Stealing the ball.

On 15/06/2019 at 08:57, cookey said:

Anyone else getting tired of players continually trying to steal the ball in the tackle.Most teams seem to have one player who wants to spoil the game by constantly attempting to steal the ball.

Last night Sam Powell must have done it half a dozen times.I suspect it's a deliberate ploy by the coaches/player,as more often than not it happens on the first tackle.If they get away with it,they win the back the ball.If not and are penalised,they lose little as essentially the tackle count restarts.

In my view this needs to be stopped asap as it's ruining the game.If it was down to me,one warning to a player,next offence,yellow card.Ofcourse,then you get the team with the ball,trying to get a specific player sin binned.Alternatively,seven tackles from a penalty,like the 20m restart.One has to stop players believing it's worth while to constantly steal the ball/spoil the game through penalties.

At times I thought I was watching a union ruck.... It was incessant contesting for the ball particularly last night.... Weird 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

but again, they could do this because of the defensive structures, techniques and quality of the time. 

Again with the defensive structures in today's game how does Conner do it ? the only reason it's been coached out of the game is the obsession and fear of losing possession.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 16/06/2019 at 23:18, scotchy1 said:

Because the defenders can't steal the ball. 

As you say, coaches fear losing possession, if you allow ball steals with multiple tacklers involved then you will see a greater chance of losing possession and coaches will look to minimise that, they will do that by getting attackers to find the ground quickly to complete the tackle and by stopping players promoting the ball for an offload. 

Class players could do even when they could steal the ball, and do you mean finding the floor quicker than they already do, FFS what ball players did in the past was stay on their feet so they could promote the ball.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Or players would try to off load before three or more defenders came in. So potentially more off loads, more support play harder to get numbers in the tackle so would be harder to defend which would open the game up. I'm sure players would adapt to whatever rule was changed, the better players adapting quicker than the poorer ones. 

Archived