Today ###### again

ipods4ever

9 minutes ago, gandalf said:

Not a Hornets fan but I genuinely don't like to see you suffering like this .

The remaining Hornets fans are a resolute lot, but this latest embarrassment will really test their mettle!  York has had its fair share of doldrums over the years, but have developed into an excellent, hard to beat side.  We can only hope but sadly for now it is an extremely forlorn one.  

1 hour ago, RayH said:

Embarrassing 

Sacking hasn’t worked. Simple as that.

Appreciate Matt needs time and all that talk but come on, signings (apart from Marriott) haven’t showed anything and not improved the lads that aren’t getting picked. Shocking and embarrassing 

4 minutes ago, RLfan99 said:

Sacking hasn’t worked. Simple as that.

Appreciate Matt needs time and all that talk but come on, signings (apart from Marriott) haven’t showed anything and not improved the lads that aren’t getting picked. Shocking and embarrassing 

I can't argue with that. I wasn't there but looking at the teamsheet York shouldn't be 60-0 better than that team we had out. There's obviously something drastically wrong behind the scenes. 

There's obviously something drastically wrong behind the scenes. 

Clearly, our confidence is shot and game worse - which does leave the “politics” - not unusual at Hornets!  It would be good if Matt could update fans on the situation from a playing perspective, but recognise the difficulties he may have!   Personally, I am surprised on the recent signings from a resurgent Swinton.... why release good players?    Our AGM isn’t until 6 July after which we have to hope that a new, but better era will commence....a long 3 weeks at least!   

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

Have to say you were poor. Didn’t look fit to me. Thought 7 and 9 went well

Fitness is what stood out when they played Swinton especially at the Bash when they looked like they had prepared for a 60 minute match and blew up after the hour. Quality costs money and teams can be forgiven for lacking it if their budget doesn't allow but there's no excuse for being unfit. 

1 hour ago, Colin James said:

Fitness is what stood out when they played Swinton especially at the Bash when they looked like they had prepared for a 60 minute match and blew up after the hour. Quality costs money and teams can be forgiven for lacking it if their budget doesn't allow but there's no excuse for being unfit. 

Surely doesn’t help when we have a props on holiday for 2 weeks and then comes straight back into starting line up today!! 

Fitness is obviously an issue but we certainly haven’t addressed it as we’re 7 weeks into the “new era”

12 minutes ago, RLfan99 said:

Surely doesn’t help when we have a props on holiday for 2 weeks and then comes straight back into starting line up today!! 

Fitness is obviously an issue but we certainly haven’t addressed it as we’re 7 weeks into the “new era”

Results seem to be getting worse within those 7 weeks in my opinion, I did say at the time I think Matt had been out the pro game for around 13 years 

The report in today's RL Express is scathing. - " an utterly derisory Rochdale Hornets side who were nothing short of atrocious " sums up the report. I can't recall that sort of comment regarding a Hornets team in the past. I've seen us outclassed by better teams and lose by more points on several occasions but the commitment has never been brought into question to this degree.

Luckily I decided not to go to this match after watching the debacle at Dewsbury. There is no longer any pleasure in watching the present Hornet's team. Like Tyrone I have seen us beaten by more points but felt the side had given it their best shot and so had no complaints. The defeats I can take ((having seen enough of them since I started watching in 1953) but the lack of commitment I can't. Unless I hear of an improvement in commitment then I will not be wasting my time or money travelling to any more matches this season. This is something I never thought I would say.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

" an utterly derisory Rochdale Hornets side who were nothing short of atrocious "

A terrible indictment and very damaging for all aspects of the club, its loyal (& any potential new) followers and not least sponsorship. Lack of playing commitment is sadly self-evident and if it's also something wider it has to be lanced quickly!  Perhaps an EGM will be convened?  

18 minutes ago, glemiln said:

A terrible indictment and very damaging for all aspects of the club, its loyal (& any potential new) followers and not least sponsorship. Lack of playing commitment is sadly self-evident and if it's also something wider it has to be lanced quickly!  Perhaps an EGM will be convened?  

I heard there is some sort of meeting tonight, but like everything else that goes on at this club, no one quite knows what the agenda is.

What a mess the last B.O.D left before jumping ship.  The buffet was eaten and the glory off the back of an investor taken and the cracks papered over.  The diehard fans just want to see a team on the pitch.  The members principle has turned into a modern day version of animal farm with the loss of Spotland and Hornets investment in a cinder track now gone forever.  

2 hours ago, Larry Jones said:

What a mess the last B.O.D left before jumping ship.  The buffet was eaten and the glory off the back of an investor taken and the cracks papered over.  The diehard fans just want to see a team on the pitch.  The members principle has turned into a modern day version of animal farm with the loss of Spotland and Hornets investment in a cinder track now gone forever.  

Absolutely correct Larry, apparently there are two groups on the board who are totally opposed to one another. One of the group's was scathing of Paul Ormerod after his departure and said some disrespectful comments at a recent meeting. Personally I wish he was still on board, it's gone all "ape " since he left.

24 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Absolutely correct Larry, apparently there are two groups on the board who are totally opposed to one another. One of the group's was scathing of Paul Ormerod after his departure and said some disrespectful comments at a recent meeting. Personally I wish he was still on board, it's gone all "ape " since he left.

Massively agree.

All seems very fishy to me, soon as Paul “steps down” , we sack our coach, the media duties all but stop in terms of communication from the camp to fans, outgoing of a lot of players. What the hell is going on.

Everything in the past 2 months has gone backwards.

Massive Shame!

19 hours ago, DEANO said:

Don’t think you were lacking in commitment just fitness and skill

The commitment is there , none of the players want to go on the field and get battered every week . I think that some of the players just aren’t good enough!

As a forward you can only tackle for so many repeat sets before you get tired, it’s the little mistakes that need to be cut out.

forward passes on first ball, kicking out on full, every little kick is too hard and goes out of play, knock ons, bad decisions in final third all this puts pressure back on the team and give the other team a boost.

number 27, 8, and lee Mitchell never stopped trying. The young lad on duel reg was still trying to chase players down after playing a full 80 minutes at loose, so commitment is there , but so are silly mistakes and poor decisions 

On 16/06/2019 at 17:28, gandalf said:

Guys, where's the fight gone?

You had it last year so what's happened ? Not a Hornets fan but I genuinely don't like to see you suffering like this .

Looking at the team listed in the League Express I can only see 3 lads from last years team still playing in this team.

Shame as the core of that team were pretty decent.  They just missed a quality centre to replace trigger when he went to Batley and a old head in the halves to lead the team around. Instead, almost the whole team has been replaced and then replaced again half way through the season.

3 hours ago, Packer Spout said:

Unhappy Club - Board not respected as they wont cough up - put some money down or let new men run the piece - also bring back Paul Ormerod - only one that ever spoke to rank and file - this board will never get the support

Unfortunately, think there was a reason Paul stepped down. Don’t think he’d come back in under current circumstances 

Archived