Today ###### again

ipods4ever

2 hours ago, Sainthamish said:

Looking at the team listed in the League Express I can only see 3 lads from last years team still playing in this team.

Shame as the core of that team were pretty decent.  They just missed a quality centre to replace trigger when he went to Batley and a old head in the halves to lead the team around. Instead, almost the whole team has been replaced and then replaced again half way through the season.

Agreed. If we could of kept massam/Yates/tiara etc we would certainly be in a better spot. Don’t think it helped us not knowing we’re we was gonna be playing our rugby this season till last game of year when some players had already signed elsewhere.

And also the CEO massively cutting the budget for this year, can’t afford those players!

Just watched their highlights on YouTube and our tackling was appalling, York seemed to run through our line with ease and just like last week we were left grabbing the backs of shirts. Defence is one of the things that we are good at but latley it seems to be faling us, we just seem to be leaking points.

12 hours ago, mickhornet said:

Next season will be even worse if we go down.Will be lucky to   survive                                                     

Rochdale have pretty much pressed the self destruct button this season.  Based on current performances Rochdale will struggle to get above the bottom 4 of league 1 next year. With the Sky contract due up at the end of 2021 and rumours that the funding for league 1 will go then it is a worrying time for Rochdale. Hopefully, the club have a plan!

3 hours ago, Sainthamish said:

Rochdale have pretty much pressed the self destruct button this season.  Based on current performances Rochdale will struggle to get above the bottom 4 of league 1 next year. With the Sky contract due up at the end of 2021 and rumours that the funding for league 1 will go then it is a worrying time for Rochdale. Hopefully, the club have a plan!

Selling our best player to Swinton won’t help things either.

Not sure who’s making these recruitment and selling decisions but they are disgusting.

23 minutes ago, peterashton1 said:

You are getting a good hard working player in Kyle Shelford but it definitely seems like you are planning for league 1!

Hope it turns around for you guys!

See you at the Swinton game in a few weeks  

Shelford for Scott Moore?

Jesus.

49 minutes ago, RLfan99 said:

Selling our best player to Swinton won’t help things either.

Not sure who’s making these recruitment and selling decisions but they are disgusting.

Best player? 

That just proves you have not been watching

24 minutes ago, Gavinr said:

Best player? 

That just proves you have not been watching

So your saying Scott Moore isn’t Rochdales most talented player?

And regardless of the answer... swapping him for Kyle Shelford is a good deal? 

If any "best player" dosent want to be at the club he/she is currently at then he will not produce his/her best performance regardless of talent.

e.g If Lionel Messi wanted to go to Real Madrid one day, I would imagine he wouldn't play his best football for Barcelona dosent mean he isnt talented

1 hour ago, Gavinr said:

If any "best player" dosent want to be at the club he/she is currently at then he will not produce his/her best performance regardless of talent.

e.g If Lionel Messi wanted to go to Real Madrid one day, I would imagine he wouldn't play his best football for Barcelona dosent mean he isnt talented

I get your point and to a point I do agree.

Its just not what us fans want to see, Swinton get someone like Scott and we get lads who can’t make the Swinton team. Just can’t see how this makes us better. Hope I’m wrong.

Id be interested to see who’s making these decisions though... Kerr/Hall/Matt?

I honestly cant bring myself to read the amount of negative tripe coming from supporters on the forum. Honestly, reading through this forum, everyone moans and whinges. Seriously this has been coming for months!!!! I don't understand why, week after week, people are still whining about the mess Matt was left with. The players dont particularly like playing and losing. I'm sure they also dont like being slated on Social Media off so called fans. 

Seriously, we knew this was going to happen. Players have left because they have requested to go. Come on, use your common sense. 

This forum is getting boring. Same people, saying the same thing, weekly!!!  Dreadful! 

Go and moan elsewhere. I'm here to support the players and the club no matter what! 

I would be very surprised if any Rochdale supporter was unhappy with Kyle Shelford he has been a regular in the team and played last week in Toulouse, his try against Workington last season turned the match in Swinton's favour. He is a real grafter and has the mobility to play anywhere in the pack - to be honest I don't know why he has left Swinton. I can't remember whether Scott Moore had a good game against Swinton or not and I think the main motivation in doing the deal is to get an experience player into the Swinton team as they are a young side.

I really hope Kyle does well for Rochdale - he will certainly give a 100% every match and tackle till he drops.

49 minutes ago, RoryBel said:

I honestly cant bring myself to read the amount of negative tripe coming from supporters on the forum. Honestly, reading through this forum, everyone moans and whinges. Seriously this has been coming for months!!!! I don't understand why, week after week, people are still whining about the mess Matt was left with. The players dont particularly like playing and losing. I'm sure they also dont like being slated on Social Media off so called fans. 

Seriously, we knew this was going to happen. Players have left because they have requested to go. Come on, use your common sense. 

This forum is getting boring. Same people, saying the same thing, weekly!!!  Dreadful! 

Go and moan elsewhere. I'm here to support the players and the club no matter what! 

Bear in mind that some of the posters in here aren’t Hornets fans - they are bitter and post in here due to other reasons (look on Twitter at previous coaching staff’s activity and postings of you need any clues) 

Wayne’s comments re Shelford sound promising at least 

Gavin, hand on heart, I've never read so much drivel as I have recently on this forum. You seem to post sensible comments as do a few others. HOWEVER, there's the same old few that just drone on and on and on. Can't bare to keep reading it. It's driving me potty. I mean, things aren't difficult to know what's going on. So why oh why, do people like to make a drama out of everything. 

I know players read this forum and over the past months, certain players have been cremated on here from so called fans. Its vile!!!! and those "fans" should be ashamed of themselves. 

Like I said earlier, those whinging posts are getting boring!!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It’s just fans being passionate.

My biggest gripe is how the club is being run. Yes results are poor. But my negativity is mainly from above. Yes Matt is the best man for the job, should of got it at start of year.... or put in the role at end of season. 

Our results wasn’t great but we sack a coach after 10 games. To achieve what? Put Matt in, bring in amateurs and go worse? It’s become an embarrassment since the summer bash. Looks to me as if players aren’t playing for the coach nor the club.

8/9 weeks into the club, zero wins and as a club/team we have gone drastically backwards. Keep the young lad in charge, couldn’t of done any worse and bring Matt in end of year on a blank canvass.

The performances were dreadful under Forster but had no Rochdale connection, just a collection of waifs and strays from around the NW RL community without a team. Add to that, this group of waifs and strays played for a team that arguably weren't even based in Rochdale and no wonder fans were losing interest.

Now we have a team that has a growing connection with the town with a Rochdale coach and Rochdale players who train and play in Rochdale. The performances haven't improved yet but there's evidently a plan which gives you hope of improvement, Matt Calland has come in and spoke nothing but sense, the team aren't big enough or fit enough and its not an easy fix.

I was really hopeful at the start of the season, the effort against Mayfield was worrying but what killed me off was seeing us on TV against Toronto, the physical shape we were in, specifically the shape of our player coach, the leader! Which was pointed out by Brian Carney commentating, looking back in hindsight he was the embodiment of what was wrong with us.

For the first time in as long as I can remember the club appears to have a plan beyond the current season, so as unfortunate as it was I think getting rid of Forster and his staff was completely necessary.

22 minutes ago, Heywood Tiger said:

The performances were dreadful under Forster but had no Rochdale connection, just a collection of waifs and strays from around the NW RL community without a team. Add to that, this group of waifs and strays played for a team that arguably weren't even based in Rochdale and no wonder fans were losing interest.

Now we have a team that has a growing connection with the town with a Rochdale coach and Rochdale players who train and play in Rochdale. The performances haven't improved yet but there's evidently a plan which gives you hope of improvement, Matt Calland has come in and spoke nothing but sense, the team aren't big enough or fit enough and its not an easy fix.

I was really hopeful at the start of the season, the effort against Mayfield was worrying but what killed me off was seeing us on TV against Toronto, the physical shape we were in, specifically the shape of our player coach, the leader! Which was pointed out by Brian Carney commentating, looking back in hindsight he was the embodiment of what was wrong with us.

For the first time in as long as I can remember the club appears to have a plan beyond the current season, so as unfortunate as it was I think getting rid of Forster and his staff was completely necessary.

The first thought that went through my mind when I saw the previous coach coming out onto the field was " Why have we signed Homer Simpson ? " 

If a guy in his mid twenties can't keep himself fit what hope had we got of getting the players fit ?

Sorry to be negative but as my mum says " What can't speak can't lie ".

Agreed with some of the above I have to say. It wasn’t Rochdale. Warrington link is a short term fix that isn’t sustainable but I believe that about DR in general.

Matt keeps talking about fitness and physicality of the squad, why not change the conditioner?

Lets just hope Matt can turn it around, but it’s a result driven business, 8/9 week in the job, zero wins, brought in a lot of players. 

He really needs to get players on his side and playing for the club.

1 hour ago, RLfan99 said:

Agreed with some of the above I have to say. It wasn’t Rochdale. Warrington link is a short term fix that isn’t sustainable but I believe that about DR in general.

Matt keeps talking about fitness and physicality of the squad, why not change the conditioner?

Lets just hope Matt can turn it around, but it’s a result driven business, 8/9 week in the job, zero wins, brought in a lot of players. 

He really needs to get players on his side and playing for the club.

I wasn't in the Matt Calland fan club previously but I honestly can't see any point in not persisting with him at least until next season. I like his attitude and I think he'll eventually get a team of lads who want to play for the club and he'll get them playing his way. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Archived