Taxis waiting

phildog

5 hours ago, fredm said:

Because the idea behind the event was to show the world that "we" have things in common and one of these was the joining together and attending a rugby match. It would appear that one of the communities weren't the least bit interested in having things in common.

How many of their community efforts have you attended Fred?

If they have no real interest in RL then I don't see why you would expect them to roll up. For example you could have stayed a game of top level RU with free entry and I for one wouldn't have dreamed of attending, for exactly the same reason. 

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, fredm said:

Because the idea behind the event was to show the world that "we" have things in common and one of these was the joining together and attending a rugby match. It would appear that one of the communities weren't the least bit interested in having things in common.

well the 30 or more asian youngsters seemed very happy and interested playing rugby and cricket for an hour or so before kickoff with some a the younger batley boys players at top end a pitch, each seemed to get a nice kitbag too as a thankyou and it all looked well sorted so pictures in paper. i dont really get why folk knock things just for sake of it when if they had looked round it went quite well/

as for the game, our lads looked like they had been told there not getting paid about 15 minutes into game, totaly out played in every department,we couldent even drop on a lose ball/tackling were naff/out on full/massive gaps for em to run at without even laying an hand on, they reckon ball handlers are hard to find nowadays but that 32 they borrowed from london were brill and looked class within minutes amongst a strange team to him.never seen crookes have a game for us like that same as ainey faz patch,all not good enough for us but ripping it up elsewere. what a waste of a great set a players to have them ruined by the coaching staff time after time and its plain to see they have had enough and are a lot better than what we see at the moment, first time in 35 year or more have gone home with 10 minutes left but it were too much to take when we have seen what they can do.

Appen, when Kevin has to repay the war chest monies he might consider his options? I can't see another 4 wins at this rate!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

The greasey surface in the early quarter killed us but then sheffield managed to grip turn and attack us with ease.

When do we perform v sheffield very rarely. Let's face it that could of been fev or leigh. We are no where near

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

When we start sloppy, we rarely win, look at Doncaster and York away.

We looked lethargic and without energy. Only when JB came on did we look like we had a figurehead to work off. Why does our best player not start from the off???

I love Dom but when the team around him has no energy, he really, really struggles nowadays.

And although I have a lot of time for young Reece, Davey is better. For me too, it’s a sad fact but Crookes, Patch and Joel give Sheffield far more at this moment than Smeats/Wood , Louis and Downes give us. Did we ever see Joel play 80 minutes for us......?

I thought we would win yesterday, we owed them one after the hammering down there, and the nature of the day, but as I alluded to earlier, after 10 minutes the seeds were sown.

17 hours ago, Chairman LMAO said:

Diskin's brand of football and motivational skills has led me to have my first season away from the Mount since 1981.  That's how bad it is.  I've got quite a lot of paint to dry I need to watch.

This is my second full season away after a similar length of time following the club home and away.

Nice bloke is Matt, but I said from day 1 its a massive jump to championship level coaching from where he was, and the gamble has failed.

I heard the interview on radio Leeds with him, and it sounded like the interviews he gave 2 years ago when I stopped going - players not doing what they are told, no passion, they need to take a long hard look at themselves etc etc etc - like a stuck record.

Change is most certainly needed if not now then for next season - we were on the crest of a wave when John Kear left and should have kicked on with an experienced coach, and now we have gone so far backwards its like it was before Karl Harrison took the reins and started us moving in the right direction.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

14 hours ago, distantdog said:

Coolie, most of us are realistic, and generally understand the lie of the land in this division. However, I think we should expect a committed performance with some element of understanding the basic skills of our game. The issue for me is that it is hard to get any kind of motivation and enthusiasm to watch the team due to our lack of consistency! We can play well, but are not able to string a couple of decent performances together. 

We don't seem to have a playing style, which to me is the coach's and senior player's job to sort out.

Our defence, which has been decent for  a few weeks was really poor today. Our skills of passing and running were even worse, with passes from acting half often being behind the running forward generally stopping his momentum. It was this that i would suggest lessened the impact of our forwards.....

You’ll have the consistency back when you play us again I’ve no doubt. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

You’ll have the consistency back when you play us again I’ve no doubt. 

Yup that's true, we'll return to the keystone cops of the championship when were playing next at Batley no doubt lol

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Yup that's true, we'll return to the keystone cops of the championship when were playing next at Batley no doubt lol

trouble is the way we played yesterday shaw cross would a won us,and to be fair it were a strong squad too,something drasticaly wrong when we go from the way we beat fax to yesterday more than once in past few seasons. change should a happened 2 years ago for me.

It’s like they know we ain’t gonna finish top 5 so the seasons over in June I think players aren’t been motivated and etc what gets me is everyone blames money it’s not down to just money it’s down to been coached  and been motivated and wanting to win! ask anyone who played under JK at Batley and they’ll say he could motivate his side every week to win! But it seems we are happy with finishing 9th and not reaching our full potential as a club as a whole, we are established championship club who should be reaching the play offs or just outside not 10 points behind 5th.. we could be dragged into the relegation battle with Swinton & Barrow winning.. Friday is a 4 pointer we must win if not we are gonna get dragged into the battle 

change would be good but I doubt it will happen until the end of season.

Reasonable to assume season is over, all we're doing now us fulfilling the fixtures. 1895 at York will finish it. Rumour from Hali Hali Halifax is Wardy's in their frame. 

16 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

How many of their community efforts have you attended Fred?

If they have no real interest in RL then I don't see why you would expect them to roll up. For example you could have stayed a game of top level RU with free entry and I for one wouldn't have dreamed of attending, for exactly the same reason. 

Wandering off topic, but you make a fair point BSJ.  Most years we receive a small gift at EID from the local mosque and an invite to visit them sometime.  To date I have not taken up the invitation.  So they are reaching out and so far have not had the response from me that their kindness deserves.

3 hours ago, silverback said:

trouble is the way we played yesterday shaw cross would a won us,and to be fair it were a strong squad too,something drasticaly wrong when we go from the way we beat fax to yesterday more than once in past few seasons. change should a happened 2 years ago for me.

I don't agree with that, however poor the performance was yesterday. Sheffield are a good side and have scored a good amount of points against plenty teams this year. The result cements the reality of where Batley are in comparison. 

17 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I don't agree with that, however poor the performance was yesterday. Sheffield are a good side and have scored a good amount of points against plenty teams this year. The result cements the reality of where Batley are in comparison. 

Sheffield are a good side with good players. Their DR player ripped us to bits second half BUT nobody should put 50+ on us at home.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Sheffield are a good side with good players. Their DR player ripped us to bits second half BUT nobody should put 50+ on us at home.

Well we'll give it a go in a few weeks time lol

4 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

difference was plain to see,sheffield want to go places and were well up for it,was it 18 points uphill in 22 minutes, we used to know the boys would do 80 minutes hard graft for the shirt game after game, look how we used to come back after an half time talk with jk and have loads a fire power. now we see the way things should be an handfull a times in almost 3 seasons, have an handfull a players who put a shift in game after game.have never been as fed up with game in a long long time,

This is what Kear had to say about Bradford (in the T&A) who put in a similar display to us by the looks of things.

JOHN Kear says his side surrendered to Leigh Centurions and showed a lack of defensive resolve in a damning defeat against their promotion rivals.

Bradford Bulls succumbed to their heaviest loss of the season, losing 52-20 in their trip across the Pennines.

Kear said: “Well, I think the scoreline says it all, I really do. We had chances, we bombed them.

“But the most disappointing thing was we showed no resolve, no real desire, to defend when the going got tough."

“It’s really disappointing and I feel for the fans who’ve travelled over here. Because that’s just simply not good enough."

“52 points in a game against a team just before the game start two points better than us in the league, it’s just not good enough.”

He added: “We did appear to surrender and obviously we’ve got a character defect, if that’s the case.

“Because this is the second time it’s happened in the last four or five weeks.

“We seemed to surrender at Featherstone, we certainly surrendered today. The scoreline doesn’t lie.”

Despite a thumping on the scoreboard, the visitors did have a host of opportunities in the game, but just weren’t clinical enough.

The Bulls also usually pride themselves on their stoic defence, boasting one of the best points against tallies in the Betfred Championship before the Leigh loss.

Kear admits, it’s that and the particularly the easy gifts of tries in the latter stages of the game that bothered him most.

He said: “It looks like we can’t be bothered to sort of put our bodies in front in an attempt to stop them.

“It’s really disappointing and there needs to be some soul-searching by everyone involved.

“Coaching staff, playing staff and we need to come up with an answer pretty quickly or else we’re going to end up on the outer of what we wanted to achieve throughout the season.”He added: “We’ve come up with errors that have bombed chances."

“We’ve come up with errors that have given them field position.

“We’ve come up with penalties that’s given them field position.

“There’s an instance there. We tackle Gareth Hock, he knocks the ball on, then we push him, why? I’ve no idea why.

“So it’s gone from us having the ball with a scrum to them having a kick at goal and two points. It’s just not smart.

“There’s an element of a lack of composure, lack of smartness, but more importantly to me was that giving in, that surrendering which appeared in the last ten minutes.”

Does it sound familiar? 

By the sounds of that, it isn't just us.

How we can go from the performances we put up against Widnes and Halifax at home, to that monstrosity is beyond belief.

Then again, Radford at Hull, Greenwood at Dewsbury, Houles at Toulouse and Price at Warrington must be asking themselves the same question. As must Kear judging from the article above.

I daresay, most of the critics would replace Diskin with the majority of the coaches listed above.

Do all of those coaches have a taxi waiting too?

22 hours ago, silverback said:

difference was plain to see,sheffield want to go places and were well up for it,was it 18 points uphill in 22 minutes, we used to know the boys would do 80 minutes hard graft for the shirt game after game, look how we used to come back after an half time talk with jk and have loads a fire power. now we see the way things should be an handfull a times in almost 3 seasons, have an handfull a players who put a shift in game after game.have never been as fed up with game in a long long time,

I don’t disagree with that. What I do disagree with is that we lose to an amateur side on current form. 

3 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I don’t disagree with that. What I do disagree with is that we lose to an amateur side on current form. 

yer probably right,but i think any amateur side would put in a better shift then we did sunday and sure want it more,i mean come on we couldent drop on a lose ball when its on floor in front 3 foot away but eagles player gets to ball from 2 meters away twice,stuck out arms for tackles,no interest what soever by at least 8 players sunday,and not first time,have always said i dont want or expect to win every game but we are far better than what we have at the moment all day long,look at all the players that left us and are now playing like turning clock back 5 years,look at some a the players who have come in and on utube looked belting players but after only a few games are now like rookies or have lost interest. cant say no more as i doubt things will change and it will be same old same for another few seasons and i cant watch it no more its garbage,all we do is blame players and for mine its not its the sheer lack of motivation,anyone remember wardys half time winning bonus talks when we were getting wrong side of an hiding,different team second half.

14 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

How we can go from the performances we put up against Widnes and Halifax at home, to that monstrosity is beyond belief.

Then again, Radford at Hull, Greenwood at Dewsbury, Houles at Toulouse and Price at Warrington must be asking themselves the same question. As must Kear judging from the article above.

I daresay, most of the critics would replace Diskin with the majority of the coaches listed above.

The players needed to win both games imagine we don’t beat Widnes we’d of been in the bottom 2.. 

Hull Fc & Toulouse are most unconsistent sides in both division but Radford could of been sacked due to the cricket scores posted I’m sure a cup semi final has saved him 

dewsbury will come good when they have a consistent 17 with Sykes & Finn running the side if they don’t they’ll struggle 

Warrington behave their top 2 and when Clarke or Austin don’t play they’ll lose same with saints when they rest the key players 

three years of the same at Batley has seen crowds drop nothing has changed on field we have gone back.. Karl’s & John work of making us a hard team to beat seems to of gone... Sheffield have never scored 50 at Batley since the league went into 2 leagues.. we’ve thrown the white flag too many times which is sad to see 

19 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

This is what Kear had to say about Bradford (in the T&A) who put in a similar display to us by the looks of things.

JOHN Kear says his side surrendered to Leigh Centurions and showed a lack of defensive resolve in a damning defeat against their promotion rivals.

Bradford Bulls succumbed to their heaviest loss of the season, losing 52-20 in their trip across the Pennines.

Kear said: “Well, I think the scoreline says it all, I really do. We had chances, we bombed them.

“But the most disappointing thing was we showed no resolve, no real desire, to defend when the going got tough."

“It’s really disappointing and I feel for the fans who’ve travelled over here. Because that’s just simply not good enough."

“52 points in a game against a team just before the game start two points better than us in the league, it’s just not good enough.”

He added: “We did appear to surrender and obviously we’ve got a character defect, if that’s the case.

“Because this is the second time it’s happened in the last four or five weeks.

“We seemed to surrender at Featherstone, we certainly surrendered today. The scoreline doesn’t lie.”

Despite a thumping on the scoreboard, the visitors did have a host of opportunities in the game, but just weren’t clinical enough.

The Bulls also usually pride themselves on their stoic defence, boasting one of the best points against tallies in the Betfred Championship before the Leigh loss.

Kear admits, it’s that and the particularly the easy gifts of tries in the latter stages of the game that bothered him most.

He said: “It looks like we can’t be bothered to sort of put our bodies in front in an attempt to stop them.

“It’s really disappointing and there needs to be some soul-searching by everyone involved.

“Coaching staff, playing staff and we need to come up with an answer pretty quickly or else we’re going to end up on the outer of what we wanted to achieve throughout the season.”He added: “We’ve come up with errors that have bombed chances."

“We’ve come up with errors that have given them field position.

“We’ve come up with penalties that’s given them field position.

“There’s an instance there. We tackle Gareth Hock, he knocks the ball on, then we push him, why? I’ve no idea why.

“So it’s gone from us having the ball with a scrum to them having a kick at goal and two points. It’s just not smart.

“There’s an element of a lack of composure, lack of smartness, but more importantly to me was that giving in, that surrendering which appeared in the last ten minutes.”

Does it sound familiar? 

By the sounds of that, it isn't just us.

UBER is your friend.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Maybe they do have taxis waiting and maybe not. Some of those mentioned here have delivered success and/or high levels of performance for their current and former clubs.

Diskin’s three years are nearly up, and he certainly was a good player in his day.

Maybe as fans we should expect very little in the way of competing and simply enjoy the good games when they come along (if we attend at all). Doesn’t sound very appealing, does it?

On 17/06/2019 at 07:45, Piggy's mate said:

Appen, when Kevin has to repay the war chest monies he might consider his options? I can't see another 4 wins at this rate!

Is that you including beating us ???

We're due a win at yours ????

Archived