Sign in to follow this  
EagleEyePie

Another Wigan player...

I am glad that the club is presumably taking a harder line on these misdemeanors but the cynic in me can't help but think it depends on the quality of player involved. Tautai has never really excelled in a Wigan jersey and been very average so is no loss.

It's a pity though because he is a lovely person off the field and would be the last person you'd expect to be caught. However you have to face the consequences of your actions. Drink does make people do what they wouldn't ordinarily do but this isn't a first offence and the club are doing the right thing.

Mullen was effectively let go, as has Tautai now. We can’t sack Hamlin yet as the UKAD investigation is working its way through the system. Hardaker was not on our books when he (yet again) messed up. Joel was let go. Bateman was banned for a long time. Aside from Hardaker, we have been firm across the board. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Mullen was effectively let go, as has Tautai now. We can’t sack Hamlin yet as the UKAD investigation is working its way through the system. Hardaker was not on our books when he (yet again) messed up. Joel was let go. Bateman was banned for a long time. Aside from Hardaker, we have been firm across the board. 

He was training with your squad, he may not have been on the books, but he was part of your club 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Apart from Bateman, who didn't leave, every one of those players was bang average and/or the club saw it as a great excuse to get rid and free up space, like Tomkins. You are also only refering to incidents that make the press not ones swept under the carpet, which happens at all clubs to be fair.

1 hour ago, Barry Badrinath said:

He was training with your squad, he may not have been on the books, but he was part of your club 

Could we have sacked him even if we wanted to? I haven’t seen his contract so don’t know. 

On 15/06/2019 at 10:20, Hullfan said:

Easier to get rid of a player of tautai's quality or lack of it. Dilly fingers will be got shut off no problem, as for Bateman assaulting a team mate, what was the truth in that?? 

I told you so!!! 

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Could we have sacked him even if we wanted to? I haven’t seen his contract so don’t know. 

Of course they could, he was a controversial signing, who was already supposedly on thin ice.

2 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Of course they could, he was a controversial signing, who was already supposedly on thin ice.

I hadn’t realised we had an employment lawyer on the forum.

19 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Only part time, the rest of the time im chuck norris' stunt double.

Seeing as Chuck Norris is 79 years old, what stunts do you do for him?

A hair-raising ride up the stairlift?