Peoples march?

troutmaster

Really good turnout for the march for the stadium,I estimated around 3 to 4 hundred amassed in the hub.I was pleased to see quite a few ex councillors including Alan smith,I had hoped some councillors from the new Council would come down and see, and hear, what the people of Workington thought about their input but never seen anyone around.I left the march at that point and went to tesco but joined the march in the cricket ground, and to be honest there seemed more people had come to the ground than what left on the march.I spoke to some people about the march and their biggest regret was non of the new councillors showing face,i think it would have been better for them to show up and listen to some of the views of the marchers,but all i was told that they hadn't got the guts to show face..

28 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Really good turnout for the march for the stadium,I estimated around 3 to 4 hundred amassed in the hub.I was pleased to see quite a few ex councillors including Alan smith,I had hoped some councillors from the new Council would come down and see, and hear, what the people of Workington thought about their input but never seen anyone around.I left the march at that point and went to tesco but joined the march in the cricket ground, and to be honest there seemed more people had come to the ground than what left on the march.I spoke to some people about the march and their biggest regret was non of the new councillors showing face,i think it would have been better for them to show up and listen to some of the views of the marchers,but all i was told that they hadn't got the guts to show face..

I wish I could have been there with you guys...I really do!

Keep fighting...don't give up!

Great turn out from fans from both professional clubs . Great to see support from general people of west Cumbria. The whispers are that all is not lost and events like these can only help encourage the right decision to be made. Utt.

Councillor Horsley (I think that's his name) was there I don't know if he's for or against tho, but ye a good turn out considering the short notice to get this arranged, I was encouraged by the turn out,   well done town/reds for attending and the organisers. 

Just now, Hate the rec said:

Councillor Horsley (I think that's his name) was there I don't know if he's for or against tho, but ye a good turn out considering the short notice to get this arranged, I was encouraged by the turn out,   well done town/reds for attending and the organisers. 

Sorry and the cricket club for letting this take place. 

45 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I wish I could have been there with you guys...I really do!

Keep fighting...don't give up!

Now that would have been a long march. You can be there in spirit 

Would it be a idea that all the local amateur clubs, both youth and open age Football and Rugby send a letter of support in to the council for the stadium, also the youth and open age league committees, this should help in my view.

40 minutes ago, JMB said:

Would it be a idea that all the local amateur clubs, both youth and open age Football and Rugby send a letter of support in to the council for the stadium, also the youth and open age league committees, this should help in my view.

It important to get the kids out...that changes the dynamic since no politician wants to look bad in front of kids...plus it holds them accountable to all age groups (if you get a flotilla of babies dressed in various team garb the press will want to come and do reports).......good luck with this.

10 hours ago, Town blue white said:

I was there good turnout, should get in star and social media. Well done all that took part 

It's going to be very interesting to see how the n&s report it, could tell us a lot about them. 

Archived