Team for Coventry

Town utd

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be strong. 

Possibly Olstrom, Rooke, Lancaster, Dawson, Barnes and Mellor all pushing to get back in too. 

That makes 23 with only Miller out 

Healthy options there. 

Coventry just lost there best player to Newcastle so I'm going for a good win, 38-14 and a cracking atmosphere at Reds. 

21 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Should be strong. 

Possibly Olstrom, Rooke, Lancaster, Dawson, Barnes and Mellor all pushing to get back in too. 

Healthy options there. 

Coventry just lost there best player to Newcastle so I'm going for a good win, 38-14 and a cracking atmosphere at Reds. 

Somebody said Scotty had left the building??  Very sad if true - the kid came back from injuries that would have seen lesser mortals opt for the quiet life. Never gives less than 100% and persevered when he was frozen out by the previous coach.  

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Somebody said Scotty had left the building??  Very sad if true - the kid came back from injuries that would have seen lesser mortals opt for the quiet life. Never gives less than 100% and persevered when he was frozen out by the previous coach.  

I was coming out of Tescos tonight saw him in his training kit coming out of Reds ground at 9ish ???

8 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

I was coming out of Tescos tonight saw him in his training kit coming out of Reds ground at 9ish ???

Good on him, players are going to have to train and fight for there places, so literally we have Miller out long term only. 

Can see us getting on a roll

4 hours ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Good on him, players are going to have to train and fight for there places, so literally we have Miller out long term only. 

Can see us getting on a roll

You'd like to think so. Totally different scenario from 3 or 4 weeks ago when we went with 1 sub to Hunslet. Competition for places should be making for good training sessions. Hope we can put on a show at Borough Park on Sunday 

14 hours ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Should be strong. 

Healthy options there. 

Is that the Aussie half back?  

Looking at the photos from training this morning looks like Olstrum, Dawson, Barnes and Mellor were all present. Obviously doesnt mean they are all fully fit to play tomorrow but bodes well for the coming weeks.

Could be some disappointed players who dont even make the 19 let alone the 17!

Pretty good all round today. I thought Fieldhouse was superb. Like the one before he got injured. Tyler was very good. And I'm starting to enjoy seeing stevie in the 2nd row. 

Well done. Build on that for what will be a tough game next week. 

Really enjoyed that today. Excellent being so close to the action and the pitch looked excellent. For parts of that  we played a really good game with a lot more shape to our attack and some really intelligent kicking. Thought Jamie had his best game for a while and stevie was very good. Liked the look of Calvin Wellington as well he looks like he could be a good acquisition.  If we keep improving every week we can hopefully be in the mix at the end because we certainly look like a well coached team now when we start to play. 

I like Wellington in attack but id like to see a bit more in defence.

Also for the first game this season it felt a bit more comfortable on the flanks.

The referee was fair on both sides and took no prisoners however I think we need to turn up the tempo next week?

Any idea where Hopkins was? He hasn't really pushed on as I thought he would.

8 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Really enjoyed that today. Excellent being so close to the action and the pitch looked excellent. For parts of that  we played a really good game with a lot more shape to our attack and some really intelligent kicking. Thought Jamie had his best game for a while and stevie was very good. Liked the look of Calvin Wellington as well he looks like he could be a good acquisition.  If we keep improving every week we can hopefully be in the mix at the end because we certainly look like a well coached team now when we start to play. 

The new Stadium (hopefully goes ahead)will be about the same distance to the pitch,great for atmosphere.  As a Reds fan seeing Town for the first time this season I really enjoyed the game. Will most likely be back next week. UTT

Archived