james harrison

tms

Featherstone Rovers are pleased to announce that James Harrison has signed a two-year extension to his contract which will see him remain at the LD Nutrition Stadium until the end of the 2021 season.

The 22 year-old started his career at Batley Bulldogs, and joined Rovers prior to the beginning of the current season. He won the Bulldogs' Coaches Player of the Year in 2018. Harrison made 58 appearances for Batley after making his debut back in 2016, and spent three games on loan at Oxford in the same year.

Featherstone Rovers Head Coach, Ryan Carr said: "He's got a really big future ahead of him, he has really impressed here on and off the field and the boys love playing with him.

"I've been really impressed, He's had a few injury setbacks along the way, but he's worked hard to get back on the field and he's starting to reap the reward for it now".

Harrison said: "I'm delighted, it has come around pretty quickly. I'm really enjoying my time here and I can't think of a better place to spend two more years.

"I've learned a lot this year, especially under Ryan, who's been great with me. When the opportunity came to stay under a coach like him and a club like this, I couldn't say no to it".

He is the son of former Featherstone Rovers, Great Britain and England representative Karl Harrison.

James Harrison is proudly sponsored by Chiorino, an Affiliated Company of the Chiorino Group, a worldwide leader in the production of Conveyer and process belts, power transition belts and more.

Archived