Team for Coventry

Town utd

18 minutes ago, townie88 said:

What did he say?

On Radio Cumbria he seemed pleased with the performance, especially in the second half where they played at a standard that he expects. Spoke very highly of Jamie Doran's performance.  He's very much aware of the defensive weaknesses and was disappointed with 2 of their tries. Chris is a fantastic coach and we should try everything to keep him.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, havenhater said:

I like Wellington in attack but id like to see a bit more in defence.

Also for the first game this season it felt a bit more comfortable on the flanks.

The referee was fair on both sides and took no prisoners however I think we need to turn up the tempo next week?

Any idea where Hopkins was? He hasn't really pushed on as I thought he would.

Totally agree regarding the edges. It's as strong as we have looked in the centre/wing positions all season. I think having stevie defending a bit wider makes a difference to. Nice ro see Bolton get over for his 1st try to. 

If we perform to that standard next week. I'd expect another victory. 

It was a bit odd being so close to the action but I really did prefer it to DP. Hopefully we can push the 1000 mark next week.

Good to see the team spirit and confidence returning, all contributing, great return for Mellor good to see new signings getting on score sheet, JD excellent, and as has been said Scholey really looks the part as a  2nd rower, and what a brilliant conversion to finish off the match. 

Excellent win and we played really well in patches, there were a couple of soft tries conceded but it shouldn't detract from the performance. Thought Stevie and Ryan were our stand outs today, and it looks like we will be a force again in the second half of the season injuries allowing and shouldn't fear anyone.

The reds experience was different and not at all bad, although they must think we are all hooligans when you can't walk around the ground with your pint, which is just ridiculous! That apart a good day all around.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

19 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

the drink issue is down to the police  they objected to us being allowed to drink on the terrace, and put this restriction in place.

Is there a lot of trouble or rowdiness on the terrace at the football then for this to be in place? Surely if you need to drink you will go to the bar and down your pint which will cause more issues than drinking at a leisurely pace where you want to stand, sometimes I'm sure the police make it up as they go along. I heard stewards talking at magic weekend about how good it was to allow drinking in the stands at Anfield and it was a stupid rule that has no effect banning it during football games as folk just turn up half cut then down a couple at half time.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

Ryan's two tries were top drawer but I'm more impressed with Perry every time I see him. Give him any kind of space and he breaks or scores. Excellent kicking game today , next week should be good.

Agree - we are a much better side with Singleton there. He is so strong and full of options including a tactical kicking game.   For me the jury is still out on whether Wellington is an improvement on Rooke and I thought Blain Marwood might have made the bench. Nevertheless a good high scoring win and to complete the joy Charlo's champs got beat?

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

Ryan's two tries were top drawer but I'm more impressed with Perry every time I see him. Give him any kind of space and he breaks or scores. Excellent kicking game today , next week should be good.

Would be even better if he looked out side him, winger free several times but chose wrong option.

Having said that his defence is outstanding

21 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Agree - we are a much better side with Singleton there. He is so strong and full of options including a tactical kicking game.   For me the jury is still out on whether Washington is an improvement on Rooke and I thought Blain Marwood might have made the bench. Nevertheless a good high scoring win and to complete the joy Charlo's champs got beat?

I was hoping it wouldn't get mentioned on here tonight Sandy just to prove we don't give a fup about their results ?...... But seen as you brought it up ????????????????

2 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Agree - we are a much better side with Singleton there. He is so strong and full of options including a tactical kicking game.   For me the jury is still out on whether Wellington is an improvement on Rooke and I thought Blain Marwood might have made the bench. Nevertheless a good high scoring win and to complete the joy Charlo's champs got beat?

When did rooke ever play centre???  So comparing him to Wellington is ridiculous. Other than cain and ell that was about as strong as a 17 as we could field. Bolton is looking a good find, and yes he is an improvement on rookie, same with marwood, should he make the bench over Declan? Not a chance 

on another note, fieldhouse was unplayable today, how narrow let him go is beyond me 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

2 minutes ago, wonky said:

When did rooke ever play centre???  So comparing him to Wellington is ridiculous. Other than cain and ell that was about as strong as a 17 as we could field. Bolton is looking a good find, and yes he is an improvement on rookie, same with marwood, should he make the bench over Declan? Not a chance 

on another note, fieldhouse was unplayable today, how narrow let him go is beyond me 

Centres and wingers have always been interchangeable, even in Town line-ups and certainly in sides much further up the food chain. As for Blain Marwood you seem confident in judging him negatively based on the few (try scoring) minutes he has been afforded .Ryan Fieldhouse is undoubtedly a class act and I too wonder why "narrow" let him go...........

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I too wonder why "narrow" let him go...........

I know a lot of people that ask that.

As for Blain, I have never sen him but he certainly has the genes. His dad and his brother ( whom I really rate) have been proof that you don't have to be big to be good.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Newcastle v haven was a belting game with 7 min left and 2pts in it radio sheep dip in their wisdom went over for the end of the Barrow game. A game that was over as a contest. You couldn't make it up. ?

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Newcastle v haven was a belting game with 7 min left and 2pts in it radio sheep dip in their wisdom went over for the end of the Barrow game. A game that was over as a contest. You couldn't make it up. ?

Come on mate they haven’t won a league game in a while so fairs fair ?

I also thought maybe Marwood from the bench for the last 10 mins when Doran seemed to me to be tiring but then Penky is always an option as we've seen before and I don't think anyone could have confidently predicted that scoreline so Marwood might have been a bit of a luxury I think though in the end our forward domination was relentless.

33 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

I don't think its a negative view Wonky has Sandy. Marwood is a talent but at the moment O'Donnell is the better player

I suppose the difference is that O'Donnell is on loan and Marwood could become a permanent signing if he's given a proper chance to show his worth. 

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I suppose the difference is that O'Donnell is on loan and Marwood could become a permanent signing if he's given a proper chance to show his worth. 

That's true, albeit I get the impression we might have O'Donnell for the season at least given who hes found himself behind at Leigh but Marwood could be the future replacement for Penky or Buffer. oh for the days of an A team.........

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

3 hours ago, gillmeister said:

I don't think its a negative view Wonky has Sandy. Marwood is a talent but at the moment O'Donnell is the better player

It certainly wasn’t. We’re 3 points off automatic promotion, given a good run of results we can easily get there. So we simply have to play our best 17 everyweek, and Declan is a top quality hooker, one you would hope we could persuade to replace penky next season. As for Scott rooke, he couldn’t play centre in a million years, he’s undersized as a winger never mind at centre 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

28 minutes ago, wonky said:

It certainly wasn’t. We’re 3 points off automatic promotion, given a good run of results we can easily get there. So we simply have to play our best 17 everyweek, and Declan is a top quality hooker, one you would hope we could persuade to replace penky next season. As for Scott rooke, he couldn’t play centre in a million years, he’s undersized as a winger never mind at centre 

Only 1 team gets automatic promotion the winners , the rest are in the playoffs think Oldham will win it personally be nice for us if you beat them next week 

Archived