14 Jun: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/06/19 at 18:45

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will give an indication as to wether the good ship Leeds is being steadied and Wigan will be mindful of being dragged into a real relegation dogfight . To close to call for me I just dont know , I might take a shot Friday morning 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Leeds have managed to snag a couple of wins but I'm not convinced that the corner has been turned. Neither were stellar performances.

Wigan are a poor side, but they do seem to have a bit more resilience than Leeds. I can see them grinding the Rhinos down and winning a low scoring, low quality game.

Leeds 12 - 16 Wigan

Leeds by 30.

It was all in the mind and now they've unburdened themselves with a nilling and with the steadying hand of Agar on the tiller they will start to pump our results in a late surge for the playoffs.

Too close to call for me this game. Both teams not playing great (understatement I know) but both teams have the ability to thrash the other. 6 points either way.

23 minutes ago, Fezantplucka said:

Can't call this either, so just like the green on a roulette wheel, I am going for the long odds on the first draw after golden point extra time.

Ooooh, big shout that. Just a load of awful drop goal attempts would be quite amusing.

Difficult to see anything but a Leeds win. They're at home with the crowd behind them and Wigan are very shaky when things go against them. Wigan could bring back Escare and Sammut which will give them additional pace to an already fast back line. That is Wigan's only hope as Leeds aren't the fastest team around.

Leeds seeing how light Wigan are now up front may well go for up the middle rugby with crash over try after crash over try which was Wigan's undoing at Cas, Wakey and almost at Salford. 

13 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

I also think that Wigan's problems are overblown because they are Wigan and they are a better team than people think  only a couple of points from the playoffs. 

People still keep mentioning Wigan and the play offs. They are two points ahead of Leeds who are in a relegation scrap, so I don't think their problems are overblown at all, plus they've picked up almost as many drink driving bans as wins this year!

If they lose on Friday, they are level with Leeds, and massively in the mix for relegation.

Can't call the game either way - but I fear the talking point might not even be the game itself. The Rhinos took a rather odd decision to re-seed the pitch after the last home game v Cas (where it looked impeccable) as they weren't able to do it last year due to the stadium redevelopment. They clearly anticipated 4 weeks would be long enough for the new surface to grow out fully, but these are the latest pictures and it doesn't look great......

image.thumb.png.367e01a6732e9e6017a97fe60de271df.png

1 hour ago, Southstander13 said:

People still keep mentioning Wigan and the play offs. They are two points ahead of Leeds who are in a relegation scrap, so I don't think their problems are overblown at all, plus they've picked up almost as many drink driving bans as wins this year!

If they lose on Friday, they are level with Leeds, and massively in the mix for relegation.

I would be amazed if Wigan make the playoffs... it would have to be GF winning form to do that  and were they to then a couple of teams would have to play total rubbish to drop out.

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Can't call the game either way - but I fear the talking point might not even be the game itself. The Rhinos took a rather odd decision to re-seed the pitch after the last home game v Cas (where it looked impeccable) as they weren't able to do it last year due to the stadium redevelopment. They clearly anticipated 4 weeks would be long enough for the new surface to grow out fully, but these are the latest pictures and it doesn't look great......

They do that every year, just skipped a year due to what was happening. And yes it's always just when the pitch starts to look ok after all the unpleasantness that's happened to it over the winter. The club said being knocked out of the cup gave them a window of opportunity to do it in.

I'm actually impressed how quickly its grown back.

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

They do that every year, just skipped a year due to what was happening. And yes it's always just when the pitch starts to look ok after all the unpleasantness that's happened to it over the winter. The club said being knocked out of the cup gave them a window of opportunity to do it in.

I'm actually impressed how quickly its grown back.

Yeah I fully get the need to do it annually and even more so as it couldn't be done last year - just appears that it hasn't taken quite as well as Ryan Golding would've hoped. The weather has certainly played a part in that. Hopefully it's perfectly playable tomorrow and just not as aesthetically pleasing, rather than anything else. Sure it'll be fully grown out by the next home game. 

5 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Well at Least they'll give the Western Terrace a rest when they see this  especially in this wet chilly weather 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Farrell continues his comeback, and Sammut is on the bench.

The two most recent champions of Super League, and they are scrapping about below the plimsoll line of the division. Funny old game, innit?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 12/06/2019 at 10:58, fieldofclothofgold said:

This will give an indication as to wether the good ship Leeds is being steadied and Wigan will be mindful of being dragged into a real relegation dogfight . To close to call for me I just dont know , I might take a shot Friday morning 

Huge game in that context. This morning I would have said Leeds, now I can't decide. Keeping powder dry apart from bets on Newman to score anytime, and under 43.5 points.

Archived