Taxis waiting

phildog

7 hours ago, Dogstew said:

Maybe they do have taxis waiting and maybe not. Some of those mentioned here have delivered success and/or high levels of performance for their current and former clubs.

Diskin’s three years are nearly up, and he certainly was a good player in his day.

Maybe as fans we should expect very little in the way of competing and simply enjoy the good games when they come along (if we attend at all). Doesn’t sound very appealing, does it?

Good players don't make good coach's

No God given right ???

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, johnny 2 camps said:

He was an average player in a good team !

to be fair to lad, he were far better than average from 8 year old.and sure stood out from 14 onwards, but still dont make him a good coach at the moment.

On 18/06/2019 at 22:06, Keep The Faith said:

The players needed to win both games imagine we don’t beat Widnes we’d of been in the bottom 2.. 

Hull Fc & Toulouse are most unconsistent sides in both division but Radford could of been sacked due to the cricket scores posted I’m sure a cup semi final has saved him 

dewsbury will come good when they have a consistent 17 with Sykes & Finn running the side if they don’t they’ll struggle 

Warrington behave their top 2 and when Clarke or Austin don’t play they’ll lose same with saints when they rest the key players 

three years of the same at Batley has seen crowds drop nothing has changed on field we have gone back.. Karl’s & John work of making us a hard team to beat seems to of gone... Sheffield have never scored 50 at Batley since the league went into 2 leagues.. we’ve thrown the white flag too many times which is sad to see 

I don't disagree with anything you say, I really could not imagine anyone putting 50 past us whilst Kear or Harrison were in charge.

However, Kear arguably has a better squad now, at Bradford, than the one he had here, yet they still got 50 put past them at the weekend by Leigh. He has bags of experience and is unable to stop Bradford from playing like us. Both Houles and Radford have some of the best squads in their respective divisions, yet both are very erratic and inconsistent, is this down to the coaches or the players?

I reckon you have hit the nail on the head with Sykes at Dewsbury. Looking at teams like Leeds, Wigan without O'Loughlin, Hull, Batley, Bradford, Warrington without Austin and Dewsbury without Sykes, none of them have a leader in the squad and really struggle to find consistency. Diskin eluded to this in the recent backchat interview, when he was talking about Watkins' captaincy and the Leeds team he played in, where they had 5 or 6 leaders/captains in that team. Those types of players seem very thin on the ground currently.

It was no coincidence that we looked a completely different side once we signed Handforth, whilst Harrison was in charge. I cannot help thinking, that sort of player is needed again, what a mistake it was letting Patch Walker go.

Problem is, where to find a replacement? Leeds, haven't managed to unearth one since Sinfield retired.

What puzzles me is, how professional players seem unable to pass a ball in to the bread basket or draw their man and pass to a man running on to the ball. These are basics you learn at under 9's, the coach shouldn't have to spell this out to players.  Nor should he have to explain that trying to tackle a big guy around the shoulders, is not a good idea.

49 minutes ago, distantdog said:

But they did, under both coaches I believe.

I’m sure we must have, I just can’t recall them. Even when we played Huddersfield and Castleford in the cup. Maybe the bad memories have been filtered out by my rose tinted specs?? I cannot remember going in to a game expecting it before kickoff, like I do now when we are playing the top teams in the division.

Mind you the gap in funding has never been as wide either.

35 minutes ago, silverback said:

get used to it,am told hes getting another 2 years to finish what hes started.:kolobok_read:

I really hope not.who will want to play for him?......

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

1 hour ago, silverback said:

get used to it,am told hes getting another 2 years to finish what hes started.:kolobok_read:

I sincerely hope you are wrong but at least he'll finish what he has started alright but only  one year not two will be needed to get us into the Division below !!!

I wonder what the excuse will be this year - First Year not his team ; Second Year too many injuries ; This third year excuse is gonna be a belter!!  

46 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Told by who?

someone who thinks were going great guns on our budget.?️‍♂️ i were spechless to say the least with the aount a twists and turns we have had,maybe just another  corner to turn before we click and kick on to stardom. wake me up when its all over.:kolobok_search:

1 minute ago, nineoil said:

I sincerely hope you are wrong but at least he'll finish what he has started alright but only  one year not two will be needed to get us into the Division below !!!

I wonder what the excuse will be this year - First Year not his team ; Second Year too many injuries ; This third year excuse is gonna be a belter!!  

third year, too many fit players to pick from, and dont forget his statment when he got here that batleys only a stepping stone to england job.:kolobok_search:  wardy should a said that.

On 20/06/2019 at 12:15, distantdog said:

Told by who?

"Whom" - just saying!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived