Headingley redevelopment

Is the headingley redevelopment completed? Are the 2 stands behind goals to be redeveloped? Otherwise it seems a lot of time, money etc to develop 2 stands with a small increase of capacity. From an outsider a ground to suit, Leeds rl, Leeds ru & Leeds united would have suited all parties

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, kev p said:

Is the headingley redevelopment completed? Are the 2 stands behind goals to be redeveloped? Otherwise it seems a lot of time, money etc to develop 2 stands with a small increase of capacity. From an outsider a ground to suit, Leeds rl, Leeds ru & Leeds united would have suited all parties

Isn’t there an issue with the houses behind the open terrace? ie No chance of redevelopment without paying silly money?

12 minutes ago, kev p said:

What is the increase incapacity from “old” to “new “ headingley

There isn't. I think it's gone down, in fact.

The quality of seats on offer is better so that can charge more though, plus (a lot) more corporate capacity.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

As a season ticket holder at Spurs, the change in capacity, co operate etc & open to other events due to sliding pitch Astro/grass really opens up more funding. Ground share with Leeds ru (which I believe they do anyway), & Leeds united in one stadium would suit all. Brisbane stadium stages all  3 codes, but not sure who owns stadium, prob local authority. Due to franchise as opposed to club structure 

• So does the redevelopment generate more income from less capacity? Including the expenditure? Do they generate extra income from test match next door, like they do at old Trafford, cricket/football with hospitality/parking etc

8 minutes ago, kev p said:
  • So does the redevelopment generate more income from less capacity? Including the expenditure? Do they generate extra income from test match next door, like they do at old Trafford, cricket/football with hospitality/parking etc

When you buy a new car do you expand the capacity or keep the capacity the same but upgrade to a newer model with better / newer features and comforts?

1 hour ago, kev p said:

From an outsider a ground to suit, Leeds rl, Leeds ru & Leeds united would have suited all parties 

What point is there in developing a ground fit for a club with 1,000 crowds which would also be suitable for a club, from south of the river, who get 30,000 crowds? Such a ground would also have killed Leeds RL's financial advantages stone dead.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

What ever way you look at it 13,600 against Wigan will be causing a few palpitations at Headingley, what can they expect next season against Swinton??

I'd be surprised if there were that many in. They could have easily accommodated the few sat in the Carnegie Upper in the many, many empty seats in the North Stand and "South Stand". The atmosphere has been killed stone-dead too. The classic SS used to be a bearpit against Wigan, now it's a tiny knot of people and the band and you can barely hear them (they try their best though, bless 'em). It's more like Huddersfield than Leeds and the ###### up Friday night crowd have ###### off

Still, the corporate facilities are great so I hear. And so they should be if they've been subsidised by charging people £37 to watch a game of RL in a deathly silent, sparsely populated stadium. 

3 minutes ago, Gorbals said:

I'd be surprised if there were that many in. They could have easily accommodated the few sat in the Carnegie Upper in the many, many empty seats in the North Stand and "South Stand". The atmosphere has been killed stone-dead too. The classic SS used to be a bearpit against Wigan, now it's a tiny knot of people and the band and you can barely hear them (they try their best though, bless 'em). It's more like Huddersfield than Leeds and the ###### up Friday night crowd have ###### off

Still, the corporate facilities are great so I hear. And so they should be if they've been subsidised by charging people £37 to watch a game of RL in a deathly silent, sparsely populated stadium. 

Like many football clubs if they could convert most of the stadium to corporate areas on the back of selling them they wouldn't hesitate to do so.Your regular fan is a inconvenience to be suffered in many cases, only tolerated because they buy most of the tat that clubs sell as merchandise, yet give away to corporate clients?

It does look a really good stadium, well three parts of it.

So for away fans it doesn’t really matter how pretty & nice the other three stands are, and perhaps for some Leeds fans as well who stand at the scoreboard end.

Do Leeds allocate a seating section for away fans. I might be tempted if it wasn’t  too expensive, but i could see it being £27 which isn’t cheap if there is someone like me on a poor-ish wage. 

50 minutes ago, Sparse Attendance said:

Do Leeds allocate a seating section for away fans. I might be tempted if it wasn’t  too expensive, but i could see it being £27 which isn’t cheap if there is someone like me on a poor-ish wage. 

Not allocated, but there are plenty spare. £36 behind the goals (£30 in the wings) and £32 along either sideline (thankfully only one block now charges the mental £37 they thought they could charge!). £20/£22/£24 for kid's seats

Bear in mind there's a booking fee, or a matchday tax if you pay on the day, so you can add a couple of quid onto those prices

10 hours ago, kev p said:

What is the increase incapacity from “old” to “new “ headingley

I think the capacity now is about 20k although I don’t think anyone really knows the official capacity. I think the highest it’s been in SL is 23K when the south east and south west corners were filled in

12 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Do people ever read this forum? We had a similar thread not so long back. Various other topics seem to get rehashed every couple of days.

You do realise it’s not compulsory to contribute to a thread.

The only slightly interesting point in this thread is that Leeds don't send seating tickets to away clubs. With, currently, surplus seating capacity in the north stand I don't understand why a batch of tickets at the western end of that stand weren't sent to Wigan, I'm sure there would be some takers.

The North and South stands were virtually 100yrs old,then had to be replaced.The cost of maintaining them was enormous.

Leeds make more money from hospitality/corporates than anyone else by far.Headingley is booked up nearly every day with weddings,birthdays,dinners,parties etc.

As usual,people with no knowledge or information telling others what to do.

p.s. they will probably make more money from the Aussie Test Match via the North Stand,than last nights game!

Archived