Rob Worrincy

Wakefield Ram

I think that all Dewsbury wingers over the past ten years have had the same tendency. It is probably due to the second row and centre on the same side failing to drift sufficiently.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Why put a status up about one player? 

Only one of our current wingers can feel complacent about their defensive abilities this year (and  let's face it, for a few previous ones), and I don't thing he's had a meaningful game this time. Wonder how Worrincy would have fared if he had been outside Ryder ? It's much more difficult to make  defensive judgement calls without a proper centre inside you, and Worrincy hasn't had one all season. Anybody know what Halliday has done wrong to not get a call up, even when we were scratching around for players ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

Anybody know what Halliday has done wrong to not get a call up, even when we were scratching around for players ?

Tom dislocated his shoulder about a month ago whilst on loan at Doncaster '

14 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Why put a status up about one player? 

Because he gave TWP three walk-in tries by not staying on his man. Whilst it didn't affect the result on Saturday, other teams will have spotted this and given Swinton look on the up and Barrow are now just two points behind, not sure we can afford this sort of defensive lapse. If he'd done it once, I wouldn't have posted it. 

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 08:47, Wakefield Ram said:

Do we think LG can coach him to stay on his winger? Watching the replay, he's let in three tries so far.

Are you discounting the try he scored giving us 4 more points than what we would have had if he wasn't on the wing?

Yes he did score, but it was a simple catch and put down which Adam Ryder made for him. If you want to give him credit for that, it makes him minus two tries. If you've seen the game, you might want to look at Paul Sykes reaction to the first try down his wing.

It's a team game - one player never wins a match, nor does one player alone lose it. If we were to spend every week discussing the limitations of individual players in any particular game then it would be a poor reflection upon us as supporters.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I see on Twitter he's reached 200 games

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I see on Twitter he's reached 200 games

About time that you updated PM, it's 300.

53 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

If Rob get's you 20 tries a season,  he'll cost you 20 tries a season. Nice bloke but that's where he's at. ?

I always thought that watching him at his other clubs.

It’s great watching the occasional length of the field breakaway try. Not so good watching him lose the ball regularly on the 1st tackle. 

rambo.gif

And batley repeatedly brought Alex brown back. He did bag a hull kr super league gig though

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Alex brown was slightly safer under high ball though. I've seen worrincy turn his back

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived