falling behind due to no dual reg

Gus Tyson

Just seen that Swinton have won away in Toulouse, with Wigan's Liam Paisley getting 3 tries.

I feel that as a club we are suffering on the field by having not gone down the dual reg route.

Our defeat away at Rochdale was only due to them being boosted by dual reg players, just look how poor they were when they played at Craven Park with the super league players missing from the side that beat us down their place.

I hope we look at the experience we had from some of the signings we made, particularly Hock and how unprofessional he was whereas we could have had a young kid, like Paisley on dual reg who would put the effort in for us each week as he's got something to prove.

38 minutes ago, Gus Tyson said:

Just seen that Swinton have won away in Toulouse, with Wigan's Liam Paisley getting 3 tries.

I feel that as a club we are suffering on the field by having not gone down the dual reg route.

Our defeat away at Rochdale was only due to them being boosted by dual reg players, just look how poor they were when they played at Craven Park with the super league players missing from the side that beat us down their place.

I hope we look at the experience we had from some of the signings we made, particularly Hock and how unprofessional he was whereas we could have had a young kid, like Paisley on dual reg who would put the effort in for us each week as he's got something to prove.

Only just getting a player in now has had a massive impact it was obvious after the first 6/7 games charnock wasn't the answer at 7. I'm sure we'll keep going until the end of the season but it looks like we need to work on getting our better players nailed down onto contracts for league 1 as all contracts are void when we inevitably get relegated 

Personally  I would rather lose with our own players than win with DR. It is a disgraceful sop to SL teams who must be laughing their socks off at clubs allowing theirselves to be used to keep their players fit.

1 hour ago, UpTheRaiders said:

We may not have a club if the rumours of league 1 funding being pulled after this current TV deal are true 

Some clubs actually voted for it❗Turkeys and Christmas come to mind. ?

Barrow will keep battling a way with there own team,if barrow go down,go back to signing local players who play with pride lots of good lads town an Whitehaven have spotted Furness area players, Wilkes, singleton,Walsh, Bolton an marwood ,then Wilkinson dowsett at Whitehaven?

Archived