Toronto (A)

Wakefield Ram

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

The crowd size will be interesting...this is really the first inclement weather we have encountered since the very first game, plus the controversy surrounding 'The Comment' will certainly be a factor.  This game, and the size of the crowd are actually really inportant and will give all rugby league fans a true snapshot of the Toronto franchise and where they are right now....it is a true test of the entire concept.

I believe this is one of the biggest games in the history of the franchise for the above reasons.This is a big game for the franchise.

You're playing the mighty Rams, of course it's a big game.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

You're playing the mighty Rams, of course it's a big game.

Its going to be tough...lets just hope there is not going to be any headbutting.

On 12/06/2019 at 23:36, Blind side johnny said:

I don't believe that Sykes will be travelling - just like last year.

I hope that those players who are able to jump through the hoops enjoy the experience and do the club proud. Equally I trust that the small but dedicated group of fans have a great tim

35 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Head butting?

Never go head to head with a ram..I've heard of it being done...not a good idea.

Had a buddy who raised sheep and was lambing...helping a ewe in the barn to give birth.....was bent over...woke up in the straw quite a bit later after being head butted by the ram while leaning over...knocked him out for quite awhile....he never saw it coming...never go head butting with a ram...you lose every time.

Off to the game now....a long drive...so you there...

16 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Knowles asn’t travelled over.

It’s on sky but the red button which I can’t get for some reason ☹️What number channel is sky sports mix?

The channel number depends on the television provider you use, e.g. Sky has Mix on 121 and Virgin on 520. 

Perhaps I should not have put “one and all” as you have to have a dish or cable; it is not available on Freeview.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Getting massacred. But TWP playing very well. Half-strength team nowhere near enough and Rob Worrincy cannot mark to save his life. How can you play 300 games and be unable to mark your man? Oh and having to listen to Phil Clarke's drivel just makes it worse.

Now you know how Rochdale felt!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Well I got my wish - we scored. I wish Phil Clarke would keep some of his comments to himself and it wouldn’t have done him any harm to give us a bit of credit instead of constantly lauding Toronto.

With six or seven players making only their second or third appearances, I think the lads did as much as they could and, whilst not happy with final score, I have to admire  the effort put in by the lads. It’s most unfair that the circumstances do not allow teams to select their top players.

I have to question their final try; didn’t they knock on?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

That's right it was the final try that did it!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Proper thumping that was. The sooner the wolfpack sod off to super duper league the better. How can the rfl seriously expect a pat time team to travel all that way and give a cash riddled club a competitive game of rugby, it's a total joke. Shame on them!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

Proper thumping that was. The sooner the wolfpack sod off to super duper league the better. How can the rfl seriously expect a pat time team to travel all that way and give a cash riddled club a competitive game of rugby, it's a total joke. Shame on them!!!!!

come on..WP dont make the rules they play the game as did the Rams. all you can ask so no joke just effort. where's the shame in that?

4 hours ago, 9' oller said:

That's right it was the final try that did it!

That was one nice try that Dewsbury did score though...real pretty from start to finish.  I like the way that Trout guy plays....

2 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Don't be too hard on your boys...they did their best but were outmatched on the day.   A few miscues on defence cost them...they really stiffened up at the start of the second half and had some nice hits.

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Don't be too hard on your boys...they did their best but were outmatched on the day.   A few miscues on defence cost them...they really stiffened up at the start of the second half and had some nice hits.

Kayakman, Dog forever is a supporter of our greatest rival, that lot from Batley and I’ve no idea to which club he refers as “cash riddled”.

I agree with him however about part time teams not being able to compete when the full time  opposition has many players from Super League.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Lets be right that performance from them would have put 2 or 3 teams in S.L to the test. They were deffo on a mission probably putting in one in for their ex chairman. All those additions can fit in the team but adding so many at one go makes it difficult.A few little gems shone through yesterday looking good for the future.Fair play to the lads kept trying to give it ago.Hopefully no injuries and we can look to leigh and Widnes.

Can’t fault the effort of all the players we were never going to get near them when 8 or 9 players couldn’t  travel for various reasons. Plus they flew home last night as the players are back in work tomorrow morning. Anyway we move on and focus on teams we’ve got a realistic chance of beating,I hope.

Credit to the team for never giving up. Difficult for any team to go there at half strength and compete. The visa thing is a talking point. I know one of The Rams players couldn't go because he got ###### up and arrested in Spain a few years ago. Will it be the same for SL teams next season? Imagine a SL play off game over there and telling a team like Wigan or Saints that you can only take half your first team with you. Anyway on a plus point there was some promise from some of our young players.

20 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Can’t fault the effort of all the players we were never going to get near them when 8 or 9 players couldn’t  travel for various reasons. Plus they flew home last night as the players are back in work tomorrow morning. Anyway we move on and focus on teams we’ve got a realistic chance of beating,I ho

When they are playing in Toronto they are very often up against reserve part time teams who have just made a long haul flight. The difference will be if they are made to travel every other week to this country then they wont look so good. Incidentally they almost came a cropper at Dewsbury and Featherstone. That in itself is a proper yardstick of their capabilities.

On 13/06/2019 at 14:29, Blind side johnny said:

Why are you asking me? I don't make the rules.

If clubs were dependent upon income from gate money alone then there wouldn't be much RL being played in this country though, would there?

You are indeed right BSJ and when the central funding which Championship and Championship 1 clubs get  stops at the end of 2021 which is not very far away then sadly I am afraid we will see a few clubs die.

Archived