Gary Thornton

Cardigan Arms

Dear oh dear what a clueless team selection that was. Leaves out two wingers Tom Ashton and Dale Bloomfield and plays Jimmy Watson our fullback on the wing. Plays Reece Dean our stand off at fullback. He then has the perfect opportunity to switch things back round but persists with the clueless Niklas. Time to go Gary you havent got a Scooby. Now doubt we will hear the usual excuses about how unlucky we were. In reality your abysmal team selection cost us the game.

Gary Thornton’s Quote “we’ve turned a corner”   lol.......straight into a wall.

It seems Gary only signs players he’s worked with before, he’s not there to make friends he’s there’s to improve and get the best out of the players. It’s his team this year no excuses, he’s signed mostly championship players and he’s turned them into average league 1 players.

Do we have a kicking coach because our kicking game is very poor, Cain Southernwood’s can’t kick for toffee, no high or diagonal kicks, early in the second half he started to kick short pointless short kicks in to touch. 

Putting Jimmy Watson on the wing was ridiculous?, twice he was caught and put into touch and several times the ball was thrown straight into touch. It’s not his natural position, personally I would’ve played him at fullback and put Sanderson on the wing ( goal kicking ) if no other winger was available. Lack of players.......not when one leaves and two are on loan to Keighley.

Reece Dean is our best stand off ( ? ) but he’s not a goal kicker ?, Danny Nicklas is rubbish , unfortunately Joe Sanderson last year and the few games he’s played this year shows no signs of improvement, he's not fast enough and needs to gain weight, I’d try him at scrum half ? against Raiders, in my opinion Cain Southernwood is overrated simply not good enough. 

How does Mike Emmett get in the team, sorry I need to stop now probably Gary’s ( inbetweeners quote ) FRIEND.

Too many basic mistakes every week, lack of leadership on and off the field.

Romain Pallares on YouTube looks an allrounder ?? was looking forward to him playing against Doni but didn’t happen, let’s hope he’s a winner.

I was told Hunslet's budget this year was greater than Featherstone Rovers, money well spent Mmmmm not sure, time for Thornton and his side kick to go YES, 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Tony F said:

Not surprised to read any of this. The man is an utter fraud and charlatan. I wouldn't want him coaching Thornhill under 10's. 

A disgraceful post, just who has he defrauded? To besmirch a man's character from behind a keyboard is the action of a coward. Why don't you tell him to his face, he's approachable enough?

On 15/06/2019 at 09:43, Cardigan Arms said:

Dear oh dear what a clueless team selection that was. Leaves out two wingers Tom Ashton and Dale Bloomfield and plays Jimmy Watson our fullback on the wing. Plays Reece Dean our stand off at fullback. He then has the perfect opportunity to switch things back round but persists with the clueless Niklas. Time to go Gary you havent got a Scooby. Now doubt we will hear the usual excuses about how unlucky we were. In reality your abysmal team selection cost us the game.

I think you mean Sir Gary!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived