Taxis waiting

phildog

The Diskin out group is back in force and unfortunately a few players aren't helping him out, haven't noticed any forwards of note today; an absolutely atrocious display, error after error, slapdash, dominated start to finish. No positives from this whatsoever,  and I just can't see what is being brought to the table.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant honestly see what matt diskin can do about this abysmally inept display now.....he says that we have to do this and do that this week and blah blah blah....and we never do....but we all know what they are capable of...we've seen it this year!!!!

not top 5 material thats for certain, but better than this pap...?

last week ,and this, some players have just not looked remotely interested or fired up and they have to take that responsibility on themselves.

to be brutally honest i cant be a***d with it now and its just a wait for the end of the season.

same old Batley...but did i really really expect anything else? 

no.of course not.

just glad we haven't got relegated...

like i said on another thread,im done now this year.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

True. The top 5 will massively pull away now but loose 3 or 4 on bounce and your skidding towards trap door.

Nice to see bodies old and new floating about stadium but that's it for positives

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

So, before the game, Diskin is chatting to Senior, and Kim, Jo Cox's sister,  came up to him, and said something on the lines of, you look so relaxed , no pre match stress? He just shrugged his shoulders and continued his chat with Senior. 

He has destroyed the spirit in our club, the spirit that has held us in good stead for so many seasons. I cant recall the ex Batley players in the Sheffield team today playing with so much enthusiasm when they were with us? 

Of course finance dictate we'll probably be never top 5 or so,  but the team of players today should not perform that badly. They looked slow, no idea and played exactly like his attitude when Kim spoke to him. 

It was lovely to see such a big crowd,  but who would want to come back and watch that ,after today? 

Paul the floating fans of our northern rail success and usual boxing day crowd saw nothing today to entice them back.

As for the more in common business were where all the ethnic minorities

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Arriving late I ended up parked on George Street.  Walking back to my car I was surrounded by young Asian lads who had spotted my Bulldogs coat and they were full of enthusiasm and wanting to know if I knew "Paul".  Someone is doing a good job visiting the schools by the sounds of things but translating that to getting them up to the Mount seems to be a difficult ask.

9 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Paul the floating fans of our northern rail success and usual boxing day crowd saw nothing today to entice them back.

Why would you expect them at a RL match?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Why would you expect them at a RL match?

Because the idea behind the event was to show the world that "we" have things in common and one of these was the joining together and attending a rugby match. It would appear that one of the communities weren't the least bit interested in having things in common.

I don't and wont but with this day aimed at cohesion and the community team working their butts off around local junior schools......?

36 minutes ago, batley paul said:

So, before the game, Diskin is chatting to Senior, and Kim, Jo Cox's sister,  came up to him, and said something on the lines of, you look so relaxed , no pre match stress? He just shrugged his shoulders and continued his chat with Senior. 

He has destroyed the spirit in our club, the spirit that has held us in good stead for so many seasons. I cant recall the ex Batley players in the Sheffield team today playing with so much enthusiasm when they were with us? 

Of course finance dictate we'll probably be never top 5 or so,  but the team of players today should not perform that badly. They looked slow, no idea and played exactly like his attitude when Kim spoke to him. 

It was lovely to see such a big crowd,  but who would want to come back and watch that ,after today? 

Diskin's brand of football and motivational skills has led me to have my first season away from the Mount since 1981.  That's how bad it is.  I've got quite a lot of paint to dry I need to watch.

37 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Think they were on the cricket field.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

53 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

Arriving late I ended up parked on George Street.  Walking back to my car I was surrounded by young Asian lads who had spotted my Bulldogs coat and they were full of enthusiasm and wanting to know if I knew "Paul".  Someone is doing a good job visiting the schools by the sounds of things but translating that to getting them up to the Mount seems to be a difficult ask.

Paul who??Community team is Claire and Shiraz. Plus I saw John Humpleby there today.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

17 minutes ago, Chairman LMAO said:

Diskin's brand of football and motivational skills has led me to have my first season away from the Mount since 1981.  That's how bad it is.  I've got quite a lot of paint to dry I need to watch.

i have to say im now considering this next season if things dont change much during this off season.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

There appear to be NO motivational skills!! When they do turn it on it appears to be a player-inspired effort rather than coach-inspired. And now, after hearing his latest after-match diatribe where it still appears to be everyone else's fault, how can he expect those players to turn in for training and have the slightest interest in taking in anything he has to say? Our 6 starting forwards were invisible, even Leaky, which is one for the diary, for 5 of the 9 tries we appeared to be playing with a bar of wet soap, we have backs stepping up to do work the forwards either can't or won't, and any confidence the halves had at the end of last season has disappeared in a cloud of dust. Why is the team so disillusioned and uninspired? Every voice will have it's own opinion, but for what it's worth, mine says that the coach isn't bringing anything to the table, he knows he's brought little to it in almost 3 seasons and I think he knows the experiment is over. The players we have are much better than this and yes they need to take stock of their position, but there are hard workers like Scotty, Leak, Brown, Ward, who could move on and get better results, but keep signing on the dotted line expecting more but not getting the leadership. The time has come, the walrus said, to think of better things....

34 minutes ago, colinb said:

Paul who??Community team is Claire and Shiraz. Plus I saw John Humpleby there today.

Paul wood volunteer

2 hours ago, 9' oller said:

The indigenous populace of Batley is now the minority I think you will find and it will be the same in Dewsbury before long. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, colinb said:

I don't know Colin, just repeating what was asked.  9' oller seems to know.  Whoever it was had done a better job of stoking their enthusiasm than I could manage in the heat of the moment whilst making my way back after this afternoon's efforts.  

Reality check time for Batley fan's

Today you played a team that were far superior to your team,we got thumped in Toronto but we're not moaning about that, sometimes the game is lost before the kick off,and today you got beat at the toss of a coin ,going up hill first would have gave you a glimmer of hope,diskin can only dig holes with the spades he has,get off his back , believe it or not Batley will not win every game sorry to shatter that illusion,and don't even start talking about relegation because it won't happen ,just go support your lads if you win,you win,if you lose its not diskins fault every team is looking for consistency ,Batley were out gunned today pure and simple ,dust yourselves down, support your lads and go again next week.

22 minutes ago, coolie said:

Today you played a team that were far superior to your team,we got thumped in Toronto but we're not moaning about that, sometimes the game is lost before the kick off,and today you got beat at the toss of a coin ,going down hill first would have gave you a glimmer of hope,diskin can only dig holes with the spades he has,get off his back , believe it or not Batley will not win every game sorry to shatter that illusion,and don't even start talking about relegation because it won't happen ,just go support your lads if you win,you win,if you lose its not diskins fault every team is looking for consistency ,Batley were out gunned today pure and simple ,dust yourselves down, support your lads and go again next week.

Eh? They did.

58 minutes ago, boat builder said:

We're coming after you! The Raiders were super today! Think you are safe at your peril! 

who rattled your cage ?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Today you played a team that were far superior to your team,we got thumped in Toronto but we're not moaning about that, sometimes the game is lost before the kick off,and today you got beat at the toss of a coin ,going up hill first would have gave you a glimmer of hope,diskin can only dig holes with the spades he has,get off his back , believe it or not Batley will not win every game sorry to shatter that illusion,and don't even start talking about relegation because it won't happen ,just go support your lads if you win,you win,if you lose its not diskins fault every team is looking for consistency ,Batley were out gunned today pure and simple ,dust yourselves down, support your lads and go again next week.

Coolie, most of us are realistic, and generally understand the lie of the land in this division. However, I think we should expect a committed performance with some element of understanding the basic skills of our game. The issue for me is that it is hard to get any kind of motivation and enthusiasm to watch the team due to our lack of consistency! We can play well, but are not able to string a couple of decent performances together. 

We don't seem to have a playing style, which to me is the coach's and senior player's job to sort out.

Our defence, which has been decent for  a few weeks was really poor today. Our skills of passing and running were even worse, with passes from acting half often being behind the running forward generally stopping his momentum. It was this that i would suggest lessened the impact of our forwards.

As the comments above attest, we are leaking supporters with no sign of an upturn to plug the leak.

Archived