A permanent home for the club in Oldham

Hollinwood

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club hasn't a pot to p in. So I doubt that there will ever be any type of owned home ground. 

I think that having a competitive team playing week in week out is more of an achievement at the moment. 

In honesty the first goal is to fill whitebank week on week. As the business model is not sustainable on crowds of less than 500. That's not achieved most weeks. 

But the marketing company are doing their best at least the advert is out a couple of days before game day. That hasn't happened all the time this year 

Fields new road playing field,2 RL pitches on the field,owned by the RFL,leased to hollingwood ARLFC, 5mins from junction 21/22 of the m60,500m from 2 metrolink stops..

A joint venture between the trust,council & RFL would be able to access funds/grants to build a community,pro & amateur  RL facility..

That's the only viable place in oldham to build anything to do with RL..

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

The club can barely function let alone set out plans for its own facility. It's not going to happen especially on the current attendances. It's really sad to think that 25 years ago we had our own ground etc and look at us now.

Pie in the sky currently, its not a story peculiar to our club though. Lots of clubs are struggling mind you our attendances are probably among the worst in the league. 

I know we have the smallest ground in league in terms of capacity, shame this as we are also the oldest club in the league by some distance! 

One of the biggest reasons for poor attendances at Whitebank is its locality. Without transport it's almost impossible to get to there on a Sunday afternoon, it's in an area that doesn't have a RL tradition and the ground has to be the worst in professional RL.

If money was available! the ground has to be on the north side of Oldham, as near to Watersheddings as possible, or possibly the old Higginshaw gasworks site.

Any thoughts about going to Boundary Park, for me, is a definite NO! The place is soulless with three sides closed with only 1000 spectators there.

Sadly all pipe dreams. Our great club will just limp along until the inevitable and I feel this will be sooner than later with sooperdooperleague now in control of monies coming into the game. Many great clubs will go to the wall because the RFL just don't give a damn.

The last 25 years of Oldham rugby league has been upsetting to say the least. Ground gone,club gone. New club lifts off but the years of a nomadic existence haven't done it any favours. The big question is- Is rugby league even relevant in the town. Stagnation and isolation have been a big turn off for fans as the attendances have seen. We were one of the club's who created the game for crying out loud. Crying shame,that's what it is.

16 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

The last 25 years of Oldham rugby league has been upsetting to say the least. Ground gone,club gone. New club lifts off but the years of a nomadic existence haven't done it any favours. The big question is- Is rugby league even relevant in the town. Stagnation and isolation have been a big turn off for fans as the attendances have seen. We were one of the club's who created the game for crying out loud. Crying shame,that's what it is.

Couldn't agree more I'm afraid. 

Don't know how or even if things will ever improve, which is very depressing 

last accounts 31st oct 2017 fixed assets £1.745

creditors due in one year £334.108. ie. thousands.

accounts 2015 fixed  assets £125.896.

creditors due in one year £442.687.

accounts 2016 fixed assets £2.068.

creditors due one year £341.834.

so between 2015 and 2016 creditor/creditors where paid £80.853 ?

6 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

It'd be interesting to see just how much the club is or isn't worth.

The club, or anything else for that matter, is only worth what some one is willing to pay for it. So, at this moment in time, that's nothing. Quoting published accounts is irrelevant tbh. They are just for accounting and tax purposes and tell you nothing about the current state of affairs. 

3 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

The club, or anything else for that matter, is only worth what some one is willing to pay for it. So, at this moment in time, that's nothing. Quoting published accounts is irrelevant tbh. They are just for accounting and tax purposes and tell you nothing about the current state of affairs. 

are you serious that audited accounts filed at companies house are not fit for purpose.

if so then in your expert opinion tell the supporters what your estimated value of Oldham rlfc 1997 ltd is.

2 hours ago, tandle said:

are you serious that audited accounts filed at companies house are not fit for purpose.

if so then in your expert opinion tell the supporters what your estimated value of Oldham rlfc 1997 ltd is.

As an accountant the club value is a £1. If you look at Bury & Bolton their problems have been caused by the debt owed to people outside the club, our debt is probably all owed to CH or previous directors who haven’t demanded their money back. 

3 hours ago, tandle said:

Who said they're not fit for purpose? Try reading my post and you'll see i state the purpose of those accounts. As for the value!? Again I state quite clearly, they are worth what CH is willing to sell and someone else is willing to pay. Which at this moment in time is Zilch, zero , nada, nowt. The only thing of value is the licence to run a professional rugby league club and the experience of the owner himself.  

The  problem for anyone wanting to buy the club, is that you get to the point of seeing the accounts, current balance sheets day to day costs and sign confidentiality agreements and then nothing, the club hides under a rock. 

For me the only way that the club will sell is if the owner of say the Boston red socks and Liverpool fc, I think, comes in and buys the franchise and moves Oldham to Boston, Boston roughyeds and or Boston bears. 

Mr H gets his pound of silver, no more Oldham and the rugby league world gets rid of Whitebank

Think the stags, think Oldham and the rest of the struggling teams

1 hour ago, clifford said:

The  problem for anyone wanting to buy the club, is that you get to the point of seeing the accounts, current balance sheets day to day costs and sign confidentiality agreements and then nothing, the club hides under a rock. 

For me the only way that the club will sell is if the owner of say the Boston red socks and Liverpool fc, I think, comes in and buys the franchise and moves Oldham to Boston, Boston roughyeds and or Boston bears. 

Mr H gets his pound of silver, no more Oldham and the rugby league world gets rid of Whitebank

Think the stags, think Oldham and the rest of the struggling teams

We could offer CH the central funding payments for a number of years ( if it exists for L1 with the new TV deal) and replace the money by growing the fan base  and cost control. Ultimately we need to see the Profit & Loss account to see were the money is being earned and spent.

At the end of the day he won't sell his club to anyone. It's been proven before so the conversation will be just conversation. Apparently he was reluctant to show Bill Quinn the accounts when he was involved,so that should tell us something. 

Archived