Leeds is being steadied and Wigan will be mindful of being dragged into a real relegation dogfight . To close to call for me I just dont know , I might take a shot Friday morning 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds have managed to snag a couple of wins but I'm not convinced that the corner has been turned. Neither were stellar performances.

Wigan are a poor side, but they do seem to have a bit more resilience than Leeds. I can see them grinding the Rhinos down and winning a low scoring, low quality game.

Leeds 12 - 16 Wigan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds by 30.

It was all in the mind and now they've unburdened themselves with a nilling and with the steadying hand of Agar on the tiller they will start to pump our results in a late surge for the playoffs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, M j M said:

Leeds by 30.

It was all in the mind and now they've unburdened themselves with a nilling and with the steadying hand of Agar on the tiller they will start to pump our results in a late surge for the playoffs.

Leeds winning it from 5th this year would be hilarious. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardaker & Flower added to Wigan's injury list replaced by Escare & Navarette,on the plus side Tautai is out.

Edited by Davo5
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too close to call for me this game. Both teams not playing great (understatement I know) but both teams have the ability to thrash the other. 6 points either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fezantplucka said:

Can't call this either, so just like the green on a roulette wheel, I am going for the long odds on the first draw after golden point extra time.

Ooooh, big shout that. Just a load of awful drop goal attempts would be quite amusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Leeds will gain some confidence and have improved and will continue to improve as the season goes on.

I also think that Wigan's problems are overblown because they are Wigan and they are a better team than people think  only a couple of points from the playoffs. 

Wigan in a decent game for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficult to see anything but a Leeds win. They're at home with the crowd behind them and Wigan are very shaky when things go against them. Wigan could bring back Escare and Sammut which will give them additional pace to an already fast back line. That is Wigan's only hope as Leeds aren't the fastest team around.

Leeds seeing how light Wigan are now up front may well go for up the middle rugby with crash over try after crash over try which was Wigan's undoing at Cas, Wakey and almost at Salford. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

I also think that Wigan's problems are overblown because they are Wigan and they are a better team than people think  only a couple of points from the playoffs. 

People still keep mentioning Wigan and the play offs. They are two points ahead of Leeds who are in a relegation scrap, so I don't think their problems are overblown at all, plus they've picked up almost as many drink driving bans as wins this year!

If they lose on Friday, they are level with Leeds, and massively in the mix for relegation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

Ooooh, big shout that. Just a load of awful drop goal attempts would be quite amusing.

I'd like to see it though.  Would be like a load of kids playing touch until there Parents called them in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't call the game either way - but I fear the talking point might not even be the game itself. The Rhinos took a rather odd decision to re-seed the pitch after the last home game v Cas (where it looked impeccable) as they weren't able to do it last year due to the stadium redevelopment. They clearly anticipated 4 weeks would be long enough for the new surface to grow out fully, but these are the latest pictures and it doesn't look great......

image.thumb.png.367e01a6732e9e6017a97fe60de271df.png

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Southstander13 said:

People still keep mentioning Wigan and the play offs. They are two points ahead of Leeds who are in a relegation scrap, so I don't think their problems are overblown at all, plus they've picked up almost as many drink driving bans as wins this year!

If they lose on Friday, they are level with Leeds, and massively in the mix for relegation.

I would be amazed if Wigan make the playoffs... it would have to be GF winning form to do that  and were they to then a couple of teams would have to play total rubbish to drop out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Can't call the game either way - but I fear the talking point might not even be the game itself. The Rhinos took a rather odd decision to re-seed the pitch after the last home game v Cas (where it looked impeccable) as they weren't able to do it last year due to the stadium redevelopment. They clearly anticipated 4 weeks would be long enough for the new surface to grow out fully, but these are the latest pictures and it doesn't look great......

image.thumb.png.367e01a6732e9e6017a97fe60de271df.png

They do that every year, just skipped a year due to what was happening. And yes it's always just when the pitch starts to look ok after all the unpleasantness that's happened to it over the winter. The club said being knocked out of the cup gave them a window of opportunity to do it in.

I'm actually impressed how quickly its grown back.

 

Edited by M j M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, M j M said:

They do that every year, just skipped a year due to what was happening. And yes it's always just when the pitch starts to look ok after all the unpleasantness that's happened to it over the winter. The club said being knocked out of the cup gave them a window of opportunity to do it in.

I'm actually impressed how quickly its grown back.

 

Yeah I fully get the need to do it annually and even more so as it couldn't be done last year - just appears that it hasn't taken quite as well as Ryan Golding would've hoped. The weather has certainly played a part in that. Hopefully it's perfectly playable tomorrow and just not as aesthetically pleasing, rather than anything else. Sure it'll be fully grown out by the next home game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Can't call the game either way - but I fear the talking point might not even be the game itself. The Rhinos took a rather odd decision to re-seed the pitch after the last home game v Cas (where it looked impeccable) as they weren't able to do it last year due to the stadium redevelopment. They clearly anticipated 4 weeks would be long enough for the new surface to grow out fully, but these are the latest pictures and it doesn't look great......

image.thumb.png.367e01a6732e9e6017a97fe60de271df.png

Well at Least they'll give the Western Terrace a rest when they see this  especially in this wet chilly weather 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:12, Southstander13 said:

People still keep mentioning Wigan and the play offs. They are two points ahead of Leeds who are in a relegation scrap, so I don't think their problems are overblown at all, plus they've picked up almost as many drink driving bans as wins this year!

If they lose on Friday, they are level with Leeds, and massively in the mix for relegation.

I think you will see the table shake out a bit over the next few weeks, when we haven't had too many games and points are all pretty similar, as is the table this year I think a good indicator is points differential. It shows a bit clearer how far off a team is. Hull KR and London are miles behind any other side. To the point where it would need to be a monumental swing to change that. That's pretty much worth an extra point and with golden point its pretty much worth a win. 

That puts wigan well out of danger already imo. I think with another few wins leeds are comfortable aswell. Its very rare that the 2nd bottom team scores 16 points, its virtually unheard of for the bottom team to. 

I think Wigan are safe, and they are only 4 points off from Cas and 6 points from Les Catalans, neither of whom have looked particularly strong or consistent and who would bet against Hull FC going in to freefall? They are an incredibly inconsistent side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to 'Ulls unpredictability I'm on a roll this week, 1 from 1😁  so using the same logic I've gone for a Pies win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for many years a leeds v  wigan match would have filled my week with excitement and enjoyment, but not now

  • Sad 1

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...