Adam Milner/Jake Connor incident put on report from Thursday night.

Just read a disturbing accusation on social media (yes, I know!) about an alleged incident after Hull's last try last Thursday. I had another look at the slow motion handbags that Sky showed (it's on Youtube) and you can see Connor going mental trying to get at Milner while McMeekin and a couple of other Cas players try and drag Connor away from him. For his part, Milner looks somewhat crestfallen and wants no part in the biff.

Hull fans have said one thing and a Cas fan has responded with the opposite so I hope it all comes out in the wash and whichever player is found guilty, if that occurs, then they deserve punishment.

I'm pleased it's been put on report as, if the accusations are true, I'm hoping the RFL Disciplinary deal with it with a decent ban.

I'm not accusing any player of anything by putting this up, if anyone is curious then have a look on social media, watch the video, and make your own mind up.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The commentary mentioned about it being a bite. According to social media the allegation seems to be that Milner spat at Connor. I haven't seen anything where Connor has been accused of anything. Are the comments you have seen from Cas fans saying that it was actually Connor who spat at Milner, or something else?

Someone posted on Twitter that Connor had been bitten.

A Cas fan then replied with  :

"It was the opposite and if true in my opinion worse than biting. Just when you think Jake can't sink any lower he does.
Quite a few Cas players refused to shake hands with him which is unusual and says a lot"

That's why I was trying to be careful, the Cas fan seemed adamant that Connor had spat at Milner, but if you look at the slow motion video of the biff afterwards, the two protagonists reactions would appear to tell a different story.

After 71 mins and 57 seconds of the actual game time on here :

The video shows Connor walking away indicating to Washbrook to that something has happened to his arm, but there's nothing on it.

I have therefore come to the conclusion that Milner has stolen his watch.   It will probably turn up at a car boot sale in Fryston.

52 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

The video shows Connor walking away indicating to Washbrook to that something has happened to his arm, but there's nothing on it.

I have therefore come to the conclusion that Milner has stolen his watch.   It will probably turn up at a car boot sale in Fryston.

It’ll be sold by now if it was.  I know that photo of Chris Hills bite marks went extremely fast.

3 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Well I wasn't there and the video shows nothing so I wouldn't want to speculate.

Hopefully a misunderstanding.

I don't know about that mate, it shows they're within spitting distance of each other.

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Someone posted on Twitter that Connor had been bitten.

A Cas fan then replied with  :

"It was the opposite and if true in my opinion worse than biting. Just when you think Jake can't sink any lower he does.
Quite a few Cas players refused to shake hands with him which is unusual and says a lot"

That's why I was trying to be careful, the Cas fan seemed adamant that Connor had spat at Milner, but if you look at the slow motion video of the biff afterwards, the two protagonists reactions would appear to tell a different story.

After 71 mins and 57 seconds of the actual game time on here :

That video cuts off right at the end when Milner and Conner are approaching each other at the end of the game to shake hands (or not).

I don't have this game on my Sky Plus so can't watch it through... I think what happened there would have been pretty indicative of how serious the incident really was.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

It used to be very rare but now a regular occurrence.

You have to remember that the current generation of players didn’t grow up watching Action movies and playing Streetfighter... it was all Zombie films and teenage Vampire romance flicks.

Teeth are the new fists.

1 hour ago, Curly perm said:

Yeah, biting/spitting isn’t on but anyone else enjoy chief antagonist extraordinaire Connor getting wound up and trying to fight McMeechan and the rest? Losing at his own game. 

It didn't look like he lost to me even though it was three to one, Connor still walked away head held high.

Who knows what went on. Let the judiciary sort it.

However, Connor and we walked away with two points.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

9 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Just read a disturbing accusation on social media (yes, I know!) about an alleged incident after Hull's last try last Thursday. I had another look at the slow motion handbags that Sky showed (it's on Youtube) and you can see Connor going mental trying to get at Milner while McMeekin and a couple of other Cas players try and drag Connor away from him. For his part, Milner looks somewhat crestfallen and wants no part in the biff.

Hull fans have said one thing and a Cas fan has responded with the opposite so I hope it all comes out in the wash and whichever player is found guilty, if that occurs, then they deserve punishment.

I'm pleased it's been put on report as, if the accusations are true, I'm hoping the RFL Disciplinary deal with it with a decent ban.

I'm not accusing any player of anything by putting this up, if anyone is curious then have a look on social media, watch the video, and make your own mind up.

Hopefully Milner will cop a ban.

8 hours ago, Curly perm said:

Yeah, biting/spitting isn’t on but anyone else enjoy chief antagonist extraordinaire Connor getting wound up and trying to fight McMeechan and the rest? Losing at his own game. 

Yeah, I'm sure Connor felt like he'd lost in that situation, having just seen his team score a try that made them 2 scorers clear and holding his own against 3 men. He must have felt very silly...

I'm not sure biting is his own game though.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 hours ago, Damien said:

I don't think I've ever heard as many allegations of biting as I've heard in the last year or so. It used to be very rare but now a regular occurrence.

These days, there's a lot more players who actually have teeth.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

No mention of it on the RFL Disciplinary page when I looked a while ago.

Just handbags then.

16 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Anyone know how wearing gums shields affects the ability to cause damage through even accidental biting. No teeth marks,  surely.

You only wear a gum shield over your top teeth though. Bottom will still leave a mark.

40 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

No mention of it on the RFL Disciplinary page when I looked a while ago.

Just handbags then.

Yes it is.  Type in the Players name and the case comes up with the details.

Couldve been a case of the Cas video being smeared with Ryan Sheridan’s mascara.

Watched the end of the game last night and both players shook hands with both shaking their heads, presumably with some disbelief, wondering how whatever happened, happened.

Good to see.

Archived