Peoples march?

troutmaster

18 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Councillor Horsley (I think that's his name) was there I don't know if he's for or against tho, but ye a good turn out considering the short notice to get this arranged, I was encouraged by the turn out,   well done town/reds for attending and the organisers. 

Councillor horsley (and also his fellow seaton councillor joe sandwith ) are so far up councillor jenkinsons backside they share the same passport photo. His presence there was to report back to jenkinson. They are against a new stadium. 

Ive a feeling we will end up with some office buildings and a stand that backs onto it. Probably with 3 open ends. Hopefully I’m wrong.

anyone who has read the business case would see that it stacked up long term, however in his drive to discredit anything that the previous regime had planned  councillor jenkinson will almost certainly try to get it knocked back.

20 minutes ago, Rango said:

Councillor horsley (and also his fellow seaton councillor joe sandwith ) are so far up councillor jenkinsons backside they share the same passport photo. His presence there was to report back to jenkinson. They are against a new stadium. 

Ive a feeling we will end up with some office buildings and a stand that backs onto it. Probably with 3 open ends. Hopefully I’m wrong.

anyone who has read the business case would see that it stacked up long term, however in his drive to discredit anything that the previous regime had planned  councillor jenkinson will almost certainly try to get it knocked back.

Unfortunately i agree. If they go ahead with the original plans now it will prove that their pre election scare mongering was 100% lies told to win their seats.

I think most of them would like to go ahead with the stadium for the good of the area and for future generations but they cant without showing their true colours. Probably why Mr Jenkinson has had such a low profile since the elections.

27 minutes ago, Rango said:

Councillor horsley (and also his fellow seaton councillor joe sandwith ) are so far up councillor jenkinsons backside they share the same passport photo.

That’s a good one . I’m gonna note that to use sometime in the future !

4 hours ago, Rango said:

Jenkinson seems to be the go to man and yet he trailed in a long way behind both of the others in seaton and scraped past the labour candidate. The reality of how we need to progress quickly has really hit home to me this week, looking at the pictures from the Wigan game at borough park, 33 years ago,I had just left school and will be 50 this year yet seems like yesterday, get some facilities built for the next generation 

How old is derwent park by the way? 60+ years old? And has had nothing more than several licks of paint in that time?

Bill Shankley opened the lounge at borough park in 1980 and I'd guess the only upkeep in there, is a hoovering of the carpet every so often.

Desperate times! Never have we needed the new stadium more.

13 hours ago, townie88 said:

How old is derwent park by the way? 60+ years old? And has had nothing more than several licks of paint in that time?

Bill Shankley opened the lounge at borough park in 1980 and I'd guess the only upkeep in there, is a hoovering of the carpet every so often.

My old man reckons it was about 1954 when my grandfather put the first seed down on Derwent Park. 

14 hours ago, townie88 said:

the shankly is pretty tidy, but small. my mate decorated it top 2 bottom about 3 years ago I think it was. but said pull back the paper and its dropping to bits 

20 hours ago, Rango said:

Have you asked Danny his view or just assumed? 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

4 minutes ago, townie88 said:

What improvements has the place had in the 63 years? New seats and a lick of paint? 

Plus........Squash courts built, and then demolished along with adjoining bar(s)...Media area increased at back of stand...Dressing rooms re-furbished.....Floodlights.....Crush barriers....Electronic scoreboard....Toilet block next to scoreboard...Pete's Bar...lots of paint......but all looking worse for wear as time takes a usual toll........time for a new arena for sure.....fingers crossed on that.

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Have you asked Danny his view or just assumed? 

Yes I have asked his view. And he regularly gives it in the pack horse at seaton. He’s against the stadium and any development along the derwent.

Just been reading the article on the N&S regarding the stadium. Positive talks have been had between the RLWC & the new council which is rather reassuring. Due for discussion on 28th June.

The interesting bit is the N&S saying our friend Mr Jenkinson has now had view of previously unpublished documents. And current members of the council have had a 'change of heart'.

Fingers crossed that all the hard work and endeavour to apply pressure, and get the stadium done has not been in vein

6 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Just been reading the article on the N&S regarding the stadium. Positive talks have been had between the RLWC & the new council which is rather reassuring. Due for discussion on 28th June.

The interesting bit is the N&S saying our friend Mr Jenkinson has now had view of previously unpublished documents. And current members of the council have had a 'change of heart'.

Fingers crossed that all the hard work and endeavour to apply pressure, and get the stadium done has not been in vein

Don't let them off the hook...they are nibbling...need to set the hook next....keep the pressure on, now it actually the critical time.

14 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Don't let them off the hook...they are nibbling...need to set the hook next....keep the pressure on, now it actually the critical time.

Got to agree. The council need to share the outcome of the discussions ASAP after their meeting on the 28th June. It still requires pressure from the local community to push this through

If Mrs Fitzgerald and  Mr Jenkinson and the rest of the Independent party ,after seeing the business plan realise this is to good of an opportunity to miss out on .Go ahead with the development , rather than stopping it. In my life time I have seen  The Steel works,  Chapple Bank Foundry,  High Duty Alloys, Eastman . all with large work forces,   plus many other smaller businesses close , Building this complex will bring Employment into the Area  plus the Impression it will give to other Businesses, that Workington is a Town  with Ambition . Another reason why this should go ahead  ,is how many of your Children , relatives,  and friends Children have left the Area because of the  lack of EMPLOYMENT opportunities . Don't keep this Town in the dark ages  look to the future .  

On 16/06/2019 at 13:31, Rango said:

Yes I have asked his view. And he regularly gives it in the pack horse at seaton. He’s against the stadium and any development along the derwent.

Are you sure he's against it? 

Screenshot_20190621-092241_Facebook.jpg

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Well hopefully all the nay sayers have had a change of heart now that they have actually taken the time to look at the project properly, instead of spreading misinformation in the local elections. Anyone with a modicum of common sense and a basic grasp of business can see this is a fantastic opportunity not only for the two sports clubs but for the whole of allerdale.

sadly for the councillors who lost their seats on the back of supporting the stadium it’ll be four years until they can try for re-election.

3 hours ago, Rango said:

Well hopefully all the nay sayers have had a change of heart now that they have actually taken the time to look at the project properly, instead of spreading misinformation in the local elections. Anyone with a modicum of common sense and a basic grasp of business can see this is a fantastic opportunity not only for the two sports clubs but for the whole of allerdale.

sadly for the councillors who lost their seats on the back of supporting the stadium it’ll be four years until they can try for re-election.

A couple of deserved resignations would pave the way for by-elections..............?

Archived