14 Jun: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/06/19 at 18:45

10 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

where was the in-goal judge?

I hope you are not being serious. ?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

There is no in goal judge when there is a video ref.

I honestly never gave it any thought nor registered that they're weren't, but now that you say it, of course it's the case.doh!

Phil Clarke talking his usual Wigan male genitals, both coaches happy with their teams first half performance that tells you all you need to know as to why they are in the position they find themselves in, Myler must have the worst kicking game of any half-back in SL, Hadley spends half of the last 40 mins a virtual passenger yet it takes Tony Clubb after the full-time hooter to attack that area for Wigan, when he beats Ferres for pace on the outside!!!!!!!!

You would be hard pressed to put together a strong side from both of that lot, too many long past their best or never good enough in the first place.

If Newman is to become a decent centre he needs to put on a couple of stone of muscle and stop waving a arm at then giving up on his opposite number.?

12 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Leeds lose Kallum Watkins to NRL and suffer defeat at hands of Wigan

• Leeds 14-23 Wigan 
• Rhinos captain to join Gold Coast at end of month

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jun/14/leeds-wigan-super-league-match-report-kallum-watkins-nrl-gold-coast

thank god he's not coming to Hull, there was chat of that happening, why I don't know given we've got loads of centres and need quality forwards not a player going backwards demanding a large salary.

9 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Leeds lose Kallum Watkins to NRL and suffer defeat at hands of Wigan

• Leeds 14-23 Wigan 
• Rhinos captain to join Gold Coast at end of month

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jun/14/leeds-wigan-super-league-match-report-kallum-watkins-nrl-gold-coast

Thought his interview at the end was telling, said the right words but little conviction in them.

Suppose if the money is right it's preferable to play for a ###### team on the Gold Coast than in Leeds?

8 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Thought his interview at the end was telling, said the right words but little conviction in them.

Suppose if the money is right it's preferable to play for a ###### team on the Gold Coast than in Leeds?

Think it’ll do him good. Seems like he needs a change 

If Ferres was a dog he'd be put down, useless fat slug, if theres a worse player in superleague i hant seen him,  maybe Myler or Suttcliffe run him close, our starting halfs, the worst pair of starting halfs in superleague ...No wonder we'r rubbish.

Really like the look of big Ava though

9 hours ago, northamptoncougar said:

What I don’t get is that Leeds we’re as creative as a blank piece of paper so why when they had two seconds rows on the bench did they put a SR at 6 midway through the 2nd half? Wouldn’t have made more sense to put Watkins to FB and Loloheia at 6?

It certainly would...But theres a reason Agar gets sacked everywhere he goes.

An enjoyable game with both sides struggling to be really good due to absentees and dramatic loss of form by some players. Both looked a lot better than they had earlier in the year. Ok balance Wigan did deserve to win but if Leeds has functioning halves and a fullback they’d have won.

It’s really quite sad to see some international players (albeit some only fringe internationals) struggling for form so badly, and I wish Kallum all the best at the Titans. Can’t see him being a world beater there this year, and I reckon the Titans will wonder why their Brits struggle so much more than those at Canberra. 

10 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Leeds have definitely turned a corner, 6 weeks ago that would have been a drubbing, odd to say but had we not lost Sutcliffe I think we would have won comfortably. Bossed the first part of the 2nd half, lost our way when Sutcliff went off, Smith isn't a half at this level, Myler struggles massively when the pressure is one him which Wigan could do as we had no other options on the last tackle plays. 

Wigan will grind out a lot of results and I wouldn't back against them squeaking in to the top 5, but Leeds are showing a bit more where they are, If Watkins going is because Maloney or Hastings are coming in its a side not too far away. 

Maloney is contracted until the end of 2020, are Penrith looking to offload him?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 hour ago, Allora said:

Maloney is contracted until the end of 2020, are Penrith looking to offload him?

Thats been the rumour for a while, not sure how true it is or how desperate they are to offload him.

I usually wouldnt be in favour of throwing big money at a player Maloneys age, but we'r desperate for a half like him, and i mean desperate, Myler and Suttcliffe are beyond shocking.

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Its lucky for Leeds that the Robins and Broncos will lose today otherwise they would really be in the mire.

If all 12 teams were brilliant and full strength... would it be right to relegate one of them?

13 hours ago, dkw said:

2 mediocre sides playing out a very low quality game, sad to see. 

yep, but then I guess the salary cap doing its job in preventing the more financial sound clubs buying themselves all the best players.  Thus somewhere along the way some of the "top clubs" must by virtue of the salary cap be at the "wrong end" of the table and not as good as could be.

13 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

Thats been the rumour for a while, not sure how true it is or how desperate they are to offload him.

I usually wouldnt be in favour of throwing big money at a player Maloneys age, but we'r desperate for a half like him, and i mean desperate, Myler and Suttcliffe are beyond shocking.

He is on a £437,000 pound a year contract with Penrith.

Do Leeds have £600,000 pounds a year to convince him to start again in another country ?

Maloney also hit back at suggestions he had been linked to Leeds in the UK.

"As far as I'm concerned, I've got another year still here," he said.

"I've got every intention of playing that out.

"I'm enjoying my time out here and I've got every indication that the club is happy with me here."

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/james-maloney-still-has-origin-hopes-denies-links-to-super-league/10xoyxi2l9mz71xxcxbqj0mzcd

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 hour ago, Allora said:

He is on a 437,000 pound a year contract with Penrith.

Do Leeds have 600,000 pounds a year to convince him to start again in another country ?

Dont know, like i said, the rumours been doing the rounds ror a while, not sure how true it is.

17 hours ago, DavidM said:

Wigan won’t care if it’s pretty or not , they’re right back in the mix

Do you really mean that ? That was a very good line up from Wigan last playing like they didn't know eachother. Totally un Wigan like. They beat a very poor clueless Leeds at times by a few points ( the last try was a joke). The consolation for me is Wigan are going to win as much as Leeds this season **** all, although we could get the wooden spoon lol.

3 hours ago, Allora said:

He is on a 437,000 pound a year contract with Penrith.

Do Leeds have 600,000 pounds a year to convince him to start again in another country ?

No idea but I guess could have someone on a short term, as in until end of season, contract or loan if suited the player and both clubs - even sharing salary.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Do you really mean that ? That was a very good line up from Wigan last playing like they didn't know eachother. Totally un Wigan like. They beat a very poor clueless Leeds at times by a few points ( the last try was a joke). The consolation for me is Wigan are going to win as much as Leeds this season **** all, although we could get the wooden spoon lol.

if wigan had had a full side out i think they would have seen off leeds big time, and if we ever get everyone on the field at the same time we will do some damage.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Archived