How far can Featherstone go this year?

On 21/06/2019 at 13:24, paulwalker71 said:

Am I the only person reading this thread who kinds secretly hopes that Featherstone get promoted this season? Just to see what happens on this forum?

I still think it will be Toronto, but it's not at all an impossible scenario that it would be Featherstone. If it happens that Leeds finish bottom in SL then so much the funnier...

Not on today's performance! 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I don't subscribe to the agenda, but many Fev fans think the RFL want to solve the problem of Fev qualifying for SL by making sure they don't. After Mr Moore's display today they'll be even surer.  It should be possible for a good team to play badly and win.  But not when all the 50/50's go against you.

Are Fev fans so paranoid that they have made up an agenda to moan about?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I don't subscribe to the agenda, but many Fev fans think the RFL want to solve the problem of Fev qualifying for SL by making sure they don't. After Mr Moore's display today they'll be even surer.  It should be possible for a good team to play badly and win.  But not when all the 50/50's go against you.

I completely agree. The good form of Featherstone recently and the annihilation of Bradford, for example, was just made up horseshit so the conspiracy can be fed. Rovers aren't actually that good, but the fans need to believe they are for when the RFL step in.

What's the point in everyone believing it? There has to be naysayers to oppose for when the truth is revealed.

The truth is out there.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

If its all 50/50's then its really not that bad as its obviously possible to flip a coin 10 times and it come up tails every time. Its just variance, you might get all 50/50's next week. ?

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

If its all 50/50's then its really not that bad as its obviously possible to flip a coin 10 times and it come up tails every time. Its just variance, you might get all 50/50's next week. ?

I hope they do , then we can have them the week after ?

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

Let me hazard a guess...

Was Chisholm anonymous today??

Bulls fans will be aware of the pattern. Absolute world-beater for a while, then seems to become anonymous...

Nice that you've already decided on the narrative, but...

Ben McKenna‏ @benmckennaJPI 4h4 hours ago
11’ TRY ROVERS. World class stuff from Dane Chisholm. He takes the ball 40 metres out, steps through the line and then rounds the full-back and has the pace to get over by the posts. 4-6, ktc.

Featherstone RoversVerified account @FevRovers
49' | TRY | Dane Chisholm provides a perfect cut-out pass for Alex Sutcliffe, who touches down for his second of the afternoon!

47 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Are Fev fans so paranoid that they have made up an agenda to moan about?

Some are, yes. ?

I've previously suggested selling tinfoil hats in the club shop, as profit from sales would probably get us enough revenue to go FT. ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

Let me hazard a guess...

Was Chisholm anonymous today??

Bulls fans will be aware of the pattern. Absolute world-beater for a while, then seems to become anonymous...

Far less so than some of the other players. Too many mistakes and a Barrow team who played well was the top and bottom of it. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 01:20, Kayakman said:

Kind words..Thankyou.

I sure hope we can make it up this year but you never know.  Plus many teams will be loading up for the playoffs and that can change an entire teams dynamic.  Taking nothing for granted on this end...we will be ready this year though.

Toe to Toe....Man to Man....Wolf to (Put Animal Type Here)..... we will be ready.

OK.  I go for three-toed sloth.

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

Those who favour the RFL having an agenda were given fuel for their fire today by Mr Moore. Fev played poorly.  Barrow played adequately. They didn't really need to be any better, Mr Moore did the rest. He made two or three decisions that turned the game in Barrow's favour, including disallowing a perfectly good try first half.  Then there were the numerous forward passes he allowed from Barrow.  Having said that Fev were very poor,  First half they knocked on constantly, and kicked out of the full.  Second half they were better first twenty, then fell apart completely, missing touch from a penalty which gifted Barrow a try.

Every time a Yorkshire team loses, one of their fans magically arrives here to tell us their team were very poor but the referee allowed 'numerous forward passes' and 'two or three decisions turned the game'. It's remarkable really.

16 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Phantom, you have quoted two instances of Chisholm brilliance. He used to do that regularly for Bradford and then disappear for the other 78 minutes. Was that the case today for Fev?

He certainly wasn't at his best today, however you'd say that of the other 16 Fev players as well. Half backs generally struggle behind a beaten pack, and I'd say of our two, he probably performed better than Tom Holmes today. 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Losing to barrow at home by 22 points is nothing to do with the referee or a conspiracy. Embarrassing comment.

Based on that result, this thread was a big waste of time. What a good promotion race we have in the championship. Twists and turns every week.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

10 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Phantom, you have quoted two instances of Chisholm brilliance. He used to do that regularly for Bradford and then disappear for the other 78 minutes. Was that the case today for Fev?

I thought that was what most good scrum halfs do. ?

12 hours ago, fairfolly said:

LOL, he's a Championship half back, there are only a handful of halves even in SL who don't disappear for large chunks of the game. Even Anthony Thackeray, who was really good for us overall, had plenty of games where you barely noticed him (including both times Fev have played Sheffield this year), same with Ridyard, who I also think is a top-notch Championship half back.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

In which division would that be SL?

2 hours ago, SL17 said:

The Championship of course Harry.

Now..now boys, calm down.

Archived