v Halifax

750VFR

had to leave 20mins into 2nd half for work, just checked now and seen final result, made up with this.

fantastic 1st half, was worried that try they got at the end could hurt us but no need to worry!!

couldn't fault anyones performance, forwards were top drawer and more than held their own I thought

Laid up and had to listen to the match of the season (so far) on the radio. Great result, it sounds like the defence and game management won it for us. Stack is going to be bigger loss than I thought, have we got someone else we can coach up to go for the kicks at the goal line and the short kick offs? Star perhap? We need to have someone designated for that role.

I have been shouting for Carter to be given a chance for long enough - so pleased he took his opportunity with what sounds like an impressive display. 

Great win Barrow, keep them coming.

A fantastic result today, it has never been more needed. 1 to 17 can be proud of themselves.

The thought of losing stack is a nightmare but family comes first I wish him the best, a phenomenal player showed again today why we miss him so much when he doesn't play. 

Key moment in the game when dallimore got binned, Jake Carter stood up and ran the game for a barrow lad of 20 it was superb to see. He cant be dropped for next week even if we have signed another half. 

Hopefully all can stay fit and hulme is available again so he can step in for stack.

I still have faith let's go away and upset the apple cart next week, c'mon you raiders.

agree with all the comments above...the forwards won the majority of the clashes. great performance

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Cant fault any on them today. Jake Carter was superb ran the game like a half back should. Good kicking game aswell. Thought the forwards all went well, pick of the bunch being Danny M.

Made fax look average at best

Hopefully we can carry it on

Excellent performance today the boys were superb all over the park. Young carter was brilliant too. Huge huge confidence booster and it shows on our day we can beat anyone at home. Shame it’s took this long for us to put that sort of performance together but better late than never! 

Up the Raiders

Well done Barrow. I fancied you to get something today but it's still a disappointment from a Swinton perspective that our win in France hasn't helped us pull away. Dewsbury and Batley both being dragged into it now when they looked safe a few weeks back. Rochdale are gone but its hard to call the second team to go down.

I think I have nothing else to say after a super performance in a classic match. For the first time the backs have been able to play the ball fast and wide and have been fed by the halves. In addition the forwards tackled like trojans. Just a pity for us that Swinton beat Toulouse last night. I would have given MOM to Jake Carter. The gate was again over 1000 and was about 1300.

The points for the bottom 6 Clubs are

Batley    12

Swinton  10

Dewsbury  9

Widnes       8

BARROW    7

Rochdale    2

Some target games left Swinton, dewsbury, batley, Bradford, York, Sheffield. 

I fear the 1895 cup is going to be a hindrance going to Fev, leigh then Toulouse at home in a week is a nightmare asking for injuries. I would generally play some of the u19 not care about the scoreline if we are to risk the likes of susino, Smith, amean in a game like that it would be suicide. Cresta is forever moaning about the injuries we pick up, he has the opportunity to avoid some in that fixture by leaving them out and giving some of the youth a go or trial a couple of amateurs.

10 hours ago, Raider91 said:

Some target games left Swinton, dewsbury, batley, Bradford, York, Sheffield. 

I fear the 1895 cup is going to be a hindrance going to Fev, leigh then Toulouse at home in a week is a nightmare asking for injuries. I would generally play some of the u19 not care about the scoreline if we are to risk the likes of susino, Smith, amean in a game like that it would be suicide. Cresta is forever moaning about the injuries we pick up, he has the opportunity to avoid some in that fixture by leaving them out and giving some of the youth a go or trial a couple of amateurs.

Makes absolute sense what you have said there, hopefully this happens, forget about the 1895 cup and concentrate on the league.

Very good result yesterday. 

Archived