How far can Featherstone go this year?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, rugbyleaguesamurai said:

6 league games on the trot. Scoring freely and not having much put past them. Great pack with halves and backs of class...How far can they go?

Only Toronto better, on par with any other team so we'll see.

If they stay injury then Fev could win the comp.  No question.  Plus they don't have the added complication of SL teams being involved in the middle eights so the DR and loan players are more likely to remain throughout.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

16 hours ago, rugbyleaguesamurai said:

6 league games on the trot. Scoring freely and not having much put past them. Great pack with halves and backs of class...How far can they go?

Can you be a little more specific. Is it purely featherstone or Leeds reserves you are talking about.

35 minutes ago, TheYoungBaron said:

Fev will beat Toronto in the final BUT the rfl will change the ruling to ensure that the rovers are not allowed to join the super league. And that's from a York knights fan......There'll never be an F in Calder.....

We can but hope. ?

43 minutes ago, TheYoungBaron said:

Fev will beat Toronto in the final BUT the rfl will change the ruling to ensure that the rovers are not allowed to join the super league. And that's from a York knights fan......There'll never be an F in Calder.....

Not all York fans buy into this conspiracy nonsense, of course.

Here we go "Featherstone Rhinos". 

We are playing really well, consistent rugby at the moment, especially after such a poor start / pre season. 

I honestly would say, we are 4th best team in the league behind Toronto, Toulouse and Leigh. 

As for the Wakefield fan sticking it in, enjoy using our training facilities.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

20 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Featherstone are Rhinos B team. When reserves come in next year they will struggle.

If you look at our squad, you'll see that we're only using Leeds to occasionally cover full back, usually one of the wingers and usually one of the centres.

I'm sure we'll be fine without help from Leeds.  Indeed we've performed just as well without the temporary cover as we have when we've had it this season.

39 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

We are playing really well, consistent rugby at the moment, especially after such a poor start / pre season. 

I honestly would say, we are 4th best team in the league behind Toronto, Toulouse and Leigh. 

Ive seen 3 of the 4 you mentioned recently and I would say that Fev probably are the 2nd best team in the league at this point, I think they just pip Leigh for it at the moment. The signing of Chisolm looks like a master stroke. Leigh look a big powerful unit who play good rugby so i think those two teams are close in all honesty though I think all the rest of the teams are some distance behind Toronto but in a one off game do I think either of those teams could beat Toronto in Toronto to gain promotion, without a doubt I do.

18 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ive seen 3 of the 4 you mentioned recently and I would say that Fev probably are the 2nd best team in the league at this point, I think they just pip Leigh for it at the moment. The signing of Chisolm looks like a master stroke. Leigh look a big powerful unit who play good rugby so i think those two teams are close in all honesty though I think all the rest of the teams are some distance behind Toronto but in a one off game do I think either of those teams could beat Toronto in Toronto to gain promotion, without a doubt I do.

Fair comment, sir. 

Really surprised with how your season has gone - but your only a few points off too. Beat Featherstone in 2 weeks and your season is a different story.

Barrow at their place is always tough, no shame in losing up there. They will shock a few.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

I think that's a fair assessment.

I did think Briscoe & Golding were the pick of the Fev players yesterday, so I can see where some of the jibes about Leeds are coming from.

Dane Chisholm has been a superb signing, makes you wonder why he's never been able to perform consistently elsewhere.

From what I've seen, mostly on the TV obviously, Toronto are a cut above Featherstone. Could they beat them in one-off playoff match? Of course they could.

Would they be allowed into SL? That's a great question, and only Lenaghan and McManus know that right now. 

It would be kinda funny if Featherstone got promoted and Leeds got relegated. Would Featherstone start dual reg and send their surplus players to Leeds next season? ?

1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

And nearly our ground (but it was more likely Ram's ground) but hey ho they are sticking with that dump! 

There's one thing this division is too close to call at the moment. I would have thought once a top 5 place is secured then anything else is just a distraction. I must admit to having silly thoughts of getting to the Grand final but I give my head a shake and I'm back to normal.

Archived